2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Hey Listen To This!, If you want to.
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 10:00 AM
GMC:er
This is it! The moment you have all been waiting for! wink.gif

As suggested by Andrew Cockburn;

QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 13 2007, 11:10 PM) *
laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif Good for you! Why not post a really awful audio clip to vindicate me and Pavel, then set about proving us wrong over the coming months smile.gif

So that is what I am doing tongue.gif

WARNING: The following attachment may cause slight discomfort to the ears. Listen at your own risk.

P.S: All sounds including horses and balloons, made using a $20 Violin and bow with two strings D and E as the other two snapped. Day one of learning violin...

Attached File  violin_14.07.07.mp3 ( 2MB ) Number of downloads: 271

Ahahahaha, was that painful or what! laugh.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 14 2007, 10:38 AM
Lets go fishing!
blink.gif Time for some lessons me thinks laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 10:42 AM
I think so too. But I am just going to try learn on my own for 6 months, and then if that fails i smash it against the wall smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 14 2007, 10:53 AM
Lets go fishing!
Poor Violin sad.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 10:56 AM
Yes it is very poor, very cheap, very lucky to have me stroking it with my mane on a stick

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Jul 14 2007, 12:14 PM
Smoooooooke on the waaaaater!

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 12:27 PM
Haha, yeah first thing i learnt on guitar, now first thing i learnt on violin too tongue.gif oh i also learnt it on piano, bass, and harmonica. laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 14 2007, 01:48 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 01:49 PM
You can learn that song on any instrument smile.gif And I must add Violin is extremely fun!!!!

But really hard to play, its too easy to hit sour notes. As you heard from my attachment tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 14 2007, 01:50 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Jul 14 2007, 02:13 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 14 2007, 02:49 PM) *
You can learn that song on any instrument smile.gif And I must add Violin is extremely fun!!!!

But really hard to play, its too easy to hit sour notes. As you heard from my attachment tongue.gif

You're on your way, though - and no, it's not just "blind encouragement" - I've heard much worse bow feeling for a beginner trying out the instrument smile.gif

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 02:15 PM
Gee Thanks smile.gif I think i might replace them missing strings then and, set aside an hour a day for this new toy smile.gif

- Hemlok

P.S: Jameson Whiskey is very crisp(i think thats the word), no aftertaste. smile.gif very pleased with it.

This post has been edited by Hemlok: Jul 14 2007, 02:17 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Jul 14 2007, 02:18 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Hemlok @ Jul 14 2007, 09:15 AM) *
Gee Thanks smile.gif I think i might replace them missing strings then and, set aside an hour a day for this new toy smile.gif

- Hemlok

P.S: Jameson Whiskey is very crisp(i think thats the word), no aftertaste. smile.gif very pleased with it.

Hey, that's cool! Next you have to learn "Arpeggios from hell" - its complicated smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 02:19 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 14 2007, 09:18 PM) *
Hey, that's cool! Next you have to learn "Arpeggios from hell" - its complicated smile.gif

Hey settle down! tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jul 14 2007, 02:20 PM
Lets go fishing!
I want to see some tapping and sweep arpeggios out of this violin ! laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 02:22 PM
Haha you crazy critter. Im not sure but i have a feeling that with 4 strings I will be much worse.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kaneda
Jul 14 2007, 02:25 PM
Other side of the coin
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Jul 14 2007, 03:18 PM) *

Arpeggios from Hell on violin would be a disgrace to the violin! ohmy.gif

Oh, and yes, your intonation is of course way off, but that takes years anyway wink.gif Might start out with tape markings for guidance - like "virtual frets" wink.gif Just keep in mind to remove them again sooner rather than later.

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Jul 14 2007, 02:33 PM
QUOTE (Kaneda @ Jul 14 2007, 09:25 PM) *
Arpeggios from Hell on violin would be a disgrace to the violin! ohmy.gif

Oh, and yes, your intonation is of course way off, but that takes years anyway wink.gif Might start out with tape markings for guidance - like "virtual frets" wink.gif Just keep in mind to remove them again sooner rather than later.

Ah yes Kaneda thanks for reminding me, I did plan on making tape markers, or painting a little design. Tape markers seems like the way to go.. I am no artist.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Guitarman700
Jul 14 2007, 06:02 PM
It sounds like a million demons vomiting from the mouth of hell, buts its better than anything i could do. your getting there, keep it up!
PS: the smoke on the water thing was hilarious and pretty good, so just keep working at it.

This post has been edited by Guitarman700: Jul 14 2007, 06:03 PM

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars:
Fender Standard Stratocaster HSS
Jackson Dinky Custom
Washburn WG-587 7-String
LTD EX-50
Kramer Focus 6000
Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Marshall MG10KK Kerry King 10 Watt

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 9 2007, 01:09 AM
Post something new, I want to hear how pro you've become on the violin biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Toni Suominen
Dec 9 2007, 01:16 AM
Instructor
Thats a beautiful piece of music! laugh.gif

--------------------
Gear:
-PRS Custom 22
-Edwards Les Paul
-PodXT
-Ibanez Acoustic

Check out my lessons and my instructor profile!

My Youtube channel

My Last.FM

+Quote Post
Hemlok
Dec 9 2007, 01:22 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Dec 9 2007, 08:09 AM) *
Post something new, I want to hear how pro you've become on the violin biggrin.gif

laugh.gif well since I have not played since i recorded that, you will be in for a treat.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 11:50 AM