Stone Temple Pilots - Plush, Effects
GrowingDown1
Jan 13 2008, 10:08 AM
GMC:er
Hi Jerry!
Thank you in advance for any help you can give me concerning this topic. My sister is graduating college in May and I am flying home for the ceremony and while there my Dad's band and I are going to play a show for her and her friends. We have included the song Plush by the Stone Temple Pilots in the setlist. I have played this song both acoustic and plugged in but we are going to do the original version. The thing is that I can't seem to get the sound right. On the album it sounds like he is using a Flanger effect over some light distortion but I can't quite seem to get the mix right. I will be using a PRS Custom 22 through a DI Box into the mixer, a Digitech DF-7 Distortion factory and a Boss BF-3 Flanger for this song. Any ideas on how I can get close to the sound on the album? Once again, thank you for any help!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear:
Guitars
PRS Custom 22
ESP EC 1000 Deluxe
Takamine EF341C
Ibanez Soundgear Bass

Effects
Zoom 7.1UT
Digitech DF-7 Distortion Facory
Morley Mark Tremonti Wah
Boss GT2 Chromatic Tuner
Boss BF-3 Flanger

Amp
Hughes and Kettner Warp 7 half Stack
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Jan 14 2008, 07:48 PM
Instructor
Hi GrowingDown1,
I'm listening this song on YouTube... Cool! smile.gif
Mmm... You should try with a crunchy sound from your DF-7.
Put your Flanger in the FX Loop and try to use the bridge pick-up.
DI into the mixer?!? I think you need an amp to get a good sound for this song.
Let me know...

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
cfillizola
Mar 29 2010, 03:55 AM
I have same problem with PLUSH , I am using a LINE 6 SPIDER VALVE MK11... so any advice would be great!

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 29 2010, 10:24 PM
Instructor
Mmm.. even I can't play with a Line6 Spider right know, I'm browsing their website. Try to use the "Hi Gain Amber" simulation, adding some modulation FX, like the chorus or phaser..

--------------------

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

+Quote Post
cfillizola
Mar 30 2010, 03:00 AM
Thanks man.. Ill give it a shot.

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
Mar 30 2010, 05:15 AM
Instructor
You're welcome smile.gif Hope you find some good preset for your ears!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 01:38 AM