Weather Trapped
Bitey
Apr 11 2007, 06:10 PM
GMC:er
I might have to stay in school all night if the tempature drops because everything will turn into hard core ice and I DON'T HAVE A GUITAR AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else been trapped because of weather?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 11 2007, 07:17 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
No, I won't let weather beat me.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 11 2007, 09:13 PM
Huh, no offence but I dont get this thing about closing schools and roads etc. because of some weather.
I live in north norway and this winter there was ALOT of snow and it was also reaaaally cold for long periods of time. Also, last week it was REALLY heavy wind and ALOT of snow. Everything is 100% normal, no one really reacts on it.

Some guy I know in Newcastle was here when it was so snowy and cold, he said that in newcastle it was full panic when it was only half the weather we have here. Closing school, busses etc.
I mean, did I miss something? tongue.gif wth laugh.gif dont get it laugh.gif

And yes, sucks being without a guitar sad.gif

+Quote Post
MickeM
Apr 11 2007, 09:47 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 11 2007, 10:13 PM) *
Some guy I know in Newcastle was here when it was so snowy and cold, he said that in newcastle it was full panic when it was only half the weather we have here. Closing school, busses etc.

We had a visitor at work from Holland a few years ago, first time on swedish snowy roads on ha managed to spin the rental car around in a crossing and almost caused an accident. Not used to driving on ice he just drove as usual... and failed.. :-)

+Quote Post
browq
Apr 11 2007, 10:29 PM
LOL

yeah dutch people aren't used to slippery roads

i should know smile.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 11 2007, 11:13 PM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Apr 11 2007, 08:47 PM) *
We had a visitor at work from Holland a few years ago, first time on swedish snowy roads on ha managed to spin the rental car around in a crossing and almost caused an accident. Not used to driving on ice he just drove as usual... and failed.. :-)

Ahaha nice one tongue.gif

+Quote Post
rokchik
Apr 12 2007, 01:11 AM
The Dark Canuck
I live in Labrador where it can get to -40 which whatever way you measure Celcius of Farhenheit it's f---ing cold and that's before the wind hits. We get tonnes of snow and I'm with Robin on this one...it's gotta be pretty bad here for anything to close. We had 100cm of snow in 24 hrs last winter and the airport didn't even close. We had 35 cm this past Sunday and it's almost the middle of April(there is about 6 feet of snow here left to melt). But I have lived places where they shut down everything just for a couple of cm but I guess it's what your use to. I mean if south Florida got snow I'm sure it would be a mess. But us Canucks we are use to the snow. However it gets to 30+ Cel. here in the summer and the fishing is great....black flies suck though.

+Quote Post
kahall
Apr 12 2007, 03:24 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Bitey @ Apr 11 2007, 12:10 PM) *
I might have to stay in school all night if the tempature drops because everything will turn into hard core ice and I DON'T HAVE A GUITAR AHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyone else been trapped because of weather?

Yes! Just this past January. 10 days without electricity. Worst weather I have ever experienced.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81TVixi-Cxk

--------------------
Had a guitar hanging, just about waist high, and we are going to play these things until the day we die.

+Quote Post
Scott Gentzen
Apr 12 2007, 04:14 PM
QUOTE (Robin @ Apr 11 2007, 08:13 PM) *
Huh, no offence but I dont get this thing about closing schools and roads etc. because of some weather.

Happens somewhat frequently where I am (northern Virginia, USA). We don't usually get a huge amount of winter weather so the local DoT isn't really prepared (budget-wise) to handle a significant event (around here, that's more than a couple inches of snow or a light glaze of ice).

Schools close at the hint of coming bad weather. The government closes with a little bit more effort but not as much as you'd expect.

--------------------
Guitars: ESP Semi-Hollow Eclipse, 1984 Ibanez Roadstar RS440, Peavey T-60, Daisy Rock Rock Candy Custom
Amps: Peavey Transformer 112, Epiphone Valve Jr head with custom 2x12 cab
Pedals: Boss TU-2, Budda Bud-Wah, Chuck Collins Harmonic Percolator clone

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Apr 12 2007, 04:28 PM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (Scott Gentzen @ Apr 12 2007, 11:14 AM) *
Happens somewhat frequently where I am (northern Virginia, USA). We don't usually get a huge amount of winter weather so the local DoT isn't really prepared (budget-wise) to handle a significant event (around here, that's more than a couple inches of snow or a light glaze of ice).

Schools close at the hint of coming bad weather. The government closes with a little bit more effort but not as much as you'd expect.

Connecticut does ok - last year we got 12" over night and the roads were plowed clear before I got up the next morning - by contrast, in the UK, hysteria sets in after 1/2 an inch ...

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Robin
Apr 12 2007, 04:33 PM
QUOTE (Andrew Cockburn @ Apr 12 2007, 03:28 PM) *
in the UK, hysteria sets in after 1/2 an inch ...

Ahahahah ahhh excellent, hahaha! smile.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 10:42 PM