> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

Nether's Guitar Journey, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2012, 06:30 PM
Instructor
Hi Nether!! Welcome to Gab's Army!

Please post here all the info that you shared in the Army's main thread. smile.gif

The principles of our Army are:

+ Improve your technique
+ Make music and solos
+ Have fun
+ Destroy the enemy (hahaha not realy just kidding... )

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Nether
Apr 8 2012, 06:47 PM
GMC:er
Here you have the demos, as you asked:

http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/everybreath

http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/stillgottheblues

Some of the groups i would like to emulate in the battlefield are:

Hard Rock: Led Zeppellin, Guns And Roses, Deep Purple, Foo Fighters...
Alternative / Grunge: Pixies, Nirvana, Pearl Jam...
Metal: Metallica, Rhandy Roads (playing like him has to be awesome!), Dark Tranquillity, Nightwish, Blind guardian, Dio....

My goals right now are improving my technique and my rhythm.

Theory that I now: Intervals, Scales (pentatonic, major, minor and blues), how to create chord progressions for the major and minor scales, and the chord progression of the 12 bar blues.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 8 2012, 06:56 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! In the second demo I noticed that you bending technique need to be worked. Your bends don't reach the correct pitch so you have to concentrate on that. That's why the first lesson that I would like to assign you it this one: John Frusciante Style. Besides this one, I would like to see you playing some rhythm guitar so this lesson could be a good choice: Pixies Lesson.

If you agree, we can go for these ones. Please post your progress and videos playing the lessons here. Then we can go for the REC program.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 8 2012, 07:08 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 8 2012, 05:56 PM) *
Hi mate! In the second demo I noticed that you bending technique need to be worked. Your bends don't reach the correct pitch so you have to concentrate on that. That's why the first lesson that I would like to assign you it this one: John Frusciante Style. Besides this one, I would like to see you playing some rhythm guitar so this lesson could be a good choice: Pixies Lesson.

If you agree, we can go for these ones. Please post your progress and videos playing the lessons here. Then we can go for the REC program.

Upps, i forgot to mention that this take is almost 1 year old and that's a thing a i've improved a lot. Anyway i'll follow your instructions as i'm far from perfect in that area and i really like Frusciante style wink.gif

Pixies and RHCP as first assignments... i've the feelling that i will enjoy this a lot laugh.gif

Thank you!

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 8 2012, 09:22 PM
My take of the Frusciante video lesson:

w/o backingtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/frusciante-solo

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 8 2012, 10:54 PM
I don't know what happened with the links tongue.gif
I hope this new ones works:

without backingtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/frusciante-solo-1

video:

Uhmmmm, looks like i'm still not seeing it, i'm not sure if it's just me... In any case, here you have the link to youtube:
Video

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2012, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! That's a good take! It just need some little improvements and you'll get a perfect take! I will give you some comments and please record a new take that could be also posted at the REC. The first phrases are not 100% tight with the rhythm. Your bending in general are a bit uncertain but most of them reach the correct pitch, excepting the one at 00:35. The phrase that goes from 00:33 to 00:36 has a different rhythm compared to the original. Besides that, there is a wrong note in the slide at 00:30. Your vibrato should be more consistent in the whole take. Finally be careful with your guitar tuning, it seems that it's a bit out of tune.

That's all! I hope that it helps! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 9 2012, 06:43 PM
Ok, i'll do as you say. I was aware of the slide mistake rolleyes.gif , but i didn't notice the rest of the things, i have to have more care.

I've been looking into the Pixies lesson and i've found it to be too difficult to me at 110bpm. 70bpm or 90bpm is a more reasonable target, however i can't download those backingtracks to record over them (it lets me play them though), do you know why?

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2012, 06:55 PM
Instructor
Those backing cannot be downloaded but you can ask for them so here you have it! wink.gif

Attached File  90.mp3 ( 1.71MB ) Number of downloads: 137

Attached File  70.mp3 ( 2.25MB ) Number of downloads: 140

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 14 2012, 11:14 AM
Hi Gabriel, i won't say it's been easy, but finally i've made a couple of decent takes off the Pixies lesson. At last i made two versions, one at 70 bpm and another at 110bpm.

70bpm:

70bpm w/o backingtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/pixies-style-70bpm-wo

110bpm:

110bpm w/o backingtrack:
http://soundcloud.com/jorge-fern-ndez/pixies-style-110bpm-wo

For some reason i don't see the videos that I embed into the post (i don't have any problem with videos uploaded by other users blink.gif ) . I don't know if others can see them, but just in case, here i share the links to youtube:

Pixies Style Lesson at 70bpm
Pixies Style Lesson at 110bpm

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 14 2012, 01:21 PM
I've also revisited the Frusciante lesson. I think I have improved my timing, but keep having problems with the bends and with the slide between the 5th and 10th fret (I can't get a smooth motion, I believe it's because I apply to much pressure to the string)

Frusciante second take:

Frusciante Style 2nd take

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 14 2012, 04:43 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! You have been working hard! Well done! smile.gif
The Pixies lesson sound good. The most important thing to fix on this one is your timing. In both takes (slower and normal tempo) your playing isn't 100% tight. I also think that you should make smoother the chord changes. There is a small silence when you change from one chord to the other. Try to make that silence shorter.
The Frusciante lesson is better regarding timing (you could adjust it by the way) and it's a good take. You only have to improve your bending technique because most of the bends don't reach the correct pitch.

Both takes are around 7/8 if I would grade them to the REC program, so you did good takes that with some little improvement would be flawless ones. Keep on the good job! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 18 2012, 09:34 PM
Hi Gabriel, I'm stuck with the two lessons so i would like to move on to something different. I've been looking into your lessons and I like them all laugh.gif . Sadly I can't do everything, so i have chosen the second part of the Frusciante Solo and the The Clash style lesson. What do you think?

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 20 2012, 04:10 PM
Hi Gabriel, could you give me the slower backingtracks of the The Clash lesson as you did with the Pixies?

Thanx

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 20 2012, 10:34 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nether @ Apr 18 2012, 05:34 PM) *
Hi Gabriel, I'm stuck with the two lessons so i would like to move on to something different. I've been looking into your lessons and I like them all laugh.gif . Sadly I can't do everything, so i have chosen the second part of the Frusciante Solo and the The Clash style lesson. What do you think?

I sounds good mate! Here you have the slower backings:

Attached File  100.mp3 ( 1.37MB ) Number of downloads: 134

Attached File  120.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 134

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 21 2012, 02:34 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 20 2012, 11:34 PM) *
I sounds good mate! Here you have the slower backings:

Attached File  100.mp3 ( 1.37MB ) Number of downloads: 134

Attached File  120.mp3 ( 1.13MB ) Number of downloads: 134

Great, thank you.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 21 2012, 08:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Nether @ Apr 20 2012, 10:34 PM) *
Great, thank you.

no problem! looking forward your takes! smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 25 2012, 12:45 PM
Here you have my first try with The Clash Style lesson at full speed:

The Clash Style Lesson 140bpm

I'm working on my rhythm doing some exercises, i feel like i've improved a little tongue.gif There's still a lot of work to do though.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 25 2012, 04:03 PM
Instructor
Wou man!! I'm so proud of you! This take is really good! Congrats friend! Your timing is very precise and everything sounds great. Being so demanding I will say that the only thing that you could improve here is to make the chord changes even smoother. There is a very short silence between every chord change, well, try to make it smaller.

Please post this one at the REC and let's start with another lesson. Do you have any ideas? or you want me to suggest some ones?

Keep on the great job! smile.gif smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Nether
Apr 25 2012, 05:56 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Apr 25 2012, 05:03 PM) *
Wou man!! I'm so proud of you! This take is really good! Congrats friend! Your timing is very precise and everything sounds great. Being so demanding I will say that the only thing that you could improve here is to make the chord changes even smoother. There is a very short silence between every chord change, well, try to make it smaller.

Please post this one at the REC and let's start with another lesson. Do you have any ideas? or you want me to suggest some ones?

Keep on the great job! smile.gif smile.gif

Thanks! I've a few ideas of what do next, I like your level 2 lessons and i think they are affordable to me (but all of them has their own challenges) so i'm going to do the Sex Pistols, Him and Ramones lessons in that order if you don't have another suggestion.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:17 PM