What ? Why ? How ?
Ben Higgins
Jul 4 2014, 10:17 AM
Instructor
I'll leave the vid to do the talking...

And to the best of my knowledge, this is not one of those overdubbed 'shred fail' videos - it's the real deal.

Counselling will be offered to anyone affected by the sights and sounds shown.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Jul 4 2014, 10:18 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 4 2014, 06:24 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I want the last 10 minutes of my life back. blink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
bleez
Jul 4 2014, 06:47 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker

we may differ in our opinion of 'incredible runs' huh.gif

this cant be real....... you are up to some malarkey here, B-Dawg!

it grabs the note and moves it down..... it grabs the note and moves it down..... it puts the lotion on its skin.

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 4 2014, 08:04 PM
Tone Seeker
I still wonder where's that lick which you can use in metal music

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Jul 4 2014, 08:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (AK Rich @ Jul 4 2014, 06:24 PM) *
I want the last 10 minutes of my life back. blink.gif

You lasted 10 minutes ????? laugh.gif

QUOTE (bleez @ Jul 4 2014, 06:47 PM) *

this cant be real....... you are up to some malarkey here, B-Dawg!

Oh I forgot to mention in my original post... Our friend WeePee generously shared this with me !! It's his fault biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
llibach
Jul 4 2014, 08:38 PM
Learning Rock Star
Wow. I come back on this site after being absent for a few months and this is the first thing I see. ohmy.gif
It's good to see the standard of instructional videos has improved maybe this guy could be the new instructor here.

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Jul 4 2014, 08:43 PM
Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 4 2014, 11:16 PM) *
Oh I forgot to mention in my original post... Our friend WeePee generously shared this with me !! It's his fault biggrin.gif

Hey, don't make me your scapegoat. I saw this on Ola Englund's facebook. You know those Swedes... ph34r.gif

This post has been edited by WeePee: Jul 4 2014, 08:44 PM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2014, 08:44 PM
GMC:er
I saw OLA ENGLUND share this vid a bit back and laughed my head off then too smile.gif "That could be used in Metal Music!" hahahahahahah!!

QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 4 2014, 05:17 AM) *
I'll leave the vid to do the talking...

And to the best of my knowledge, this is not one of those overdubbed 'shred fail' videos - it's the real deal.

Counselling will be offered to anyone affected by the sights and sounds shown.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 4 2014, 11:03 PM
I've always wondered WHY in the hell he did that amp demo. And I agree it kinda sucks.

This is really where he lives musically. It's definitely not an 'easy' listen but I think you can tell he's serious about what he does ...

He's one of the foremost 'free form' pure improvising musicians. Very famous in that circle actually.
He's made a lot of records and played with a lot of folks ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kaiser_%28musician%29

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jul 5 2014, 07:34 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2014, 11:37 PM
Egad! His tone is making me wish for death. sad.gif His technique is causing me physical pain somehow. It's hard to believe he's actually serious. But as I always say, it takes all types to fill up the subway so to each his own smile.gif

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 4 2014, 06:03 PM) *
I've always wondered WHY in the hell he did that amp demo. And I agree it kinda sicks.

This is really where he lives musically. It's definitely not an 'easy' listen but I think you can tell he's serious about what he does ...

He's one of the foremost 'free form' pure improvising musicians. Very famous in that circle actually.
He's made a lot of records and played with a lot of folks ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Henry_Kaiser_%28musician%29

+Quote Post
Azzaboi
Jul 5 2014, 12:46 AM
Some kid found out how to make an instrument out of a rubber band and wants to show the family? All you can do is smile and nod, as they do it for hours on end...

ps: I was referring to his guitar tone and in no way me when I was young and first time discovering something called a guitar, amp and effects pedal.

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 5 2014, 07:11 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Jul 4 2014, 03:37 PM) *
Egad! His tone is making me wish for death. sad.gif His technique is causing me physical pain somehow. It's hard to believe he's actually serious. But as I always say, it takes all types to fill up the subway so to each his own smile.gif

I dig it to be honest. I've always been into the avant garde to some extent. Especially the really angular stuff. He definitely does his own thing.
Sometimes (a lot of times) I need ugly and difficult so I can see beauty and stability. ☯

This post has been edited by klasaine: Jul 5 2014, 07:33 AM

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 6 2014, 04:54 AM
Well, to each his own wink.gif It takes all kinds to fill up the bus as they say!!

QUOTE (klasaine @ Jul 5 2014, 02:11 AM) *
I dig it to be honest. I've always been into the avant garde to some extent. Especially the really angular stuff. He definitely does his own thing.
Sometimes (a lot of times) I need ugly and difficult so I can see beauty and stability. ☯

+Quote Post
Spock
Jul 6 2014, 11:29 AM
EEEEEEEEE GAAAAAAAADDD!!!!!!!!!

THAT SUCKS!!!!

Who would buy a ticket to that show? I'd rather listen to a 24 hours Chocolate Rain music marathon, or take my 82 year old father to a Norwegian Death Metal concert.

Imagine the looks he gets when trying out a new guitar at the music store.

This post has been edited by Spock: Jul 6 2014, 11:32 AM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Jul 6 2014, 10:58 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Jul 4 2014, 11:16 AM) *
You lasted 10 minutes ????? laugh.gif

Well, I had to give him the benefit of the doubt and see if there was anything on there that I could steal. biggrin.gif But I came up empty handed. sad.gif

+Quote Post
bleez
Aug 10 2014, 07:40 PM
Experienced Tone Seeker
I was just browsing through Keith Merrow's youtube and found this. The video they are watching was oddly familiar..... then I remembered where Id seen it before! laugh.gif

--------------------

You say 'minor pentatonic ' like it's a bad thing

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 10 2014, 08:06 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (bleez @ Aug 10 2014, 07:40 PM) *
I was just browsing through Keith Merrow's youtube and found this. The video they are watching was oddly familiar..... then I remembered where Id seen it before! laugh.gif

Nice find !! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
VilleFIN
Aug 10 2014, 08:19 PM
Tone Seeker
Oh heck, that's even more funnier biggrin.gif

"Heaviest metal I've ever heared in my life !"

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 06:13 AM