14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > »   
Song Composing Collaboration, ...YOU READY!!?
Juan M. Valero
Aug 31 2007, 09:48 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 30 2007, 06:35 PM) *
ok, I've added some of the riffs now, and I recorded a little part of the solo just to let you know where it starts. I also moved the riff that didn't really fit, but maybe we should take it away. What do you guys think?

For starters I'm thinking 8 people should play a solo. So just send me your solo without the backing track!

Who's up for this? smile.gif
(you don't need to use the PODxt preset for the solo)

Here's the updated file:
[attachment=1579:attachment]
-Marcus

Oh, I can believe it, that theme sounds really good !!! Great solo and great work to all !!! I'm impressed wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ayen
Aug 31 2007, 02:40 PM
GMC:er
I'd love to contribute, but I lack a PodXT and a microphone, and the money to buy either.

One question though, will this collab have a tab and/or a lesson too?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image

+Quote Post
JOhn
Aug 31 2007, 03:23 PM
you dont need a pod for the solo right?

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Aug 31 2007, 03:32 PM
Well I like it...... the idea on the different key solos might make for some tricky rythem through that part of the song im thinking.........to make it all work out cause the main focus is to keep the song in you head and.....thats where the ending comes in..........love the double time lynch mob feel to it but when the song ended i was like umm how did the song go again......you know what i mean......IM not saying its bad or anything......the solo was definatly awsome as allways ........but thats just my view on it........lol please dont beat me for being honest

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Aug 31 2007, 06:09 PM
Attached File  solo.mp3 ( 443.56K ) Number of downloads: 268
well I have a solo for you as well......It fit pretty well I thought but give it a listen .....All i know is its 5.00 am and im a wee bit sleepy...........but allways find time to jam ,,, it cant be all work and no play lol . I didnt know if you wanted a mp3 file or a wav file ........I can give it to you in a wav file if you would like as well

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 31 2007, 09:16 PM
I think the bridge to the solo should go back to the begining of the song, bridging between the intro and the verse, like it used to be.

I'm trying to come up with a bridge to the solo, but I seem to have little to none creativity today, so far I thought it should be something quiet, maybe even acoustic, and prehaps with some soft vocals. If I think of something I'll let you know.

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 31 2007, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ballistic31 @ Aug 31 2007, 04:32 PM) *
Well I like it...... the idea on the different key solos might make for some tricky rythem through that part of the song im thinking.........to make it all work out cause the main focus is to keep the song in you head and.....thats where the ending comes in..........love the double time lynch mob feel to it but when the song ended i was like umm how did the song go again......you know what i mean......IM not saying its bad or anything......the solo was definatly awsome as allways ........but thats just my view on it........lol please dont beat me for being honest

Ballistic, I hear you! and I also agree with you! smile.gif

Nick came up with a riff that has similar feel as the intro, so I put that after the solo riff and changed the key to E. It's very critical to change the rythm this way, but I think it works ok. We get the key-change, plus it's a little "reminder" so the listener don't forget how the song goes smile.gif

Here's the updated file:
Attached File  collab_v8_1.mp3 ( 4.23MB ) Number of downloads: 288

As I said, this is very critical so I need your opinions on this!

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
steve25
Aug 31 2007, 09:36 PM
Marcus, i think that sounds great and can see the idea behind it with the solo slots filled it'll sound awesome smile.gif

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 31 2007, 09:36 PM
I think it's a good key change!.. nothing more to add really smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Aug 31 2007, 09:52 PM
I will still try to send in something for these ASAP. However, this puppy is growing to fast for me to keep up with. I play a lot every night but I can not stop working on lessons as I am bordering my dream speed and I am addicted.
Great work though, and a great song.

I see it already as a crown for the GMC Empire.

PS: Marcus, you could upload your solo XT patch

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Aug 31 2007, 10:11 PM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 31 2007, 09:57 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Iluha @ Aug 31 2007, 10:16 PM) *
I think the bridge to the solo should go back to the begining of the song, bridging between the intro and the verse, like it used to be.

I'm trying to come up with a bridge to the solo, but I seem to have little to none creativity today, so far I thought it should be something quiet, maybe even acoustic, and prehaps with some soft vocals. If I think of something I'll let you know.

There's something about that riff that doesn't seem to fit. When we had it in the beginning of the song, even my girlfriend reacted on that it didn't fit (that says a lot). Maybe the best thing for the song would be to take that riff out completely, and come up with something different?

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
steve25
Aug 31 2007, 10:20 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 31 2007, 09:57 PM) *
There's something about that riff that doesn't seem to fit. When we had it in the beginning of the song, even my girlfriend reacted on that it didn't fit (that says a lot). Maybe the best thing for the song would be to take that riff out completely, and come up with something different?
-Marcus

Perhaps change the bridge but i think the beginning should be left alone i think it's great the way it starts the song off. That's just what i think up to you guys though

+Quote Post
Iluha
Aug 31 2007, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 31 2007, 10:57 PM) *
-Marcus

Yeah, I think it will be for the best, but till someone comes up with a new bridge to the solo, leave it as it is smile.gif

We are getting close to finishing it, I'm getting excited!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Kurt
Aug 31 2007, 10:37 PM
Marcus I would also have a short solo idea of a few seconds that would fit to first key.... may I post it as a gp file?
-Kurt

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 31 2007, 10:39 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kurt @ Aug 31 2007, 11:37 PM) *
Marcus I would also have a short solo idea of a few seconds that would fit to first key.... may I post it as a gp file?
-Kurt

Of course! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Aug 31 2007, 10:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (leedbreak @ Aug 31 2007, 10:52 PM) *
I will still try to send in something for these ASAP. However, this puppy is growing to fast for me to keep up with. I play a lot every night but I can not stop working on lessons as I am bordering my dream speed and I am addicted.
Great work though, and a great song.

I see it already as a crown for the GMC Empire.

PS: Marcus, you could upload your solo XT patch

You can download the solo preset here: http://www.box.net/shared/hvayxvaif3

Looking forward to hear your solo! smile.gif

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post
Kurt
Aug 31 2007, 11:02 PM
QUOTE (lavendell @ Aug 31 2007, 11:39 PM) *
Of course! smile.gif

so here is my short solo in gp:

Attached File(s)
Attached File  solo_for_collab.gp5 ( 2.37K ) Number of downloads: 177

+Quote Post
ballistic31
Sep 1 2007, 02:39 PM
I think the key change brought the song back very nicely.....I have been working on a bridge for the solo. the idea I have is mixing the 2 riffs the rythem riff and the corus riff makeing a new riff out of them both...... played 4 times then moveing the whole thing up one whole step for the build ...........then right into the lynch mob feeling part.......I should have it to post on sunday night.........that will also give the bass player a little fun.........so let me know what you think........cause i can change it if you think that would be to much.........oh and great job mixing in the solos smile.gif

--------------------
[size=3][b]

+Quote Post
JOhn
Sep 1 2007, 06:36 PM
at what part does it change to E? because that and G are my favorite keys.

--------------------
The only man it's OK to love is Paul Gilbert.

+Quote Post
Marcus Lavendell
Sep 2 2007, 03:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Kurt @ Sep 1 2007, 12:02 AM) *
so here is my short solo in gp:

- Perfect! smile.gif

I need someone to play Kurt's solo. Who wants to give it a shot? smile.gif

-Marcus

QUOTE (JOhn @ Sep 1 2007, 07:36 PM) *
at what part does it change to E? because that and G are my favorite keys.

It changes to E at 02:36 min. I've recorded a test solo there so just start playing where my solo stops, and go on until the backing tracks ends.

NOTE: All solo spots in the key of D is now full.
I need 3 more people to come up with a solo in the key of E smile.gif

-Marcus

--------------------
I use Elixir® Strings

+Quote Post

14 Pages V  « < 5 6 7 8 9 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:38 AM