2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Orange Jam, .. inspired by wrk ;)
Tjchep
Jul 10 2009, 03:00 AM
GMC:er
I havent been playing as much as normal, so it's very sloppy, and my ear isnt as good as before. But I havent uploaded anything in a while, so tell me what you think.

Thanks guys.

tj

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
sted
Jul 10 2009, 08:53 AM
Learning Rock Star
Top playing mate, if thats sloppy i might as well jack in now!! laugh.gif Il oved your dynamics, they really bring out the style of the solo, great stuff mate!!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 10 2009, 11:17 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
laugh.gif .. i will do another take, inspired by TJ and will steal some of your chops !! Some really tasty playing, especially at the beginning.

Man, i love your sound .. you use a pod, right? Do you mind to upload your patch?
Did you used your BB preamp for this? I have heard this box on different videos and really like the sound.

Great TJ, each time i hear your takes reminds me to work on my vibrato !!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 10 2009, 11:26 AM
Learning Rock Star
Just great, tjchep. smile.gif I love your sound, vibrato and chops. Everything shows that you have good chances to become an awesome (even famous) musician, I think. I have nothing to complain about. It was interesting to listen to, there were slow parts where you used some strong notes and there were fast runs which were really clean. Well done, mate!

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Jul 10 2009, 11:46 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 10 2009, 12:17 PM) *
laugh.gif .. i will do another take, inspired by TJ and will steal some of your chops !! Some really tasty playing, especially at the beginning.

Man, i love your sound .. you use a pod, right? Do you mind to upload your patch?
Did you used your BB preamp for this? I have heard this box on different videos and really like the sound.

It's uploaded somewhere... Tchjep_metalrhythm2 or something.... Check the Important Gear pages, on the top of the Gear thread, and click the Line6 link. My experience was that it's also in the PU's, guitar and playing style, because I couldn't get Tchjep's sound, using the patch wink.gif

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jul 10 2009, 12:06 PM
Man, I am so jealous! You got some serious talent. Keep doing your thing, it's great biggrin.gif

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jul 10 2009, 02:27 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Excellent playing TJ.....I really gotta work on my phrasing. You and Andy and Jeff are light years ahead of me on that stuff...... sad.gif

Good job man!!!

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 10 2009, 02:50 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (kaznie_NL @ Jul 10 2009, 12:46 PM) *
It's uploaded somewhere... Tchjep_metalrhythm2 or something.... Check the Important Gear pages, on the top of the Gear thread, and click the Line6 link. My experience was that it's also in the PU's, guitar and playing style, because I couldn't get Tchjep's sound, using the patch wink.gif

Ah, Thanks Kaznie .. i remember to have seen it somewhere.
Yeah true, patches always sound a bit different with other gear and i'm afraid TJ's vibrato is not a default setting in his patch .. laugh.gif. I use a lot Marcus Lavendel's pod file, sounds completely different on my guitar, but it was a good starting point for adjustments.

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 10 2009, 05:05 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 10 2009, 02:50 PM) *
Ah, Thanks Kaznie .. i remember to have seen it somewhere.
Yeah true, patches always sound a bit different with other gear and i'm afraid TJ's vibrato is not a default setting in his patch .. laugh.gif. I use a lot Marcus Lavendel's pod file, sounds completely different on my guitar, but it was a good starting point for adjustments.

MY patch has changed quite a bit from that, I did use the BB preamp for a boost here over a clean patch.

Attached File  2BluesycleanishTimchepeleffwith.l6t ( 2.16K ) Number of downloads: 69

And here is my normal high gain lead patch.

Attached File  1Timchepelefflead.l6t ( 1.95K ) Number of downloads: 76

QUOTE (sted @ Jul 10 2009, 08:53 AM) *
Top playing mate, if thats sloppy i might as well jack in now!! laugh.gif Il oved your dynamics, they really bring out the style of the solo, great stuff mate!!

Thanks alot man! smile.gif

QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 10 2009, 11:17 AM) *

Haha, I wouldnt do that! Your playing would suffer!

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jul 10 2009, 11:26 AM) *
Just great, tjchep. smile.gif I love your sound, vibrato and chops. Everything shows that you have good chances to become an awesome (even famous) musician, I think. I have nothing to complain about. It was interesting to listen to, there were slow parts where you used some strong notes and there were fast runs which were really clean. Well done, mate!

I'm flattered man, you've been showing some HUGE improvement over the last year, and I have a feeling you are going to go a ways if you keep playing the way you do man smile.gif

QUOTE (SonofDestiny @ Jul 10 2009, 12:06 PM) *
Man, I am so jealous! You got some serious talent. Keep doing your thing, it's great biggrin.gif

Thanks smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jul 10 2009, 02:27 PM) *
Excellent playing TJ.....I really gotta work on my phrasing. You and Andy and Jeff are light years ahead of me on that stuff...... sad.gif

Good job man!!!

Thanks man, you gotta really listen to what's inside of you, leaving technique and stuff out of the picture and just play from the heart. I try and do that, and when I can.. I get some great results smile.gif

But really, you're phrasing is still pretty good man, and your legatooo is smmoooooth smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 10 2009, 05:10 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks for the patches TJ ..
I will test the BB preamp somewhere, .. i was hesitating by now. The store price is quite high here for this little orange box smile.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 10 2009, 05:22 PM
QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 10 2009, 05:10 PM) *
Thanks for the patches TJ ..
I will test the BB preamp somewhere, .. i was hesitating by now. The store price is quite high here for this little orange box smile.gif

Yeah, myn was a gift from a close friend. smile.gif

I really like it. But only if you can comfortably spend that money! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jul 10 2009, 05:25 PM
Instructor
Excellent playing man. This is pure talent. Well done

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jul 10 2009, 05:27 PM
Instructor
Very nice take TJ!

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jul 10 2009, 05:30 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 10 2009, 06:22 PM) *
... But only if you can comfortably spend that money! smile.gif

I will have a few busy weeks now, a little orange cookie might be motivating .. laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 10 2009, 05:58 PM
QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jul 10 2009, 05:25 PM) *
Excellent playing man. This is pure talent. Well done

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Jul 10 2009, 05:27 PM) *
Very nice take TJ!

Wow, thanks guys ;p

QUOTE (wrk @ Jul 10 2009, 05:30 PM) *
I will have a few busy weeks now, a little orange cookie might be motivating .. laugh.gif

smile.gif Check on ebay, there might be a few cheaper there

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jul 10 2009, 08:04 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Tjchep @ Jul 10 2009, 06:05 PM) *
I'm flattered man, you've been showing some HUGE improvement over the last year, and I have a feeling you are going to go a ways if you keep playing the way you do man smile.gif

I´m flattered as well. laugh.gif Thanks, that´s kind. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jul 12 2009, 04:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
Great playing, TJ. Where can I find this backing track?

On another note, I've seen a lot of improvement from you during the time I've "followed" your progress. Whereas I'm heading backwards, due to almost not playing at all, you are definately getting there and finding your own sound and phrasing.

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jul 12 2009, 11:00 PM
Instructor
Great tone TJ! You are very talented, keep rocking man! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Jul 15 2009, 04:52 PM
Late to comment but this made me sign in, Just really great playing.

I remember some of your older videos and its amazing how far you've come.

You should post your practice routine or something like that because whatever your doing is really working biggrin.gif

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jul 16 2009, 02:18 PM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Jul 15 2009, 04:52 PM) *
Late to comment but this made me sign in, Just really great playing.

I remember some of your older videos and its amazing how far you've come.

You should post your practice routine or something like that because whatever your doing is really working biggrin.gif

wink.gif

Not practicing is seeming to work. Kidding

I've never had a practice routine honestly - and don't believe in them really. Really what i'm saying is I don't think practicing should be exclusive to.. practicing, and I feel that if you are playing music for the right reasons then everything will fall into place. Make your music as much as you can, and after doing that for a while everything you need to make your music will fall into place.

tj

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Jul 16 2009, 02:19 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:21 PM