2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Quick Set Up Required If Possible
Phil66
Aug 26 2021, 08:46 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Yup, I'm very happy with it smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 27 2021, 11:05 PM
GMC:er
Please do share some recordings with us on how it's working out? You can post to soundcloud directly from your pad or directly to youtube. I had another student trying to record guitar and video at the same time on a tablet and I'm wondering if it will work on this one? Some folks are using a tablet as the centerpiece of their studio instead of a laptop these days.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 26 2021, 03:46 PM) *
Yup, I'm very happy with it smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Phil66
Aug 28 2021, 06:26 AM
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Aug 27 2021, 11:05 PM) *
Please do share some recordings with us on how it's working out? You can post to soundcloud directly from your pad or directly to youtube. I had another student trying to record guitar and video at the same time on a tablet and I'm wondering if it will work on this one? Some folks are using a tablet as the centerpiece of their studio instead of a laptop these days.

I used it for the first time in my holiday home last night, one minute to set up, perfect. Its great that you can adjust the media volume like the lesson videos using the tablet's volume buttons and it doesn't affect the irig volume, I thought the tablet might see the Amplitube as media, I was concerned about that as there's no independent volume control on the lesson player.

I haven't got into recording on my tablet yet, not sure if I will to be honest as I'm only using the iRig for when time is short. I still prefer a mouse and keyboard wink.gif

Also, because Amplitube is optimised for a phone, if you have your tablet on a stand in landscape orientation, Amplitube is on its side and won't rotate, not a major issue but a bit of a niggle, if it rotated you wouldn't have to scroll along the amp knobs.

Another good thing, when your tablet switches the screen off, you can still hear everything from Amplitube, this saves a lot of battery power if you just need to practise your licks without looking at tab.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 28 2021, 07:21 AM
I hear ya! it does make for a darn handy practice rig!! It's mega portable. You can bring it with you if you have your axe in the trunk and play just about anywhere you like wink.gif

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Aug 28 2021, 01:26 AM) *
I used it for the first time in my holiday home last night, one minute to set up, perfect. Its great that you can adjust the media volume like the lesson videos using the tablet's volume buttons and it doesn't affect the irig volume, I thought the tablet might see the Amplitube as media, I was concerned about that as there's no independent volume control on the lesson player.

I haven't got into recording on my tablet yet, not sure if I will to be honest as I'm only using the iRig for when time is short. I still prefer a mouse and keyboard wink.gif

Also, because Amplitube is optimised for a phone, if you have your tablet on a stand in landscape orientation, Amplitube is on its side and won't rotate, not a major issue but a bit of a niggle, if it rotated you wouldn't have to scroll along the amp knobs.

Another good thing, when your tablet switches the screen off, you can still hear everything from Amplitube, this saves a lot of battery power if you just need to practise your licks without looking at tab.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2021, 09:25 AM
Unless I'm being a total plank there's one thing I don't like, I can't have a noise gate and distortion pedal at the same time. They go into the same block, it's one or the other sad.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 12 2021, 07:22 PM
Thats odd? I have been running the mobile amplitube and I have patches with gate/distortion/chorus/delay pedals on the same patch.

here is a quick phone grab. There is the stomp section (click the plus sign to add more pedals) and the FX section, which is after the amp, also click plus to add more pedals. Im using four pedals before the amp including gate and drive.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 12 2021, 04:25 AM) *
Unless I'm being a total plank there's one thing I don't like, I can't have a noise gate and distortion pedal at the same time. They go into the same block, it's one or the other sad.gif

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 12 2021, 07:34 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 12 2021, 08:55 PM
Thanks,

I'll try to do a video, but the first part of the chain, IIRC allows noise reduction, distortion. Once something is in there, the other slots don't allow distortion, from what I can see anyway.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 13 2021, 01:38 AM
That video is a screen grab from my iphone running amplitube. I've got 4 pedals in the pedal slots. The first one is a gate, the third is distortion. There is a little plus sign you hit to add more pedals. Hope this helps?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 12 2021, 03:55 PM) *
Thanks,

I'll try to do a video, but the first part of the chain, IIRC allows noise reduction, distortion. Once something is in there, the other slots don't allow distortion, from what I can see anyway.

Cheers

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 13 2021, 08:01 PM
I think the Android version is greatly restricted buddy, unless, like I said, I'm being a complete plank!

https://youtu.be/syZVB0hEmhA

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2021, 02:01 AM
Egad!!! I think I may see the problem? is this the free version that came with the unit? It may be that it's limited until you purchase the full version or the other bits needed. I saw it said something like "plug in the unit to buy this model" toward the end of the vid. I did make several purchases including the MESA MARK IIC+ amp, which is my fave amp in Amplitube. Once I bought the amp and I think I bought my fave replica of the MXR SMART GATE, and I think the ibanez tube screamer was free. Of course, I am on a different platform, an iphone. So It may be a different experience. I do remember it was quite limted until I bought the add ons, then it sounded great and no patch lag!!!

I have never tried this one Android to be honest so it could just be a different experience due to the platform. I hope i can expand once you try a few add ons? the free version is always mostly a teaser.

Also, have you tried THU MOBILE? That should work as well!!

This is Amplitube with that other interface I mentioned. The app does look a bit different than the android one?

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 13 2021, 03:01 PM) *
I think the Android version is greatly restricted buddy, unless, like I said, I'm being a complete plank!

https://youtu.be/syZVB0hEmhA

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 14 2021, 03:49 AM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2021, 07:25 AM
Yeah it's what came with the iRig BUT, from what I can gather, it's only stripped down in amps, pedals etc not functionality, you just have to buy the extra bits you want so I don't think I'll ever be able to have NR and distortion together.

I will contact them though.

TH-U mobile isn't available for Android.

It's not a major problem as I only bought it for those times at my holiday home when time is tight and I don't want to pull out and set up the laptop wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 14 2021, 07:26 AM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2021, 08:15 PM
if you do the in app purchase I think you should be able to expand what is available. They give you the freebie just to get you started wink.gif Also, you can pick up a refurbished apple ipad mini for very cheap through the apple refurb program. I you do grab one, you can start using THU mobile and the better version of amplitube as well. not to mention you can use garage band as a full fledged daw. Android is quite limited compared to IOS in terms of music for mobile. It's functional, just a bit less focused on making music.

Here is the link. You can get a 32gb 7th gen ipad for $200.
https://www.apple.com/shop/product/FW782LL/...ece50980dfa0ea3

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 14 2021, 02:25 AM) *
Yeah it's what came with the iRig BUT, from what I can gather, it's only stripped down in amps, pedals etc not functionality, you just have to buy the extra bits you want so I don't think I'll ever be able to have NR and distortion together.

I will contact them though.

TH-U mobile isn't available for Android.

It's not a major problem as I only bought it for those times at my holiday home when time is tight and I don't want to pull out and set up the laptop wink.gif

Cheers

Phil

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 14 2021, 08:18 PM

+Quote Post
Phil66
Sep 14 2021, 08:52 PM
Thanks buddy,

I know I can buy more pedals etc BUT, if you watch my video, the block for noise reduction is the same block as where you can put distortion, you can't put noise reduction or distortion in any other slot, regardless of how many distortion pedals you buy.

It's okay, I can work around it, it's only a quick practise tool, I have my laptop with me at my holiday home for when I get more than half an hour wink.gif

Also, here in the UK they're a few more ££ https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/i...1-ipad-pro-12-9

Cheers

This post has been edited by Phil66: Sep 14 2021, 08:54 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Sep 14 2021, 11:15 PM
Egad!! For that price you can almost by one of the new ipads!! They just released the video about the new ones and they start at $400 unless the standard pricing doesn't apply over there? Are new ones more expensive too?

I watched your vid again and I see what you are saying. Unless the upgraded version gives you new slots, it's just very very limited. The IOS version has two entire sections for various pedals. I can load 4 pedals in the first one and another couple after the amp. I didn't realize the android version was like that.

The new crop is crazy powerful and just about as fast as buying a new macbook. They are now running similar processors and specs which is a bit crazy. They are going to stuff 1TB of storage in the big iphone and charge $1700 for it!! That does seem a bit nuts to me, but that's where things are headed.

QUOTE (Phil66 @ Sep 14 2021, 03:52 PM) *
Thanks buddy,

I know I can buy more pedals etc BUT, if you watch my video, the block for noise reduction is the same block as where you can put distortion, you can't put noise reduction or distortion in any other slot, regardless of how many distortion pedals you buy.

It's okay, I can work around it, it's only a quick practise tool, I have my laptop with me at my holiday home for when I get more than half an hour wink.gif

Also, here in the UK they're a few more ££ https://www.apple.com/uk/shop/refurbished/i...1-ipad-pro-12-9

Cheers

This post has been edited by Todd Simpson: Sep 14 2021, 11:18 PM

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 05:07 PM