3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Metallica- Death Magnetic Boycott!, anyone with me?
Alex Lewis
Aug 23 2008, 06:48 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Ive had enough i really have after rewatching some kind of monster recently i realised that metalica have not done

ANYTHING woth listening to since about 1992.

St Anger has sold over 2 million copies and is by far THE worst metal album of the noughties in my opinion and i can't

believe that collectively everyone myself included ( i bought both st anger and the dvd myself! ) has let them get fat off

their old reputation, whilst other fantastic and worthy bands struggle to make ends meet.

I have already heard the majority of material from death magnetic on previews and once again i'm not that impressed,

yes it is probably the best thing they have done in 15 years however I cannot bear to part with anymore hard earned

cash on a band who have already been multi millionaires many times over and have in the past had the audacity to

moan about a few kids downloading their album ( no i don't agree with illegal downloads either but why did no other

band complain about the exposure it managed to give them except probably the most sucessful band in metal?).

I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this but personally I won't be buying this record.

Instead if you want to hear some still fantastic thrash metal bands try

Testament - formation of damnation

Death Angel- killing season

Anthrax- We have come for you all

Slayer- Christ illusion

Megadeth- United abominations

oh and dont forget

Exodus- Tempo of the damned

by the way i dont expect anyone to agree with me but it would be nice if somebody felt the same

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Aug 23 2008, 06:53 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
I'm not gonna boycott them if the album's good, we don't know yet wink.gif
I never bought St.anger or the Dvd, I just didn't like it..

But the albums listed at the end of your post are all awesome smile.gif

edit: typo!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by audiopaal: Aug 23 2008, 06:54 PM

+Quote Post
Fsgdjv
Aug 23 2008, 06:55 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Lewis @ Aug 23 2008, 07:48 PM) *
Ive had enough i really have after rewatching some kind of monster recently i realised that metalica have not done

ANYTHING woth listening to since about 1992.

St Anger has sold over 2 million copies and is by far THE worst metal album of the noughties in my opinion and i can't

believe that collectively everyone myself included ( i bought both st anger and the dvd myself! ) has let them get fat off

their old reputation, whilst other fantastic and worthy bands struggle to make ends meet.

I have already heard the majority of material from death magnetic on previews and once again i'm not that impressed,

yes it is probably the best thing they have done in 15 years however I cannot bear to part with anymore hard earned

cash on a band who have already been multi millionaires many times over and have in the past had the audacity to

moan about a few kids downloading their album ( no i don't agree with illegal downloads either but why did no other

band complain about the exposure it managed to give them except probably the most sucessful band in metal?).

I would love to hear everyones thoughts on this but personally I won't be buying this record.

Instead if you want to hear some still fantastic thrash metal bands try

Testament - formation of damnation

Death Angel- killing season

Anthrax- We have come for you all

Slayer- Christ illusion

Megadeth- United abominations

oh and dont forget

Exodus- Tempo of the damned

by the way i dont expect anyone to agree with me but it would be nice if somebody felt the same

TLDR

--------------------

+Quote Post
kyldeee
Aug 23 2008, 06:57 PM
Yeah, same here, I bought both the CD and the DVD, and MAN was I pissed mad.gif
I've also heard some of the stuff from the new album, and I don't like it any more
than St.Anger.... In my mind Metallica DIED
After the release of "Black" - album... But that's just my opinion, and there might be some
good stuff on the new album also smile.gif I don't know, but I don't think I'm still gonna buy it
tho I'm not boycottin' anything smile.gif

This post has been edited by kyldeee: Aug 23 2008, 07:00 PM

--------------------

Music really is a way to reach out and hold on to each other in a healthy way.
- Stevie Ray Vaughan

+Quote Post
Enucleation
Aug 23 2008, 07:52 PM
This is ridiculous. If you don't like the album then dont buy it. forming an organized boycott of a band really just doesn't say a lot for you.

It's not as if they are releasing songs every now and then for some extra cash, they are trying to write whaty they feel and enjoy it's one thing if the band puts together songs they don't care about to make some money but the fact that it's been 4 or so years since st anger would stand against that.

Edit: OK that wasn't exactly nice of me. I apologize.

This post has been edited by Enucleation: Aug 23 2008, 09:49 PM

--------------------
Gear
::Guitars::
ESP LTD AX-50 (Temporarily 'out of service')
ESP LTD KH-202
Jackson King V
Ibanez Xiphos (Main)
::Amp::
Line 6 Spider Valve
::Misc::
Pod Studio UX2/Pod Farm
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah
Ernie Ball Strings (11-48 for Standard D) (9-42 for Standard)
Any pick that works for me
::Wanted::
B.C. Rich Stealth
Xiphos 7 String
Too much....

+Quote Post
Matt23
Aug 23 2008, 07:59 PM
Accomplished Tone Master
Yeh i agree they became really bad after the black album but if thats what they want to write then let them they left 4 albums of good music behind.

+Quote Post
MickeM
Aug 23 2008, 10:16 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Why spend so much energy being negative? People are looking forward to this album. Just don't buy their stuff if you don't like it and be satisfied with that, calling for a boycott seem a bit excessive. dry.gif

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
Aug 23 2008, 10:34 PM
GMC Founder
QUOTE (MickeM @ Aug 23 2008, 11:16 PM) *
Why spend so much energy being negative? People are looking forward to this album. Just don't buy their stuff if you don't like it and be satisfied with that, calling for a boycott seem a bit excessive. dry.gif

I agree - canalayse the energy into non-stop practicing instead - you will benefit alot more from it! (eventually you will be able to proove your point and make even better albums than Metallica...hopefully!)

--------------------

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 23 2008, 10:47 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 23 2008, 11:34 PM) *
I agree - canalayse the energy into non-stop practicing instead - you will benefit alot more from it! (eventually you will be able to proove your point and make even better albums than Metallica...hopefully!)

Best tip so far! laugh.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
VinceG
Aug 23 2008, 10:51 PM
Well, I guess I'm with you to a point. I probably won't buy the album just because I have more bands/albums to worry about rather than hold on to every Metallica news. People have the right to care so be it. Don't whine just because people are still supporting them. Have you heard the new Cryptopsy record? Its terrible, and I really would hold to it as the most sell-out move in Metal history, plus its also worse than St. Anger.

This post has been edited by VinceG: Aug 23 2008, 10:56 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
SEANCD2005
Aug 23 2008, 11:13 PM
I for one have always liked there albums, st anger being my least favorite, but there stuff has alwas been good imo. Just because it hasnt always been like there early days doesnt mean its not good. ive heard some of the songs on death magnetic and im realy excited , sounds good so far , so no boycott hear

+Quote Post
erik
Aug 23 2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, I'm not that impressed either.. If Death Magnetic and St. Anger didn't have the Metallica logo on them, they wouldn't even have been released.. tongue.gif

I'm gonna download Death Magnetic when it comes out. If it's good, which I greatly doubt, I will buy the CD.

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 23 2008, 11:19 PM
I won't buy the CD, but I think a boycott would be too much. They are only doing what they love, does that offend you in any way?

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
swingline
Aug 23 2008, 11:25 PM
I just think they need to stop. They're like strait to DVD Disney movies, you know their trying but the product still sucks anyway.

--------------------
--------------------

The Gear:
Jackson Dinky 2M Snow White
Line 6 Spider III 75 watt
Line 6 FBV Express Foot Controller

+Quote Post
Gerardo Siere
Aug 24 2008, 12:23 AM
Instructor
I likeeverything from metallica except for he albums before from And justice for all, that must be I´m not a trash fan.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Aug 24 2008, 12:23 AM
QUOTE (swingline @ Aug 24 2008, 12:25 AM) *
I just think they need to stop. They're like strait to DVD Disney movies, you know their trying but the product still sucks anyway.

Haha, that's the best comparison I've heard in a while laugh.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

+Quote Post
Marcus Siepen
Aug 24 2008, 12:34 PM
Instructor (Blind Guardian)
many years ago I learned a lesson about cd's... just don't buy them without checking them out before. When St. Anger was released I checked out the album, I didn't like it at all, and therefor I didn't buy it, very simple. But why should I boykott the new one in case it is good? What is the sense in punishing a band for a bad album that they once released, when the new one is great? You should punish yourself if you spent money on a cd that you don't like, after all I am sure nobody put a gun to your head and forced you to buy it wink.gif
When death magnetic is released I will listen to it, if I think it is good, I will buy it, if I think it is bad I won't, end of story.

--------------------
Guitars: various Gibson Les Pauls / Gibson J 45
Amps: Mesa Boogie Tripple Rectifier / Triaxis / 2:90 Poweramp / Rectocabs
Effects: Rocktron Intellifex / Rocktron Xpression
Homepage: www.marcussiepen.com www.blind-guardian.com
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post
Nazgul
Aug 24 2008, 12:56 PM
I like all Metallica stuff, the older and the newer albums, and I think the new album is gonna be great, though Master Of Puppets is unbeatable. A boycott is just .... funny. rolleyes.gif Anyways, as a Metallica-Fan one should have all albums, even if they aren't that good.

This post has been edited by Nazgul: Aug 24 2008, 12:56 PM

--------------------
Chuck Norris rules!

+Quote Post
PanicProne
Aug 24 2008, 03:35 PM
QUOTE (Kristofer Dahl @ Aug 23 2008, 11:34 PM) *

Swedish: Haha. Pedagogen Kristofer Dahl har talat!
(Sorry couldn't come up with a good english translation of that).

I have to say. St anger isn't the best of albums. But I absolutely love the documentary and it made me appreciate the album a lot more from a creative point of view and as a musician. I have to say now, that I've never been one of those hardcore metallica fans. well, they have done some killer songs but I for example think reload is one of their best albums. and what they think themselves and most of their fans think about that.. well. we all know that story.

As far as a boycott. Eh. I'm vegetarian but still I don't boycott people who eat meat. I just don't eat it myself. and yes, I know. there are more militant veggie-people than me so maybe it wasn't such a good example. but the bottom line is. (Swedish: och här kommer pedagogiken in igen) that positive attitude always pays of more. It's scientifically proven that happy people live longer and that it's way more effective to praise someone when they do something right/good instead of yelling at them when they fail or do something wrong.

So..oh whatever. I guess I'll stop here before I get even more off topic.

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Aug 24 2008, 03:49 PM
Singing Instructor
i did not like ST anger,but thing I did not like was the production(that ugly snare smile.gif ),but there was some very good songs there.Problem is,people expect some kind of monster album from them,the best songs.and the best every thing.But,they are human as well,and I am shore that they are doing the best they can.Far to say,money is not problem for the,they are steal make money form the "Kill em all",so,I don't expect any thing.But if I like ti I will buy it,vice versa.

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 03:50 PM