Birthday Comeing Up!... Need To Choose A Present, Please help mattacuk choose a new webcam
mattacuk
Jan 29 2008, 09:44 PM
Lets go fishing!
OK so my birthday is comeing up soon and I have decided a webcamera is what I want wink.gif I wish to use it for recording my guitarplaying, video confrencing on msn with all my gmc buddys etc. So it has to be a high quality camera! I currently have a Creative NX pro which to be fair is not a bad camera, but its pretty slow when it comes to recording fast fingers and its not amaizingly clear.

I was thinking something around the £50-£60 range (about $120 usd I think ). I really want to make sure I get the best I can as I dont want blurry recordings / latency when im online!

thanks for your help wink.gif biggrin.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 29 2008, 09:54 PM
Learning Roadie
Hmm gonna watch this carefully i want to buy a decent webcam to maybe we can bid on the same item on eBay again laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
www.minorglance.com
www.facebook.com/minorglance
www.facbook.com/majorlookband
www.twiter.com/minorglance

+Quote Post
Tjchep
Jan 29 2008, 10:01 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Jan 29 2008, 09:44 PM) *
currently have a Creative NX pro which to be fair is not a bad camera, but its pretty slow when it comes to recording fast fingers and its not amaizingly clear.

Well, you still will have problems with the fast fingers thing. Self explanitory there..

But really with my experiance with web cameras there was not a huge difference between one's i've used I dont think a new web cam will help with your fast finger problem because even at 30fps your fingers would probably still move faster. I'm not even sure if it will make it "amazingly clear".

But who knows. wink.gif

And happy birthday man!

This post has been edited by Tjchep: Jan 29 2008, 10:19 PM

--------------------
Check out my playing here - https://www.youtube.com/user/tjchep

+Quote Post
Hisham Al-Sanea
Jan 29 2008, 10:18 PM
Instructor
happy birthday mattecuk , as i see til now there is no special cam can follow the fast fingers or any thing fast the camera can focus and follow that . so as your fingers so closed to cam it will work good but not the best
have a nice day

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 29 2008, 11:25 PM
Lets go fishing!
thankyou for the replys and wishes friends. Its not till febuary but it will come soon im sure wink.gif

This one looks pretty good, I noticed a reveiwer said the quality was much better than the one I have now

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-960-00005...pd_sbs_ce_img_4

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 30 2008, 12:11 AM
Instructor
Happy Birthday man smile.gif

Try some of the Logitech Pro Series. I hear they are decent.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 12:24 AM
I agree and this one is awesome

http://www.ebuyer.com/product/134757

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 30 2008, 08:37 AM
Learning Roadie
Matt Check this on out a bit move expensive who iam kidding a lot mor expensive
Logitech Quickcam

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Jan 30 2008, 12:59 PM
QUOTE (Bondy @ Jan 30 2008, 07:37 AM) *
Matt Check this on out a bit move expensive who iam kidding a lot mor expensive
Logitech Quickcam

That's the exact same one that I suggested above but one I found is 13 pound cheaper tongue.gif

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Bondy
Jan 30 2008, 05:48 PM
Learning Roadie
Sorry confusion missed that one

--------------------
www.minorglance.com

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Jan 30 2008, 07:42 PM
Lets go fishing!
Thanks guys these cameras look great! It would be good to just have a clearer picture if nothing else - I know webcams have come along alot in recent years wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:41 PM