3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
I May Have To Leave Gmc
Kristofer Dahl
Dec 4 2007, 09:56 AM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 4 2007, 09:43 AM) *
Kris:

How did that happen? Did you keep pushing after you had warning signs and thus exacerbated what might have been a short term condition? Or did it all happen at once with full effect?

Exactly - I kept pushing and didn't undertand that what I felt were actually warning signs. Also I practiced very late in the night - I was so tired I couldn't keep my head up straight. This lead to further complications as I was resting my chin on the chest.

Still today I get tired in my left arm if I am not standing or sitting with a straight back and neck when playing...

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 4 2007, 09:59 AM
Lets go fishing!
Im very sorry to here about this Guitarman. As Gabriel suggested, I would use this time to study theory, maybe fretboard pitches also. Then when your all healed up you will have some great new skills !! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 4 2007, 10:00 AM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 3 2007, 07:13 PM) *
My doctor has informed me that i have thoracic outlet syndrome, where the muscles in my arm contract and cut off circulation, so i can no longer play guitar. the pain is incredible and i cannot do many things with my left arm. so i may have to cancel my membership.

I am not giving medical advice. And I respect the medical profession. BUT........

They don't know everything and often they don't want to admit their limitations.

I would investigate the nutritional aspect. I have twice four times had issues, and found a vitamin or nutrient that really did wonders, and this did not come from a physician's advice.

It might not help, but I would make sure you are getting good nutrition. Well balanced meals, 5 vegetables a day.

take a Multivitamin and extra B12. B12 is good for circulation. I was having some feelings of numbness in the balls of my feet. Went away with the B12.

You might do some research on internet on this condition to see what nutrients might help. Do not assume your doctor knows it all. He/she may, but most often I don't think that is the case.

Don't count on the grocery store stuff, it is not the same as from a quality vitamin store.

+Quote Post
Bondy
Dec 4 2007, 10:06 AM
Learning Roadie
Really sad to hear that hope it all heals quickly

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 4 2007, 10:30 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Dec 4 2007, 03:53 AM) *
Those are very bad news. sad.gif
You can use this tme to learn musical theory and harmony.

gabriel.-

I`m really sorry to hear that m8 sad.gif great idea from Gabriel and use the time to continue with your music, all the best for a swift recovery.

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 4 2007, 10:33 AM
Lets go fishing!
I hope you stay with us at GMC, and continue your studys - even if you cannot play your guitar for a while! smile.gif

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ben N
Dec 4 2007, 10:40 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 4 2007, 03:13 AM) *
My doctor has informed me that i have thoracic outlet syndrome, where the muscles in my arm contract and cut off circulation, so i can no longer play guitar. the pain is incredible and i cannot do many things with my left arm. so i may have to cancel my membership.

man sorry to hear that sad.gif hope you fill better soon and
get on the horse again... take care at your self and rest for a wile
and I wish that it will heal...
best regards
Ben N

--------------------

+Quote Post
Robin
Dec 4 2007, 08:10 PM
I am so very, very sorry to hear this. Be patient, I just hope you will recover a 100%.

+Quote Post
SDMF75
Dec 4 2007, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. Keep your head up and in the meantime put your head in the books and learn the theory side of things. Just keep busy with other stuff over the next 6 months and you'll be slinging that ax over your shoulder again in no time.

--------------------
Guitars - Schecter C1-FR Hellraiser Black Cherry
Ibanez Iceman w/ DiMarzio Super Distortion in the Bridge and DiMarzio Humbucker from Hell in the Neck
Xaviere XV-700 Cherry Sunburst (Les Paul copy)
Lyon Def Leppard Special Union Jack (to go under construction soon - 1st thing to be removed will be the Def Lep logo on the headstock and then off to change the pickups etc. - plays pretty well for a Target special)
Washburn KC-40 (in pieces and about to be re-painted)
Yamaha Classical Acoustic

Bass - Signed Gene Simmons Punisher Tobacco Sunburst #345 - Collector purposes only

Amp - Roland Cube 60, Roland MicroCube

Effects - Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah

Fat bottomed girls You make the rockin' world go round!!

+Quote Post
RobM
Dec 4 2007, 08:33 PM
QUOTE (Guitarman700 @ Dec 3 2007, 08:13 PM) *

I am sorry to hear that. I've been living with chronic pain since August 1991 when I suffered a back injury. It's not a fun thing to do nor is it easy to deal with, best advice I can give you is to find the best doctors possible for your disease/condition and don't take any "ONE" doctors word for anything. I've learned over the years in dealing with several (probably like 50+) doctors that they are human and like guitar players there are fair ones, good ones and great ones out there. Do yourself a favor and find yourself a great DR who can help you deal with your medical condition.

That and take each day one by one and deal with what is immediately in front of you. Don't dwell on what could be or what is coming down the road, just deal with today, today and then the rest will fall into place.

I'll be thinking of you and will add you to my prayers.

--------------------
You wish.

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 4 2007, 09:17 PM
Instructor
WOw, man, thats sad, but be strong. Your hand will heal and you`ll be back playing in no time. Just beleive in it. Keep us updated on you progress, or if you have some questions how to studdy theory more effectively.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Owen
Dec 4 2007, 09:24 PM
Woah, I hope this gets better for you sooner than expected man, It must be a real bummer. sad.gif

In the meantime you could learn theory like the others suggested, but if you really love guitar I wouldnt give up on it all together, just persevere with your dream until you can eventually start to play again smile.gif

Best wishes smile.gif

--------------------
Don't Panic.

+Quote Post
Rated Htr
Dec 4 2007, 09:32 PM
Experienced Rock Star
Terrible to hear that man..
Best wishes and don't give up till it's impossible to heal wink.gif

--------------------
Currently Practicing

Rhythm: Finnish Power Metal III: Nightwish
Legato: Ben's Land Of Legato
Alternate Picking: Alternate Picking Workout #5
Chords: Chord Melody Technique

+Quote Post
Resurrection
Dec 4 2007, 09:48 PM
Good luck with the recovery process. It sounds as though it will be a long and frustrating process, but please don't be tempted to get playing too soon and risk a relapse. As others have said, looking at theory and composition should keep your musical brain active while your body heals.

--------------------
If you think you can, you can. And if you think you can't, you're right.

+Quote Post
Davidian
Dec 4 2007, 09:52 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
I'm so sorry to hear that!
I really hope you heal quickly!
And I tottaly agree with what RobM said.
Good luck, m8!

--------------------
Music is supposed to break down walls, smash through barriers; and free your mind!

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 4 2007, 10:22 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I'm really sorry to hear that sad.gif I'm giving my best hopes that you will recover as soon as possible and continue playing...

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Unleash-The-Shre...
Dec 4 2007, 11:58 PM
That is very lame bro. I hope you get better and we see you back asap. I have seen or heard about a lot of guitarists who have injuries and return after a long healing period so just think positive, negative thinking will make you feel worse.

Best of luck on your recovery.

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 5 2007, 12:04 AM
Get to da Chopper!
I'm sorry for you man, i wish you a speedy recovery....

I would like to share with you a possibility of a even speedier recovery

http://www.emofree.com/

EFT is all about freeing up energy passages in the body- and has worked near miracles on some.

Check out the video and read how to do it for free in the site wink.gif

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 5 2007, 12:53 AM
Thats awful dude! Use the time wisely and be careful not to strain it again when you start playing again.

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Dec 5 2007, 12:56 AM
Get well soon and may I recommend Gabriel's idea as well as trying to write music on Guitar Pro without the guitar as it will improve you lots without being able to pick up a guitar you need to know the theory and have an idea of rhythms in your head.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:12 PM