The Complaint Thread
botoxfox
Nov 17 2007, 11:51 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (SLASH91 @ Nov 17 2007, 03:19 PM) *
I'm having trouble getting my new Floyd Rose set right mad.gif

Then you might take a look here...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Understudy
Nov 18 2007, 12:06 AM
Well yesterday sucked and in fact is still sucking in my head ! I had planned on getting my new amp soon, I decided on the Carvin Belair 50 watt 2x12 combo and the additional 2x12 cab for it. My wife and I also have our vacation planned for the first week of January. We already paid the deposit for our vacation, and yesterday found out our poor little dog has to go in for surgery next week. With her surgery going to cost upwards of $2,000 dollars, we may have to cancel our vacation and lose the deposit, and now my new amp is never going to be ordered ! Damn you, Damn you things that control my happiness, always raining on my damn campfire ! Now christmas will probably suck also as we don't have an extra $2,000 dollars sitting around ! Sigh.... I give up man.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars Carvin DC-127 Ibanez RG-470
Accoustic Guitar Ovation Celebrity
Amp Marshall VS65R
Recording Gear Tascam Ministudio Porta 02 (Analog 4 track)
Boss DR-220 Dr. Rhythm Digital Drum Machine
Tuner Boss TU-12
Effects pedals Dunlop 535Q CryBaby, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, Boss
CS-3 Compression Sustainer, Boss MT-2 Metal Zone, Boss DD-5 Digital Delay

+Quote Post
radarlove1984
Nov 18 2007, 06:03 AM
My dorm's shutting down for the week of Thanksgiving, I have no family to stay with, I can crash at a friend's house but he smokes more pot than Willie Nelson and I'm applying for an internship in December, I have $100 bucks to stretch into 5 days of room and board... and I'll probably have to go to Tijuana for the week because I don't have enough money to stay in the US.

Oh yeah, Tijuana is bad if you're a white boy who's going in alone and doesn't speak Spanish, AND speaks English with a southern accent. (The last time I was there, someone got shot about two blocks away from where we were staying)

Other than that, I can't complain biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 18 2007, 07:19 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (radarlove1984 @ Nov 18 2007, 06:03 AM) *
My dorm's shutting down for the week of Thanksgiving, I have no family to stay with, I can crash at a friend's house but he smokes more pot than Willie Nelson and I'm applying for an internship in December, I have $100 bucks to stretch into 5 days of room and board... and I'll probably have to go to Tijuana for the week because I don't have enough money to stay in the US.

Oh yeah, Tijuana is bad if you're a white boy who's going in alone and doesn't speak Spanish, AND speaks English with a southern accent. (The last time I was there, someone got shot about two blocks away from where we were staying)

Other than that, I can't complain biggrin.gif

Ouch...that's bad sad.gif sad.gif

My complaint would be - no will to practice....

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 18 2007, 07:29 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 17 2007, 10:19 PM) *
My complaint would be - no will to practice....

BE HEALED!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFYhZ8vMpRU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiT6qtM09tI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d4RNA1LfYbg

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Nov 18 2007, 08:12 AM
wiould probably be voted the most popular thread in the whole of GMC lol
this worl sucks doesnt it? haha....
anyway new complaint... i hate my little fingers, mainly thumb, coz i have been repeatedly having to push my thumb against the bottom of the fretboard coz its too small to reach around it etc, and it gets tired after a while which sucks

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 18 2007, 08:43 AM
QUOTE (Owen @ Nov 15 2007, 09:06 PM) *
I've done the maths for this, Oil Prices are 3 times as much in the UK at the pump as in the US. The relatively low price of oil in the states compared to other countries seems to be the driving reason behind that fact that products such as Guitars seem to cost half as much over there. tongue.gif

You know why gas is 3 times higher in Uk ??Taxes ,,the UK charges about 75% tax on its gas.In the US maybe 20%,but the actual cost of the gas is whats so high here and even though its more there we are still used to having it at that price and depend on it

--------------------
My Gear
Cort X-2 electric with 24 frets and 2 humbucker's dark Blue
Kustom DFX100 With Celestion Speakers,and thats it now (lol)

My Advice
Figure out what you want in life early.Wether it's the girl,the partying
or mastering the guitar.Adding any 2 together will get in your way.

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Nov 18 2007, 08:50 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (shredmandan @ Nov 18 2007, 02:43 AM) *
You know why gas is 3 times higher in Uk ??Taxes ,,the UK charges about 75% tax on its gas.In the US maybe 20%,but the actual cost of the gas is whats so high here and even though its more there we are still used to having it at that price and depend on it

Which is why, having moved from the UK to the USA, I wonder why people panic about the price of gas here - it seems like its almost free to me smile.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 18 2007, 08:51 AM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Nov 18 2007, 02:50 AM) *
Which is why, having moved from the UK to the USA, I wonder why people panic about the price of gas here - it seems like its almost free to me smile.gif

Yeah everyone complains here but they no nothing of how much it is everywhere else.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 18 2007, 08:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 18 2007, 07:29 AM) *

Hahaha thanks but i saw those videos so many times that they don't even impress me anymore laugh.gif laugh.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 18 2007, 09:05 AM
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Nov 15 2007, 06:50 AM) *
Man if we all could ban together and create a drivers strike. By car pooling or ridding bikes, just cut the use down by 15 percent we could fix our own price.
However, I did see where the real problem my lie. And that is china told all the oil suppliers they would pay a few dollars higher for oil no matter what other countries offer. So if we say 120 a barrel they will gladly pay 125. If we said 200 they would say 205. They said they will beat the world no matter what the cost.

I wish we all could strike cause honestly it would bring down gas prices big time.No doubt about it

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 18 2007, 09:15 AM

I'm having trouble understanding this whole upset about gas prices thing, it confuses me, I guess I'm just going to have to put it down to different economies and percecptions.

But seriously, you guys would not like it over here from that perspective everything cost twice as much... gas...guitars...cars.

I have no moans for today, which I guess is a first tongue.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 18 2007, 09:25 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 17 2007, 11:57 PM) *
Hahaha thanks but i saw those videos so many times that they don't even impress me anymore laugh.gif laugh.gif sad.gif sad.gif sad.gif

BE HEALED!!! (maybe....)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQL2cLE7HpA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9Gk3wkKO0g...feature=related

This post has been edited by The Uncreator: Nov 18 2007, 09:31 AM

+Quote Post
Pavel
Nov 18 2007, 06:48 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 18 2007, 09:25 AM) *

Nope, didn't work....but think i am off to practice my own songs so maybe that will get me back in the mood...

--------------------

+Quote Post
shredmandan
Nov 18 2007, 06:54 PM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Nov 18 2007, 12:48 PM) *
Nope, didn't work....but think i am off to practice my own songs so maybe that will get me back in the mood...

Maybe just need to try and get interested in a completly different style of music or guitar smile.gif .Sounds crazy but you never know.Also mixing that together could make something really awesome

--------------------
My Gear

My Advice

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 18 2007, 08:23 PM
Unleash your bad motherfinger on some chicken pickin! laugh.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Nov 18 2007, 11:15 PM
be sure not to hurt anyone though, Kris accidentally killed 10 unworthy souls when he made that lesson, they couldnt dodge the bad mother finger!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Nov 19 2007, 04:30 AM
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Nov 18 2007, 04:15 PM) *
be sure not to hurt anyone though, Kris accidentally killed 10 unworthy souls when he made that lesson, they couldnt dodge the bad mother finger!! smile.gif

L M A O ! ! ! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Nov 19 2007, 04:38 AM
I need to start practicing a lot more. I have had no motivation lately and all of my guitars except for my Strat are not playable at the moment. I also need a lot of money. mad.gif

+Quote Post
Owen
Nov 19 2007, 05:02 AM
My guitars action is all wacked and I cant find an allen key to fix it. sad.gif

Also need £440 to afford that prs I played yesterday laugh.gif

This post has been edited by Owen: Nov 19 2007, 05:03 AM

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post

56 Pages V  « < 19 20 21 22 23 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:25 AM