S.o.s - Same Song, New Version
Staffy
Apr 10 2010, 06:23 PM
Learning Tone Master
Same Old Song - new version. Some weeks ago me & my band attended a small studio in a school in order to record a demo to use as promotion for upcoming gigs. I haven't got the time to mix it until now, so here's the first one. (we did three songs in 1 1/2 hour, I will post the other one's as well)

The recording was really simple, all played in the same room with the same listening in the earphones, but with the guitar amp in another room. No overdubs we're made except for some bass note in the end of a song and some vocal lines, but mainly everything was live.

All comments are welcome as usual, on playing & sound or whatever..... smile.gif

//Staffay

EDIT: Oh, the song is "I got You" by me....

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Staffy: Apr 10 2010, 08:18 PM

Attached File(s)
Attached File  gotu5.mp3 ( 6.67MB ) Number of downloads: 208

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Amps: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Marshall JMP 2103, AER 60
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2
Music by Staffy can be found at: Staffay at MySpace
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Apr 10 2010, 06:27 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
This. is. just. plain. cool.

I love the feel of it, Really SRV style blues, especially the solo. Everything came out really well and your vocals came out nice and crisp. Great job, cant wait to hear the rest of the songs.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 10 2010, 06:32 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Apr 10 2010, 07:27 PM) *
This. is. just. plain. cool.

I love the feel of it, Really SRV style blues, especially the solo. Everything came out really well and your vocals came out nice and crisp. Great job, cant wait to hear the rest of the songs.

Thx. buddy! This kind of music always comes out better in a live performance, since it's very hard to program this stuff. (as You may heard before.....) tongue.gif

//Staffay

--------------------

Guitars: Ibanez AM-200, Ibanez GB-10, Fender Stratocaster Classic Player, Warmouth Custom Built, Suhr Classic Strat, Gibson Les Paul Standard 2003, Ibanez steel-string
Effects: BOSS DD-20, Danelectro Trans. Overdrive, TC-Electronics G-Major, Dunlop Wah-wah, Original SansAmp, BOSS DD-2

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 11 2010, 05:52 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
This sounds great to me! Maybe a drums are bit over powering but I really like the song! Vocals are very cool to! smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 11 2010, 06:30 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Apr 11 2010, 06:52 PM) *
This sounds great to me! Maybe a drums are bit over powering but I really like the song! Vocals are very cool to! smile.gif

Hmmm, maybe You're right here, but we didn't actually work on any arrangements since we just rehearsed one time before the recording. (we haven't really been playing together before) I guess the guy's got excited on this one, since it's a song where the bass & drums can groove. On the other hand I think it sounds pretty "live", which is a plus when trying to get some gigs.

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Apr 13 2010, 07:18 AM
GMC:er
Yeah man!! I like the groovy base!! Great song!

+Quote Post
Fran
Apr 14 2010, 03:57 PM
Learning Rock Star - Wiki Coordinator
Wow this sounds just awesome. Your tone in the solo is just amazing, and it sounds so good for a live performance, well played guys smile.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster, Ibanez RG2570MZ, Epiphone SG G-400
Amp:
Vox AC4TVH head + V112TV cab
Effects:
Vox Satchurator, Vox Time Machine, Dunlop CryBaby, Boss MT-2, Boss CE-5, Boss TU-2, Boss ME-70
Recording:
Line-6 POD X3 + FBV-Express, Pandora PX5D

GMC wants YOU to take part in our Guitar-Wikipedia!
Have a good time reading great articles and writing your own with us in our GUITAR WIKI!
Share your playing and get Pro-advice from our Instructors: Join REC

+Quote Post
Alexiaden93
Apr 14 2010, 07:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
WOW ! It truly sounds as if you've been recording and editing this for several days... Perfectly played... Awesome bass groove, nice and coarse vocals, sweet guitar solo... Your gig will ROCK biggrin.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel
Lost in all the 2000+ GMC lessons? Check my Lesson Plan

Guitars
Fender American Standard Stratocaster - Olympic White body, Maple fretboard, White Pearl pickguard, 21 frets, SSS
Yamaha Pacifica

Amplifier
Marshall 15CDR, 45 watts

Recording equipment/software
Line 6 POD Studio GX
Logitech QuickCam Pro 9000
Reaper v3.04
Sony Vegas Pro 8.0

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 14 2010, 09:21 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Fran @ Apr 14 2010, 04:57 PM) *
Wow this sounds just awesome. Your tone in the solo is just amazing, and it sounds so good for a live performance, well played guys smile.gif

Thx Fran! The tone is just my Suhr Strat + a Danelectro Transparent Overdrive direct into my Deluxe Clone. The volume is manged at the guitar. I'm very happy with these guy's, who are old friends of mine and has played with all the top-artists in my area as well as some major acts in Sweden. I really look forward to Our first gig!

//Staffay

QUOTE (Alexiaden93 @ Apr 14 2010, 08:40 PM) *
WOW ! It truly sounds as if you've been recording and editing this for several days... Perfectly played... Awesome bass groove, nice and coarse vocals, sweet guitar solo... Your gig will ROCK biggrin.gif

Thx. man! Nah, we actually did not. We played this song three times, and the other two three times each as well. All was done in 1 1/2 hour and then I spent som 4-5 hours on mixing... I think it will groove even more live, when we have played some more together, we just did one rehearsal and this recording up til now.

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Apr 14 2010, 09:21 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Yeah you are right! Recording has a great energy and live vibe so its perfect for promotional purpuses (getting gigs etc) smile.gif

QUOTE (Staffy @ Apr 11 2010, 07:30 PM) *
Hmmm, maybe You're right here, but we didn't actually work on any arrangements since we just rehearsed one time before the recording. (we haven't really been playing together before) I guess the guy's got excited on this one, since it's a song where the bass & drums can groove. On the other hand I think it sounds pretty "live", which is a plus when trying to get some gigs.

//Staffay

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Apr 19 2010, 01:56 PM
Instructor
Sounds great to me, as Bole said, drums could be a bit more quiet, but they sound good, I like the groove. Bass line is great, and guitar is excellent. Composition is great Staffy, it rocks smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Zsolt Galambos
Apr 19 2010, 02:13 PM
GMC Coordinator & Instructor
Love it! It's groovie, your voice is cool and the lead just kicks #&@! I personally think that the bass should be a bit louder, but that might be because of my speakers smile.gif

Overall, I really like it biggrin.gif

--------------------
Check out my Instructor Profile

Check out my Personal Board

+Quote Post
Staffy
Apr 19 2010, 03:12 PM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Apr 19 2010, 02:56 PM) *
Sounds great to me, as Bole said, drums could be a bit more quiet, but they sound good, I like the groove. Bass line is great, and guitar is excellent. Composition is great Staffy, it rocks smile.gif

Thx. Ivan!!!

//Staffay

QUOTE (Zsolt Galambos @ Apr 19 2010, 03:13 PM) *
Love it! It's groovie, your voice is cool and the lead just kicks #&@! I personally think that the bass should be a bit louder, but that might be because of my speakers smile.gif

Overall, I really like it biggrin.gif

Thx! smile.gif The bass is panned with the guitar, so maybe You're sitting closer to one of the speakers?

//Staffay

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:56 PM