What Else If Not Guitar?
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 2 2012, 09:44 PM
Instructor
Guys, I was thinking that if I wouldn't've had guitar as the love of my life instrument, I would've liked to play the drums! It seems like the supreme unleashing of energy to me biggrin.gif Morgan from Sevendust, is my all time favorite drummer!

What sort of instrument would you have liked to play if (let's presume) you wouldn't've played the guitar?

Cosmin

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
MonkeyDAthos
Sep 2 2012, 09:55 PM
GMC:er
i don't know man, i would like very much keybords, i love watching jordan rudess and his wizardy biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Sep 2 2012, 09:56 PM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Sep 2 2012, 10:22 PM
Instructor
definitely drums!!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Opetholic
Sep 2 2012, 10:27 PM
Learning Guitar Lord
If not guitar, I would want to learn to play the cello. I love how it sounds..

--------------------

+Quote Post
thefireball
Sep 2 2012, 10:35 PM
Learning Roadie
It would have been piano since I started lessons when I was 8. I became fairly skilled, but unfortunately allowed myself to get out of practice when I picked up the guitar.

+Quote Post
Qenzoz
Sep 2 2012, 10:59 PM
Drums, I actually wanted to play drums at first, but It just didn't feel right, and still doesn't I've tried many times, actually had an acoustic drum set, and I currently have an electric drum set, but when I sit behind a drum set it just doesn't feel right, same as when I sit with a bass, the only thing I feel comfortable with is a guitar, even tho I think that drums are just as awesome. But maybe one day I'll feel comfortable with the drums tongue.gif

But if I haven't tried out the guitar and didn't feel comfortable with the drums, I think it might have been the bass, even tho I like drums a little bit more, maybe I wouldn't have been playing music at all then xD, or maybe I'd would just be playing the standard AC/DC, Billie Jean rhythm one the drums all day long ;D

This post has been edited by Qenzoz: Sep 2 2012, 11:01 PM

--------------------
Guitar
Suhr S4 Pro Series Bengal Burst

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Sep 3 2012, 12:24 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Vocals. 100% full on vocals smile.gif

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Sep 3 2012, 12:33 AM
Learning Tone Master
I'd be a lover , not a fighter blink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Sep 3 2012, 12:36 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Piano and I would play something like this :

It a big regret I didn't get a change to learn how to play piano. I tried to learn it when I was a kid but didn't have good environment (didn't have the instrument/teacher/where to learn). I did get it to some really basic level and I can play a few tunes but that is it. Hope I'll be able to catch up one day as its never too late to learn a new instrument smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
vonhotch
Sep 3 2012, 01:09 AM
I've played a little bit of saxaphone, piano, drums, viola. My first love has always been guitar but if I wasn't playing that I think it would be an intrument of the violin family, violin, viola, or I would like to try the cello.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2012, 07:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Sep 2 2012, 11:36 PM) *
Piano and I would play something like this :

It a big regret I didn't get a change to learn how to play piano. I tried to learn it when I was a kid but didn't have good environment (didn't have the instrument/teacher/where to learn). I did get it to some really basic level and I can play a few tunes but that is it. Hope I'll be able to catch up one day as its never too late to learn a new instrument smile.gif

I totally agree man smile.gif But to make things simpler, I will make sure that my kid has a piano in the house - I think that people that do get a chance to grow up with a piano in the house and as many musical instruments as possible, are more prone to becoming naturally skilled musicians later on. It's like you have it in your blood when you're born and you don't let it slip away till later on when you get to study an instrument. That think which you are born with stays constantly around and aware because of the fact that you are surrounded by instruments and your subconscious picks up various elements from this environment, which will help tremendously when you start playing effectively. Ben has grown up this way, I think!

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Sep 2 2012, 11:24 PM) *
Vocals. 100% full on vocals smile.gif

I started being a vocalist later on in my life, although I was singing in my bath tub since 7 or 8 years old laugh.gif But the possibilities of the human voice are incredible and it's the only instrument that's really natural to us - we have it in us, growing and developing with our body, right? Too bad that most people think - I don't have a voice - wrong! Your ear training needs a lot of work, but we all have a voice, otherwise we wouldn't be able to speak biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 3 2012, 08:57 AM
Instructor
Drums or vocals !

Drums because deep down we all know we could do better than the drummers we played with..

Vocals for the same reason ! laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 3 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 3 2012, 07:57 AM) *
Drums or vocals !

Drums because deep down we all know we could do better than the drummers we played with..

Vocals for the same reason ! laugh.gif

Well, I am blessed with the gift of having two AWESOME drummers biggrin.gif so I have no frustrations linked to them. I just wanted to bash things and hit the snare from up above laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 3 2012, 10:22 AM
If not guitar, then TAMBURICA ofcourse!!
This is famous Tamburica orchestra from my city

Todd' look at this ALTERNATE PICKING Masters tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 3 2012, 10:23 AM

+Quote Post
Nihilist1
Sep 4 2012, 03:06 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Definitely the Cello.

Yo-Yo Ma: Bach Cello Suites

This second piece was Written by Stephen Tosh, and is based on the HP Lovecraft short Story - The Music of Erich Zann(skip forward to about 6:30 if you want to hear the music and not his explanation, because his explanation is occasionally wrong):

--------------------
All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

All the elders have fallen down...

Heal her now...

Grandfather elk
Turned to me
And spoke:

Light the fire deep inside.
Light the fires!

+Quote Post
Grace
Sep 4 2012, 04:05 AM
I loooove string instruments and rhythm...but one instrument I still want to learn how to play is the Cuatro, kinda funny cause both of my grandfathers owned and played this instrument smile.gif I've always loved the way it sounds.
I only put this video because the guy with the hat plays the cuatro smile.gif in case anyone wants to see/hear the instrument.

--------------------
BRUUUUUTAL GRIM DEATH NINJA OF THE FROZEN NORTH!!!!

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Sep 4 2012, 09:14 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 4 2012, 04:05 AM) *
but one instrument I still want to learn how to play is the Cuatro, kinda funny cause both of my grandfathers owned and played this instrument smile.gif I've always loved the way it sounds.

Sounds great ! smile.gif

QUOTE (Grace @ Sep 4 2012, 04:05 AM) *
I only put this video because the guy with the hat plays the cuatro smile.gif

Are you sure ? tongue.gif

There's probably some secret Ricky Martin fans here at GMC....

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Sep 4 2012, 12:48 PM
Instructor
I must say, regardless of how nice the Cuatro sounds, I have NEVER imagined I would see Ricky around here tongue.gif Grace...you know you had it coming with this video laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Sep 4 2012, 01:00 PM
I think I would have stayed playing Bass.
If you mean what would I play if not anything 'Guitar related' I think I would have tried a Saxa-ma-phone, or possibly a Trumpet and played in Ska Bands!!
(My Dad was a Jazz Trumpet player in the 50's/60's.)
biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Sep 4 2012, 01:21 PM
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Sep 4 2012, 08:14 AM) *
Sounds great ! smile.gif

Are you sure ? tongue.gif

There's probably some secret Ricky Martin fans here at GMC....

It's obvious that Greatest CHRISTIAN "Metal" players are Ricky Martin fans , hahaha tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Sep 4 2012, 01:21 PM

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:07 AM