9 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Dieterle Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Apr 3 2012, 08:29 AM
Instructor
Hi Dieterle I am glad you have decided to join my mentoring program!
I have a few questions before we will start!
-What are your goals?
-What is your weakness?
-What is your strongest point?
-Your favorite guitar players?
I really appreciate you joining and I am looking forward to work with you!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 3 2012, 10:12 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Alex , great that you try to help me rolleyes.gif .

Ok now the answers to your questions ,

goal - to get more into feel my guitars and finally play what is inside me .

weakness - many wink.gif rhythm - mixing chords with melody , theory, playing with baking tracks or people (didn't do that before)

strongest point - i am serious to go my way - just playing around and experimenting with some pentatonic- enough time between my duty`s.

favorite guitar players - Hendrix Carlos Santana Malmwsteen David Gilmoure Mike Oldfield

there is a lot more of guitars i like ...

Ok
Dieter

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 5 2012, 01:00 AM
Instructor
Hi! We like same guitar players!!!
So I have created a few licks for you in style of Carlos Santana some are simple and some are a little complicated!
When you are practicing make sure you do it at a slow tempo and using a metronome!!!
E |--------12------------------------------------------|----|
B |--13-15----13---------------------------------------|----|
G |--------------14-12---------------------------------|----|
D |--------------------14-13-12h10----10-12L12L12L12---|----|
A |--------------------------------12------------------|----|
E |----------------------------------------------------|----|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--15----------------13----------------12h---------13h---------12----------13h---
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------12------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------12------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------14h---------12h---------10----------12h-----------

-------------------------------------------------------------------14-----------
----------------------14-------14-----------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------|----|----|----|
-----------------------14------------------------------------|----|----|----|

--10----------------10----------------10----13h10L--|--10---|
--------10----13----------10h---13------------------|-------|
----------------------------------------------------|-------|

--13h10h13h10---------------------------------------|-------|
--------------13h10h13h10---------------------------|-------|
--------------------------12h10h12h10---------------|-------|
--------------------------------------12----10L-----|--10---|

--------------------------5-----5-----------------------------------------------
--------------x-----7-----------------5--7-----------------7h----5--------------
-----------------------------------------------------7-----------------7h----5--

-----------------------|----|
---8h----5-------------|----|

--------------------------------------------------------------------------5-----
--------------------------------------------------------5--------5--------------
--------------------7b----7g----7g----5--------7b-------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------|
---8--------5-------------------------------------------------------|
---------------------8--------7--------5h---------------------------|

----------------------------|----|
--14----14g------------14---|----|

--------------------17----------------------------------------------------------
--19g---------------------------------17b---------------19----------------19g---

------------17------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------17----------------19----------------19g-----------

----17----------------------------------------------------17--------------------
----------------------17----------------19-------------------------19h------17--

----------------------------------------------------|
--------------17----------18----------17------------|
-----19---------------------------------------------|

--19-17-19-17-------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------19-17-------------------------------17----19----19~---------19g---
--------------------19-17-15s---------19----------------------------------------

--------------------||
--------------------||
--------------------||
------19------------||
--------------------||
--------------------||

Attached File  Santana_Style.gp5 ( 3.06K ) Number of downloads: 180

Let me know if you need any help!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 5 2012, 10:57 AM
Thank you Alex !

I start right now biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 6 2012, 07:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 5 2012, 09:57 AM) *
Thank you Alex !

I start right now biggrin.gif

Perfect! In a few days I will post a chord progression in style of Santana so you can practice those licks! Also we will start analyzing chords and notes he is using!
Just let me know when you will get comfortable with the licks I've posted!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 6 2012, 05:12 PM
Hi Alex ,
i have real fun with your exercise licks for me and i am getting into it - right now working with speed 80 - next view will be 100 rolleyes.gif a bit later the 120 huh.gif

at this time , i still sometimes , have to think in between, what gets me out of rhythm

actually i like to play them all together - lots of fun and a good feeling to me .

Have a good day !

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 6 2012, 05:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 6 2012, 04:12 PM) *
Hi Alex ,
i have real fun with your exercise licks for me and i am getting into it - right now working with speed 80 - next view will be 100 rolleyes.gif a bit later the 120 huh.gif

at this time , i still sometimes , have to think in between, what gets me out of rhythm

actually i like to play them all together - lots of fun and a good feeling to me .

Have a good day !

Great! I would suggest to take your time and really get them down at a slow speed! This way you have a full control over it!
I am glad to hear that you like it! smile.gif There is more to come!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 7 2012, 04:26 PM
Hi Alex ,
here a first try from the first lick speed 80

its my first garageband and i movie clip - i just got to know how it works together - to cut clips and things like that i will try out one day. every thing is new to me - my zoom g3 using garageband - i movie and all that mad.gif

Important is to me that i can show you my lesson stand and i wanna play guitar rolleyes.gif

i exercise with guitar pro each lick separate - to let it run non stop .

Ok Good Time i wish ya.

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 7 2012, 05:12 PM
Lick 2 Santana lesson

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 7 2012, 05:31 PM
Instructor
You did a very good job with videos! Looks good and you got it to work!
About licks: You did good learning them but I would suggest to spend more time practicing at a slow tempo even slower than 80 BPM
I want you to take control over your hands and slower you practicing better results you will get!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 7 2012, 05:44 PM
Hi Alex !

Yes i will slow down !

No that i know how it works with recording i can bring myself back to guitar studies tongue.gif

by the way you are a good psychologist too ! blink.gif

This post has been edited by Dieterle: Apr 7 2012, 05:46 PM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 7 2012, 09:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 7 2012, 04:44 PM) *
Hi Alex !

Yes i will slow down !

No that i know how it works with recording i can bring myself back to guitar studies tongue.gif

by the way you are a good psychologist too ! blink.gif

Thank you very much! I am looking forward to hear your next take!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 9 2012, 08:53 AM
Hi Alex ,

here all the licks together - i tried to play them in 80 i posted that you can see all of them together. smile.gif

I still exercise each of them in slower speed to recognize whats inside and i know it takes time..... mellow.gif

Anyway - have a nice day and greetings to your dog from mine wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 9 2012, 04:42 PM
Instructor
Hi! Nice take! I can see the big difference between licks you were practicing and licks you started learning not so long ago!

Licks 2,5,6 still need work! Try to practice them more and maybe break them on to short phrases?
The rest was much better and I can see your progress in only a couple of days! Very nice!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 11 2012, 03:48 PM
High Alex !

Could you do me a favor
and give me 2 or 3 chords to play with my licks !?
I still keep exercising them slow and fast but in between i like to play around and would be interesting with the right chords too.

Something Santana like i can built on that rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 11 2012, 04:45 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 11 2012, 02:48 PM) *
High Alex !

Could you do me a favor
and give me 2 or 3 chords to play with my licks !?
I still keep exercising them slow and fast but in between i like to play around and would be interesting with the right chords too.

Something Santana like i can built on that rolleyes.gif

Sounds good! Let me work on something today!

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 11 2012, 08:27 PM
here some short parts of my lick exercise wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 12 2012, 05:03 PM
Instructor
Sounds very good! Getting better and better every day!
I wanted to give you another exercise that will help you develop picking and timing at the same time!
You have to practice it at a very slow tempo! Slower is better ALWAYS USE METRONOME!
Here it is:
E ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|
B ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|
G ||o5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5----|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5----|
D ||o--------------------------|----------------------------------------|
A ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|
E ||---------------------------|----------------------------------------|

----------------------------|---------------------------------------|||
--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5----|--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--5--o|||
----------------------------|--------------------------------------o|||

-------------3--3----------|--------------3--3----------|
-------4--4--------4--4----|--------4--4--------4--4----|
o5--5----------------------|--5--5----------------------|
o--------------------------|----------------------------|
---------------------------|----------------------------|

--------------3--3----------|--------------3--3---------|||
--------4--4--------4--4----|--------4--4--------4--4---|||
--5--5----------------------|--5--5--------------------o|||
----------------------------|--------------------------o|||
----------------------------|---------------------------|||

-6--3----------------------|--6--3----------------------|
----------4--6--3----------|-----------4--6--3----------|
o------5-----------5--3----|--------5-----------5--3----|
o--------------------------|----------------------------|

--6--3----------------------|--6--3---------------------|||
-----------4--6--3----------|-----------4--6--3---------|||
--------5-----------5--3----|--------5-----------5--3--o|||
----------------------------|--------------------------o|||

-6--3--------------------6--3----------------------|
----------4--6--3-----------------4--6--3----------|
o------5-----------5--3--------5-----------5--3----|
o--------------------------------------------------|
---------------------------------------------------|

--6--3--------------6--3----------------|
--------4-----------------4-------------|
-----------5--4--3-----------5--4--3----|
----------------------------------------|

--6--3--------------------6--3----------------------|
-----------4--6--3-----------------4--6--3----------|
--------5-----------5--3--------5-----------5--3----|

--6--3--------------6--3---------------|||
--------4-----------------4------------|||
-----------5--4--3-----------5--4--3--o|||
--------------------------------------o|||
---------------------------------------|||
---------------------------------------|||

-6--4--3-------------------------------------------|
-------------------6--4--3-------------------------|
o---------7--5--3--------------------7--5--3-------|
o---------------------------6--5--3----------------|
----------------------------------------------6----|

--------6--5--3-----------------------------3--5----|
--5--3-----------------------------3--5--6----------|
-----------------6--4--3--3--4--6-------------------|

-----------------------4--6--8--3--4--6-------------|
--------------4--6--8--------------------3--4--6----|
-----3--5--7----------------------------------------|
--6-------------------------------------------------|

--6--4--3-------------------------------------------|
--------------------6--4--3-------------------------|
-----------7--5--3--------------------7--5--3-------|
-----------------------------6--5--3----------------|
-----------------------------------------------6----|

--------6--5--3-----------------------------3--5----|
--5--3-----------------------------3--5--6----------|
-----------------6--4--3--3--4--6-------------------|

-----------------------4--6--8--3--4--6------------|||
--------------4--6--8--------------------3--4--6---|||
-----3--5--7--------------------------------------o|||
--6-----------------------------------------------o|||
---------------------------------------------------|||
---------------------------------------------------|||

Guitar Pro
Attached File  Hands_workout.gp5 ( 4.5K ) Number of downloads: 162

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Apr 12 2012, 05:04 PM

+Quote Post
Dieterle
Apr 12 2012, 05:09 PM
Thank you Alex !

I am on the way to exercise it tongue.gif .

Wish you a Good Day !

Dieter

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Apr 13 2012, 02:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Dieterle @ Apr 12 2012, 04:09 PM) *
Thank you Alex !

I am on the way to exercise it tongue.gif .

Wish you a Good Day !

Dieter

Thank you very much! Let me know if you have any questions! Have a great day!

+Quote Post

9 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 12:11 PM