New Guitar
Scoob
Apr 11 2007, 03:23 AM
GMC:er
I bought this online just because I liked the look of it. It was real cheap and I did not expect much.

I was surprised to say the least. The finish is pretty good. It could use some new pups and machine heads to make it that much better but I can't complain.

Scoob

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Scoob: Apr 11 2007, 03:25 AM

Attached image(s)
Attached Image Attached Image Attached Image

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 2)
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 11 2007, 02:10 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Scoob @ Apr 10 2007, 10:23 PM) *
I bought this online just because I liked the look of it. It was real cheap and I did not expect much.

I was surprised to say the least. The finish is pretty good. It could use some new pups and machine heads to make it that much better but I can't complain.

Scoob

Now that is a thing of beauty ... what make/model etc? I can't tell from the pics, is it a real semi-acoustic, or just styled that way?

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Apr 11 2007, 02:11 PM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Scoob
Apr 11 2007, 11:36 PM
GMC:er
That was the surprise. It is a Jay Turser. I figured it would be an asian knock off. "You get what you pay for" but it is pretty good. If you can't play good... At least try to look good.

It is a JT-134 Quilt top (Natural) Single cutaway semi hollow body.

I had it upgraded to the pearl/abalone inlays for $30 extra. (Great deal)

I just dropped it off to my local luthier as it was in major need of a setup.

He thinks that once done I will be happy. The Issues I mentioned are mainly setup.
I would like to update the pickups to some Seymore Duncan's at some point and maybe some better machine heads. I think I will take his advice and play for more that 1 day before I start changing things out. I used it for my last attempt at recording and it was not bad.

I was real happy as I got it for far under list from Ebay.
You can see them here http://store.musiclandcentral.net/newjaytujtsi.html
they have other colors as well.

I just liked the look of it. Finish is pretty good too. I picked up another JT-DLX turser for under $100 for my daughter and it was pretty good too. five way knob for coil split was in it as well. Good banger for the back yard or cottage for sure. If she sticks with it she can get a better one. Well when I am done.

I have been looking at Gibson, Godin and Hagstrom guitars and have slowed my search until the heat wears off at home.

I will see when I get this guitar back Friday how it plays. I also took my old Yamaha in for a tune up. It has a floyd rose bridge and it is not something I like to play with other than re stringing.

Thanks for the reply

Scoob

--------------------
GEAR
guitars: Yamaha SE 350, Yamaha FG-360, Jay Turser JT134 Natural Quilt Top, Dean Vendetta, Squire Telecaster (Project to modify to better guitar. New Pickups and electrical parts done).
amp: Peavey Rage 108
amp Marshall ATV20X - Just bought Mar. 2007
effects: KORG AX3G (Multi), EBOW, Danelectro Free Speech Talkbox. Old Flanger and Chorus
Interface: IK Multimedia STEALTH PLUG

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:55 AM