ElHombre
Mar 30 2012, 04:07 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hmm why cant I edit my mentor threads?
Have to post again:

http://soundcloud.com/erik93/newsound2

Here is another sound I got, which got more flow to it

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Mar 31 2012, 03:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 30 2012, 03:07 PM) *
Hmm why cant I edit my mentor threads?
Have to post again:

http://soundcloud.com/erik93/newsound2

Here is another sound I got, which got more flow to it

I like this sound much better! The idea about the key change is pretty good! And F# mixo should work great!
If you will decide to go back to the original key after the bridge you can do that:
G#m7 C#m7|F#7 Bmaj7|G#mi7|A7
This A7 will take you back to Bmi7
Let me know if you have any questions!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Mar 31 2012, 11:47 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okey I added and EQ and dropped the distortion level of the sound, well can record that aswell.
As you can here it need more drive! But not in a distoirtion kind if way, I mean I need to get more flow to the track.
I will change the guitarbacking and at some rythm palm muting between the chords.
I also have to get my tone louder and more flow.

But I was thinking of using A#dim over the out note (A#) when going over to the key of Bmajor.
How shall I make the change to make it sound as good as possible?

It goes like this I play over Bmi7, Emi7, then I hit the A# on the solo, what chord should I play over this A#? I was thinking of A#dim or something but can I go directly to G#m7 over this A#? How will that change be?

Emi7 > G#m7 ?

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Mar 31 2012, 11:56 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 1 2012, 06:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Mar 31 2012, 10:47 PM) *
Okey I added and EQ and dropped the distortion level of the sound, well can record that aswell.
As you can here it need more drive! But not in a distoirtion kind if way, I mean I need to get more flow to the track.
I will change the guitarbacking and at some rythm palm muting between the chords.
I also have to get my tone louder and more flow.

But I was thinking of using A#dim over the out note (A#) when going over to the key of Bmajor.
How shall I make the change to make it sound as good as possible?

It goes like this I play over Bmi7, Emi7, then I hit the A# on the solo, what chord should I play over this A#? I was thinking of A#dim or something but can I go directly to G#m7 over this A#? How will that change be?

Emi7 > G#m7 ?

Cool! I like your idea about thund maybe try overdrive instead of distortion?
If you will do Emi7-G#mi7 you will get a cool change
Like I-bV it is very common in blues so go for it!
If you will play A# over G#mi7 it will work if you do it octave higher it will give you nine sound and will be very jazzy I like this idea!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 3 2012, 04:50 PM
Learning Rock Star
I am glad you liked the track alex.
My Ibanez is going to be sent to the Ibanez distrubitor in my country and it will be checked and then it will have a setup so my guitar will be in perfect condition I think. So hopefully the whole song is completed in a few weeks.

Now I just got to connect all Ideas and make structure them.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 3 2012, 05:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 3 2012, 03:50 PM) *
I am glad you liked the track alex.
My Ibanez is going to be sent to the Ibanez distrubitor in my country and it will be checked and then it will have a setup so my guitar will be in perfect condition I think. So hopefully the whole song is completed in a few weeks.

Now I just got to connect all Ideas and make structure them.

Sounds really good! You did an amazing job!
Glad to hear about your Ibanez I hope they will fix it!
Looking forward to hear the whole track!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 4 2012, 07:11 PM
Learning Rock Star
here is an idea I have had a long time
http://soundcloud.com/erik93/newprojectsong

Should I make a song out of it?
hehe, my Ibanez didnt sound very good when the distortion kicked in but it still shows my idea!

This post has been edited by ElHombre: Apr 4 2012, 07:12 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 5 2012, 01:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 4 2012, 06:11 PM) *
here is an idea I have had a long time
http://soundcloud.com/erik93/newprojectsong

Should I make a song out of it?
hehe, my Ibanez didnt sound very good when the distortion kicked in but it still shows my idea!

I would say go for it!!!
What key is it in? I can help you with chord progression!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 5 2012, 09:39 AM
Learning Rock Star
D major all the way. Im thinking of doing some change, not like the one in my previous song but more like a pause and then a key change.

Thinking of open chords fingerpicked in the beginning then change to something heavier.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 6 2012, 07:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 5 2012, 08:39 AM) *
D major all the way. Im thinking of doing some change, not like the one in my previous song but more like a pause and then a key change.

Thinking of open chords fingerpicked in the beginning then change to something heavier.

You can try an old trick make a pause and then go half step up! It might sound very cool!
Open tuning is a great idea too!
Write me chords that you are using and I will help you with changes and voicings!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 6 2012, 06:02 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey alex, also your solo for my song, I would like to learn it, do you maybe remember the fast parts?
Since I got the guitar file without backing it will be easier to learn it and slow it down.

Yeah also that halfstep is in a song Im learning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPtOdElSNY...CpT7MYl6fdaxFqY

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 6 2012, 10:31 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 6 2012, 05:02 PM) *
Hey alex, also your solo for my song, I would like to learn it, do you maybe remember the fast parts?
Since I got the guitar file without backing it will be easier to learn it and slow it down.

Yeah also that halfstep is in a song Im learning: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIPtOdElSNY...CpT7MYl6fdaxFqY

Unfortunately I don't remember what I played smile.gif Sorry...
I like the song you are learning! Let me know how it goes or if you need any help!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 9 2012, 03:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Alex.
I am supposed to do a ZZ top arrangement on my graduation with a friend who is a blues/rock player.
But unfortuneatley I have not studied this style so much and while imporvising it doesnt sound really rock or blues when I play
Could you help me out?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 9 2012, 04:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 9 2012, 02:12 PM) *
Hey Alex.
I am supposed to do a ZZ top arrangement on my graduation with a friend who is a blues/rock player.
But unfortuneatley I have not studied this style so much and while imporvising it doesnt sound really rock or blues when I play
Could you help me out?

Sure! Please explain exactly what you need to do and I will help you out!
BTW Where are you graduating from?

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 9 2012, 08:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
We will do an arrangement on "tush" dressed in beards lol. There will be no vocals only a looped backing track where we will switch between soloing and playing rythm guitar.

I can take some insipration from the original solo but I need to expand my vocabulary a bit in the genre. Do you know some licks? both easy and advanced.

Im graduating from pre engineer school but I will probably go to a music production school afterwards instead of becoming and engineer.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 10 2012, 07:05 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 9 2012, 07:54 PM) *
We will do an arrangement on "tush" dressed in beards lol. There will be no vocals only a looped backing track where we will switch between soloing and playing rythm guitar.

I can take some insipration from the original solo but I need to expand my vocabulary a bit in the genre. Do you know some licks? both easy and advanced.

Im graduating from pre engineer school but I will probably go to a music production school afterwards instead of becoming and engineer.

Ok let me prepare some licks for you I will be done tomorrow morning!
Billy Gibbons is using a lot of harmonics in his playing he actually inspired Zakk Wylde so you can start working on those until tomorrow I will try to come up with some ZZ-top licks!

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 11 2012, 05:48 PM
Learning Rock Star
Okey thanks alex smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 12 2012, 05:18 PM
Instructor
So here is a few licks I came up with!
Make sure to use a lot of harmonics smile.gif
E |----------------------------|----------------------------|
B |----------------------------|----------------------------|
G |----------------------------|----------------------------|
D |--------------3--5--5L------|--5--3--5b----3-----5-------|
A |--5-------------------------|-----------------------5L---|
E |----------------------------|----------------------------|

----------------------------|----------------------------|
--5-----3-----3--3--5--5L---|--5-----5-----------5g-12---|
-----------5----------------|----------------------------|

----------------------------|----|--15b-----------------------|
----------------------------|----|-----------------13-13L-----|
--------10-12L12L---12b-----|----|----------------------------|
--10-12---------------------|----|----------------------------|
----------------------------|----|----------------------------|
----------------------------|----|----------------------------|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--13b---------------------13h---------10----------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------12-14----------12----------10h
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------|
-----------------------|
---------12------------|
-----------------------|
-----------------------|
-----------------------|

--12s7-----------5--------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------7s-5-----------3-----------5b----------------------

--------------------------|----------------|----|
3-------------------------|----------------|----|
3-------------------------|----------------|----|
------------5L------------|--5--5----------|----|

--------------------------10----------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------13----------------------------

------------13-------15----------------------------------------------------13---

-------------10----------------------------------10-----------------------------
-------------------------------13----------------10-----------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------12-------14--

----------------------------------------------------------------------|
--------------------12----------------------10------------------------|

--12----------10h12h10----12----------10----------------------------------------
--------12-------------12-------12----------12----------10----12----12L---12----
--------------------------------------------------12----------------------------

-----------------------|
-----------------------|
-----------------------|
------10---------------|
------------12s10------|
-----------------------|

--8--------10-------10h---11h---10h---8-----------------------------------8g----

--------------------------------------------------------------------|----|

----------------------------------------------------------------------------|
--------------------------------------------------------------------13------|
--------------------------------------------------------------14------------|

--------------------------------------13----------------------------------15----
--15----------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------13------------------------------------
------------------15----------------------------------------------15------------

----------------------13--------------------------------------------------------
----14----------------------------------14s------12----------------10-----------

-------------------------------------------------------------|----|-------|
-------------------------------------------------------------|----|--13b--|

--10-------13---------------------------------------------------------------|
--------------------12b------10-------12----------------10------------------|
-----------------------------------------------12-------------------10------|
--------------------------------------------------------------12------------|

--12s10h---------8--------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------10----------10L---------10-------------------------

-----------------------|----||

Guitar Pro
Attached File  ZZ_top_style_licks.gp5 ( 3.38K ) Number of downloads: 107

Let me know if you have any questions!
P.S. Also make sure to grow a beard smile.gif

+Quote Post
ElHombre
Apr 12 2012, 06:30 PM
Learning Rock Star
Haha thanks alex really ambitious, this will sure help me a lot !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 02:59 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (ElHombre @ Apr 12 2012, 05:30 PM) *
Haha thanks alex really ambitious, this will sure help me a lot !

I will prepare more stuff for you in a few days!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 06:21 AM