Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 13 2010, 09:50 PM
Instructor
Hey everybody, here you can post your takes for Blues collaboration! smile.gif

deadline is 25th December! smile.gif

Here's the main topic:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=37489

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gitarrero
Dec 25 2010, 10:00 PM
Accomplished Rock Star
Just made it in time!

Merry Christmas (can't say that often enough smile.gif )

Christian

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Check my band project with fellow GMCer VilleFIN
Facebook
Youtube
Soundcloud
Twitter
Instagram

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Dec 27 2010, 06:28 AM
GMC:er
Sorry for the lag, I posted on the sign up page!

Here is my take with the backing,
Attached File  ToddBluesWithBacking.mp3 ( 755.02K ) Number of downloads: 250

and without the backing.

Attached File  ToddBluesGuitarOnly.mp3 ( 755.02K ) Number of downloads: 240

Cool blues tune! Hope you like the take wink.gif

Todd

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 9 2011, 06:06 PM
Instructor
Thanks guys, the comments will be finished by the end of the month, I will notify you via PM! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Mar 2 2011, 03:05 PM
Instructor
Gitarrero:

Rhythm: Well played rhythm, with some thematic rhythmic figures that occur during the whole solo. You seem to hold the tempo well, and you have sense for shuffled rhythm too. What I would advise is to try to bend the rhythm feel a bit to create syncopation, this would add to the feel.
Phrasing: Very good use of pentatonic scale. You seem to know the positions nicely, as you move from one to another. What I would advise is to try to increase your lick vocabulary, learn blues scale (just add one note to the existing pentatonic scale), and most importantly - learn the strong notes of the chords. Try to land the phrases on strong notes, and it will sound awesome.
Technique: Well picked solo with a nice control. Some nice use of vibrato, but I would suggest even more, and more wider vibrato. What you would definitely benefit is to do bends, try to do them often, and it will sound awesome. Bends, bend-releases, and prebend-released notes sound very effective in blues.
Sound: Nice direct tone for the blues, a bit compressed, but good. I would advise lowering down the overdrive a bit in order to cut down the compression and get more dynamics out of those notes. The lower notes are a bit boomy, so try to lower down the bass just a bit.

Todd Simpson:

Rhythm: Great use of all kinds of note durations, with tasty syncopation added, very diverse and effective.
Phrasing: Great use of pentatonic scale throughout the solo, with some very interesting and cool patterns on it. Nice horizontal jumps too.
Technique: As always, excellent playing. Great technique in every aspect of the solo, full precise bends, aggressive vibratos, strong playing in general with some super fast passage using tapping or legato (not sure). Whatever it is, sounds very effective.
Sound: Modern tone with scooped mids, in your style, and it sounds good here as well because of good tone control.

Thanks a lot for participating guys, it was my pleasure to listen to your takes! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:39 AM