Playing With The Toneport Ux1, any suggestions for better sound quality
skennington
Mar 2 2008, 12:23 AM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
Critic my recording guys, I'm fairly new at it and got my toneport a few weeks ago and I'm really starting to explore with it. maybe a little too much blink.gif

Mind the technique as well blink.gif Ooooh really got to work on it!

I would like to know about the rendering process. Do you render with the quality set "high" and what is the R3 Mix? And also the resample rate. I used "best" but not sure if thats the "Best" sound.

Thanks for the help guys. smile.gif

I used a piece out of Smells and myself beg/adv collab to play around with

Edit: typo

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 2 2008, 12:26 AM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  rough_second_take.mp3 ( 1.43MB ) Number of downloads: 131

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2008, 12:40 AM
Instructor
THere's too much distortion and the sound is flat and muddy on riffs. On lead it's better. Still buzzing but okay.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 2 2008, 12:47 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 1 2008, 11:40 PM) *
THere's too much distortion and the sound is flat and muddy on riffs. On lead it's better. Still buzzing but okay.

yup I just spoke to you about what tone you used laugh.gif meant to add in to my last PM that thats one of the tones I use for lead, I`ve got a tone that has much less gain for rhythm

try this one mate Attached File  Rock_rythmn.l6t ( 1.97K ) Number of downloads: 81

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 2 2008, 12:58 AM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Mar 1 2008, 06:40 PM) *

QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 1 2008, 06:47 PM) *
yup I just spoke to you about what tone you used laugh.gif meant to add in to my last PM that thats one of the tones I use for lead, I`ve got a tone that has much less gain for rhythm

try this one mate Attached File  Rock_rythmn.l6t ( 1.97K ) Number of downloads: 81

Thanks guys!

I'll throttle back on the distortion. Gonna try your preset Smells.

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 2 2008, 01:16 AM
Attached File  Smells_rhythm_setting.mp3 ( 1013.06K ) Number of downloads: 153
Heres a take using your preset Smells. I think its my cheap Dell speakers thats throwing me off.

The first part is with the n/pup. Second is with bridge.

This post has been edited by skennington: Mar 2 2008, 01:17 AM

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Mar 2 2008, 01:26 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
yea theres not huge amounts of gain on that tone, thats possibly whats throwing you off as well,

Still a tadge "flat" sounding, maybe wanna add a tiny bit of reverb to it, but if you listen here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=12457 on post number 9 its that very same tone you`ve just recorded with that I`ve used on that track. pups, the guitar itself, strings etc are gunna play a part in altering the tones between person to person, so you may need to do a bit of tweaking, but gives you a decent base to work off of, I`d say the distortion level is a lot better tho smile.gif

This post has been edited by Smells: Mar 2 2008, 01:27 AM
Reason for edit: typo

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
skennington
Mar 2 2008, 01:30 AM
QUOTE (Smells @ Mar 1 2008, 07:26 PM) *
yea theres not huge amounts of gain on that tone, thats possibly whats throwing you off as well,

Still a tadge "flat" sounding, maybe wanna add a tiny bit of reverb to it, but if you listen here https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=12457 on post number 9 its that very same tone you`ve just recorded with that I`ve used on that track. pups, the guitar itself, strings etc are gunna play a part in altering the tones between person to person, so you may need to do a bit of tweaking, but gives you a decent base to work off of, I`d say the distortion level is a lot better tho smile.gif

Thanks bro! These are active EMG's but I think the strings suck from Jackson's Factory. Bout time for a new set and I'm going to have the guitar prof. set-up.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 03:24 PM