> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >  
Claudiostrat's Thread, for Gab's Army
ClaudioStrat
Nov 4 2021, 12:35 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

i'm due an update! sorry was a bit busy so didn't post much but still managed to find some time to practice.

the Eric Gales bend masterclass continues to keep me busy but I think I'm finally starting to get the bends, I think my ears needed more training...

Anyways some bends are not perfect but I think bend wise should much better then my last one.
Rhythm-wise still a few imperfections but I was really focusing one bends here.

What do you think?

Attached File  EG_03_Nov.mp3 ( 2.77MB ) Number of downloads: 76

also making progress on a couple more lessons , so will share first takes for feedback soon (Metallica one)

the "left hand focus I" and "Right hand II" are really good set of exercises, currently practicing both need a bit more time

Best,
Claudio

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Nov 4 2021, 12:45 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2021, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio! Great to hear from you!

I have to say that this new take shows many improvements in rhythm and bending. There is still work to do, and now I think that your ear is much more trained to recognize the bends that are missing or not reaching the right pitch.

But the good news is that this new take shows very remarkable progress.

Looking forward to your new takes.

Congrats!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 8 2021, 04:01 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

OK glad you also hear the improvements on the Eric Gales lesson. I continue to work on that and hopefully improve my hit ratio on bends, I'm learning a lot with this lesson for sure.

so here is my 1st attempt at the Metallica lesson, which is good fun to play.
It is still a little rough, playing at 130 bpm (instead of 140 orig for now).

What I know is wrong is:
-melodic slow part is not perfect in this one time-wise, I think I rushed it.
-there is a little string noise and random mistakes here and there which should disappear with more practice/better muting.

Other than that I thought it was a good starting point to get your feedback on the many things I'm sure I can improve!

thanks in advance

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 10 2021, 02:53 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, great to see you playing this one!

There are basically 2 things that I can add to the 2 that you noted:

1. The first one is timing. This problem is more important in the first section. The first riff is not tight yet and so you need to focus on that. This happens when the drums cuts, but also while the drums play the groove. You move from going after to before the beat, whereas this style requires to playing strictly "on the beat".

2. The second one is the sound of the second part where you have to combine palm muting with power chords. I notice that many power chords are not sounding clear there and that this part is not sounding consistent. You need to polish it and the best way to do is to slow down and practice at a comfortable tempo.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 10 2021, 07:37 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 10 2021, 01:53 PM) *
Hi Claudio, great to see you playing this one!

There are basically 2 things that I can add to the 2 that you noted:

1. The first one is timing. This problem is more important in the first section. The first riff is not tight yet and so you need to focus on that. This happens when the drums cuts, but also while the drums play the groove. You move from going after to before the beat, whereas this style requires to playing strictly "on the beat".

2. The second one is the sound of the second part where you have to combine palm muting with power chords. I notice that many power chords are not sounding clear there and that this part is not sounding consistent. You need to polish it and the best way to do is to slow down and practice at a comfortable tempo.

thanks Gabri,

yeah i can see both, defy need more time to polish the whole thing.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 12 2021, 03:00 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Nov 10 2021, 03:37 PM) *
thanks Gabri,

yeah i can see both, defy need more time to polish the whole thing.

Cool! Keep going!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Nov 23 2021, 12:59 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

I worked a bit on the Metallica lesson lately. Still work to do to make clean but I think the timing is getting better.
I'm at 120bpm vs 140 original here for now.

What do you think?

Attached File  metallica_practice_practice_22Nov.mp3 ( 4.31MB ) Number of downloads: 74

Continue to practice the EG licks as well which is really helping my bending, will hopefully shave a video at some point.

Best,
Claudio

This post has been edited by ClaudioStrat: Nov 23 2021, 12:59 AM

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 26 2021, 02:26 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!

Yes! This is getting better! Your overall timing is good here. I think that the part that needs more attention is the one that starts at 00:52. Please isolate that section and work on it for a few days before increasing tempo.

The lead section sounds good, but you still need to improve the trills (legato) parts. Create small blocks to work on this parts as exercises (and make variations).

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 19 2022, 05:31 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

happy new year. I hope all is good.
back here, was away for Xmas and didn't get to record a lot but have been practicing some of the lessons I was working on before and some new ones.

Working on a few lessons of the new technique series, which i think is really good for me. So will be posting here a few things I have been working on over the next few days to have some feedback from you.

Let's start with https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Right-Hand-II/

at 95bpm, I know I still need to work on it, but would like to get your feedback on this one as I try to add speed, keep it at tempo.

thanks,
Clauido

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 22 2022, 07:42 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio!

Great to hear from you. I with you a happy new year. smile.gif

Cool. This course is a very good choice for you. The first thing that I recommend you doing is to work at a slower tempo and focus on keeping your left hand fingers closer to the fretboard, and be sure that your hands are going synchronized. These should be the first two goals. Once you can do it, you can increase tempo gradually until you reach the current one.

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 23 2022, 04:44 PM
Learning Roadie
Thanks Gabri,

Will try to fix my technique, hand/pinky position at slower tempo. I’m working also so the string crossing exercises, so will try to do that one as lower as well to make sure I build the right Techniques (and share a video with you). I’m starting to realise the limitations of my current technique , so keen to try to fix it.

Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 23 2022, 09:40 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Jan 23 2022, 12:44 PM) *
Thanks Gabri,

Will try to fix my technique, hand/pinky position at slower tempo. I’m working also so the string crossing exercises, so will try to do that one as lower as well to make sure I build the right Techniques (and share a video with you). I’m starting to realise the limitations of my current technique , so keen to try to fix it.

Claudio

Excellent Claudio! We can use this course to review your techniques, adjust movements, posture and once you are comfortable, focus on gaining speed and accuracy. Most of the parts and lessons includes recommended lessons that you can use as complementary material.

As always, let's use this thread so I can monitor your progress. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Jan 27 2022, 12:20 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

Worked on this slowly (80bpm) and trying to keep the left hand as close as possible.

I took 2 recordings of the same with different camera angles, but I think is a similar conclusion to me: I think the hand position has improved a bit, but looking at my hand I think It is still a bit too far (especially the second part of the exercise) when I look at the pinky ...

I'm also trying to flex both joints of my pinky and is something I struggle with if I do not focus on it.

anyways... that's where I am, at least getting more aware of it!
what do you think?

vid 1

vid 2

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 30 2022, 04:57 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, how are you?

You're right, your hand posture has improved in these new videos. There is some more room to keep your fingers closer to the fretboard as you said, but you are definitely on the right track. The key is to continue polishing the posture and movements and once you are comfortable with the new mechanics, you can focus on playing faster.

Please continue practicing and share a new video!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 2 2022, 02:12 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Gabri,

just updating on some progress. Working on these two lesson RH 2 and RH 3 (cross string version)

still work in progress (especially RH3 middle part! which I find a little harder).

working on trying on hand positioning etc... I think there is a little improvement in the position and playing. I'm working on this daily trying to look at my hand and keep it as close as possible and keeping this 80bpm tempo.

let me know what you think please . thanks

RH2

RH3

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 2 2022, 05:17 PM
Instructor

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 2 2022, 07:09 PM
Learning Roadie
thanks,

a few things to digest as you say.

I understand the dynamics, in the 4 notes pattern ok. the 1st of 4 to accentuate. But in the triplets the I find it harder has one time the accent is one time on a down-stroke the other time is on a up-stroke. But will work on that and should manage, i was not paying attention to that, so now i will.

the pinky position is a bit more of an issue, any suggestion on how to deal with that? or maybe some specific exercise? I think is getting better as I focus on it, but my pinky does't want to stay there... but i see the importance.

best,

Claudio

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 3 2022, 02:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Feb 2 2022, 03:09 PM) *
thanks,

a few things to digest as you say.

I understand the dynamics, in the 4 notes pattern ok. the 1st of 4 to accentuate. But in the triplets the I find it harder has one time the accent is one time on a down-stroke the other time is on a up-stroke. But will work on that and should manage, i was not paying attention to that, so now i will.

Yes, that's the tricky part of triplets. You can dedicate some time to just practice the rhythm while muting the strings, mostly to get more familiar with the right dynamics.

QUOTE (ClaudioStrat @ Feb 2 2022, 03:09 PM) *
the pinky position is a bit more of an issue, any suggestion on how to deal with that? or maybe some specific exercise? I think is getting better as I focus on it, but my pinky does't want to stay there... but i see the importance.

Yes, the LEFT HAND lessons include exercises that will help you to focus on this finger which is the most rebellious.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
ClaudioStrat
Feb 3 2022, 07:57 PM
Learning Roadie
hi Gabri ,

sorry but got a bit confused the first exercise is all groups of 4 right? SO I should accentuate the 1st, always on a downstroke in this case.
I'm asking because you talk about triplet in your video, instead are all groups of 4. in both RH2 and RH3. sorry but just want to make sure i get this correctly

Attached Image

i'm also working on the legato

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Left-Hand-Focus-I/

will post a video soon

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2022, 03:19 PM
Instructor
Hi Claudio, you are completely right. In this case, I arranged the pattern in 16th notes so here you need to accentuate the first of each group of 4. By the way, you could practice both versions.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  « < 10 11 12 13 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:46 AM