Npd: Digitech Rp500
Marc_Maiden
Oct 19 2009, 04:12 AM
GMC:er
Well...its my birthday nextweek, so as a gift, i got the new Digitech rp500

after doing research i felt this one had the best sounds compared to the others. it came down to this VS the line6 m9. This won because of somethings i didnt know it had until i was at guitarcenter deciding on one this afternoon:

The won because of:
Wah - really good sounding ones
Expression pedal
really good acoustic simulator
USB connectivity (sounds i think are better than line 6 for recording)
Can be used as a pre amp so i can plug straight into the PA or a power amp (which is what i am doing now)
Models sound good with my blackstar....a lot better than i thought.
$100+ cheaper

i really am enjoying this pedal, and i think this one is way better than the line 6 pedals available. The sound quality i think is better, but there real cool thing, is that you can turn off amp modeling, and use this in the effects loop as a stompbox modeler instead. i havent tried it like that yet, since im having fun with the presets, but i will very soon!

I will write a review on this as soon as i have had more fun with it, but i think there should be a new category for the gear wiki for "student value" products. meaning they are inexpensive, and great for students here at GMC. this one fits the bill.

it also comes with cubase le4 (ew) and a program that lets you edit patches from the computer and load them to the pedal.

so far the presets are awesome for lead sounds, but they are not EQed right for rhythm sounds so i have to work on that.

anyways: eye candy:

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Marc_Maiden: Oct 19 2009, 04:13 AM

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Crazy_Diamond
Oct 19 2009, 04:16 AM
Learning Rock Star
I was wondering what you bought from the other post about your connection.

I am also interested by this pedal, I saw some good deal on musicianfriend.com

I hope you will do a review on it

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 19 2009, 07:54 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Looks great. Often people overlook Digitech but I swear by their pedals, great stuff. Havn't tried any of these though. Surely sounds interesting smile.gif

QUOTE (Crazy_Diamond @ Oct 19 2009, 05:16 AM) *
I am also interested by this pedal, I saw some good deal on musicianfriend.com

As a present for gf maybe wink.gif

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 19 2009, 12:25 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 19 2009, 08:54 AM) *
Looks great. Often people overlook Digitech but I swear by their pedals, great stuff. Havn't tried any of these though. Surely sounds interesting smile.gif

As a present for gf maybe wink.gif

Yeah I have two Digitech stomps which are really good! smile.gif

@Marc_Maiden

Congrats on getting it mate! It seems like a very good and versatile unit. Looking forward to reading the review after you play with it for some time.

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 19 2009, 12:40 PM
Instructor
Very interesting unit man, all the features are there, sounds like a pretty good device! Congratulations! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Marc_Maiden
Oct 19 2009, 05:38 PM
GMC:er
i noticed something cool when i run the pedal through the return (using only the power amp of the blackstar ht-5)

the amp becomes MUCH louder! as in i could easily play with a band now...any ideas why that could be?

--------------------
- Marc
Current Set up:
Atomic Reactor 2x12 Cab/power amp with a Digitech rp1000 as a preamp
Schecter c1 plus electric guitar

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 11:59 AM