Solo Rhythm
steve25
Jun 22 2008, 11:59 PM
GMC:er
Ok so my soloing sucks it has done for a while but it's getting better slowly. There's one thing that i really lack though and that is rhythm in my solos. Of course the backing track is the rhythm of the solo part but my solos always sound like i'm just passing over the top rather than actually being in the track if you know what i mean. I went for a lesson with a guitar teacher today which i haven't done in ages and he confirmed that my solo rhythm is bad.

He gave my a few excersises to do to help this but to be honest i feel confused. Because he can hear it straight away when i'm not properly with the track or as he puts it listening to the rhythm of it. Now the excersises are very simple, just playing 1 note at a time with the beat but after that, then what? I mean when i listen to all the complicated solos i think well that's not out of rhythm at all but obviously mine must be really bad but its hard for me to tell but i know it is wrong. So how can i improve on this, what excersises can i do etc? Cheers for any help

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nemanja Filipovi...
Jun 23 2008, 12:25 AM
Singing Instructor
I think(but wait for some of the guitar instructors to answer smile.gif ),that the metronome is the best way for getting your rhythm in order.Slow practice of solos and with metronome.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

Participate im my new Crazy Blues Collaboration

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jun 23 2008, 12:47 AM
Instructor
you need more practicing on rhythms .if you have a good rhythm you will feel your solo's going perfect with rhythm
so dont worry give more time to the rhythm practicing

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 23 2008, 02:20 PM
Instructor
More rhythm practicing leads to better soloing. Remember, doing a solo is not all about notes, it's about rhythm as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
buttmonk
Jun 23 2008, 05:24 PM
Are you talking about creating your own solos, improvising your own solos, or practicing someone else's? I guess this will make a difference to the answer....

--------------------

+Quote Post
steve25
Jun 23 2008, 06:24 PM
Yeah i guess more metronome and backing track practice? I didn't really understand i guess he meant like my 8th notes and triplets were off time or something. And i'm talking about improvising over a backing by the way

+Quote Post
jacmoe
Jun 23 2008, 06:43 PM
Then practice some scale runs using the metronome.
Play the scales up and down, and in patterns, using 8th notes, 16th notes, triplets and sixtuplets.
That should help you play the notes on the click. smile.gif

--------------------
QUOTE ("Steve Vai")
Start by playing something - a bend, a riff, a scale, a song - very slowly; if you make a mistake, start over; do this over and over, until you can play it flawlessly - and I do mean flawlessly - many times in a row. Next, gradually increase the tempo. Eventually you'll be flailing like a madman.

+Quote Post
Pablo Vazquez
Jun 24 2008, 09:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Jun 23 2008, 10:20 AM) *
More rhythm practicing leads to better soloing. Remember, doing a solo is not all about notes, it's about rhythm as well.

+1!!

--------------------
Check out my video lessons!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:52 PM