4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Jessej Guitar Mentoring
JesseJ
Jul 8 2012, 05:26 AM
GMC:er
Oh that is so awesome I will try this on my next turn ! I believe it is your turn next for the improvising .

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 9 2012, 06:08 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 8 2012, 04:26 AM) *
Oh that is so awesome I will try this on my next turn ! I believe it is your turn next for the improvising .

Hello! When I actually would like you to do another take using my advices I will be adding my take with new assignments to give you ideas! I am not gonna ask you to do million takes usually one extra take all what is needed to get the exercise right!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Alex Feather: Jul 10 2012, 05:55 PM

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 11 2012, 04:06 AM
So you want me to do another one ? Should I take the backing track that just has you soloing on it ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 11 2012, 04:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 11 2012, 03:06 AM) *
So you want me to do another one ? Should I take the backing track that just has you soloing on it ?

Yeah! If you can do another one would be great! Just continue after my take using my suggestions!
Please leave the rest of the track playing so I can add the next part also please make the track downloadable!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 11 2012, 04:12 PM
How do I make the track downloadable ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 11 2012, 05:35 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 11 2012, 03:12 PM) *
How do I make the track downloadable ?

When you are uploading it to soundcloud there will be an option if you can figure it out just upload it here!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 12 2012, 10:11 PM
Sorry this is a little off topic but when I found this out it hit me like a truck ! okay here is something I figured out about modes today. The shapes we worked on weren't actually modes of the G Major scale. The shapes we worked on was the G major Ionian mode. Which is also know as just plain old G major. But what I just figured out is I know these modes A Dorian mode, B Phrygian mode , C Lydian mode, D Mixolydian mode , E Aeolian mode, F# Locrian mode. Because the one thing these all have in common is the same notes. So If a song is in the key of D I can to play the D Mixolydian mode is the same thing as playing the G major scale, because D Mixolydian mode and the G major scale share the exact same scale shapes and notes !!!!!!!!! This means I already know every single mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I am in the key of G major and I want to play the Phrygian mode all I have to do is play D# Ionian and I have played the G Phrygian mode !! Do you see what this means ? As long as you know the Ionian mode ( Which is the same on all keys just has a different starting note ) You know every mode ! And seeing as you already taught me the 3 note per string way to play the Ionian mode I know the fastest way to play every mode !! This is ground breaking technology smile.gif I am so excited to have made this discovery !!!! I am going to post a thread in the forum about this epicness !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 13 2012, 12:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 12 2012, 09:11 PM) *
Sorry this is a little off topic but when I found this out it hit me like a truck ! okay here is something I figured out about modes today. The shapes we worked on weren't actually modes of the G Major scale. The shapes we worked on was the G major Ionian mode. Which is also know as just plain old G major. But what I just figured out is I know these modes A Dorian mode, B Phrygian mode , C Lydian mode, D Mixolydian mode , E Aeolian mode, F# Locrian mode. Because the one thing these all have in common is the same notes. So If a song is in the key of D I can to play the D Mixolydian mode is the same thing as playing the G major scale, because D Mixolydian mode and the G major scale share the exact same scale shapes and notes !!!!!!!!! This means I already know every single mode !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So if I am in the key of G major and I want to play the Phrygian mode all I have to do is play D# Ionian and I have played the G Phrygian mode !! Do you see what this means ? As long as you know the Ionian mode ( Which is the same on all keys just has a different starting note ) You know every mode ! And seeing as you already taught me the 3 note per string way to play the Ionian mode I know the fastest way to play every mode !! This is ground breaking technology smile.gif I am so excited to have made this discovery !!!! I am going to post a thread in the forum about this epicness !

You are absolutely correct! Not sure what you meant
So if I am in the key of G major and I want to play the Phrygian mode all I have to do is play D# Ionian and I have played the G Phrygian mode
there is no D# in G phrygian (if you meant Eb you have to call it that because D# doesn't make sense)
That was the whole point of the exercise I gave you! A few students tried it already but only you and Maharzan got the point! This way is the easiest and fastest if you want to learn modes and scales! Just your brain has to understand it! Good job!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 13 2012, 01:18 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 12 2012, 11:54 PM) *
You are absolutely correct! Not sure what you meant
there is no D# in G phrygian (if you meant Eb you have to call it that because D# doesn't make sense)
That was the whole point of the exercise I gave you! A few students tried it already but only you and Maharzan got the point! This way is the easiest and fastest if you want to learn modes and scales! Just your brain has to understand it! Good job!

Yes I do mean Eb flat ! I see your point there. It was just that the GMC scale generator uses sharps not flats so I was thinking in sharps.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 13 2012, 04:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 13 2012, 12:18 AM) *
Yes I do mean Eb flat ! I see your point there. It was just that the GMC scale generator uses sharps not flats so I was thinking in sharps.

You did a great job figuring it out!! Let me know how is the solo coming along and if you need any help or have questions!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 16 2012, 10:27 PM
Well I was thinking that maybe before I make another solo I should learn that lesson you put out with 15 blues licks and then make my solo using ideas from there and the Q&A technique. I was thinking I could learn a lick day and record it and post it here for you. Maybe some days I could even do 2 licks a day ! What do you think of my idea ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 17 2012, 05:57 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 16 2012, 09:27 PM) *
Well I was thinking that maybe before I make another solo I should learn that lesson you put out with 15 blues licks and then make my solo using ideas from there and the Q&A technique. I was thinking I could learn a lick day and record it and post it here for you. Maybe some days I could even do 2 licks a day ! What do you think of my idea ?

This is a great idea!!! I love it!
What you can do to make lick your own just start jamming with a backing track you can play anything you want but also use lick that you are trying to learn! This is the easiest and fastest way to make it your own!!! I would love to hear what you will come up with!!! Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 17 2012, 02:55 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 17 2012, 04:57 AM) *
This is a great idea!!! I love it!
What you can do to make lick your own just start jamming with a backing track you can play anything you want but also use lick that you are trying to learn! This is the easiest and fastest way to make it your own!!! I would love to hear what you will come up with!!! Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

I am a bit confused. To make a lick my own I just play my other improvising and throw the lick I learnt in there somewhere ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 17 2012, 07:09 PM
Okay here are the first 3 licks off the lesson
http://soundcloud.com/jessej-3/blues-licks-3of15

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 18 2012, 04:32 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 17 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Good job! I think if you will turn down distortion you will get more dynamic and will be able to develop a great touch! You have it already just need some polishing!
Also third lick sounded a little weird please check the notes!
Keep it up!
I also would like you to start using those licks in solos and jams! This way you will make them your own much faster!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 06:21 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 17 2012, 06:09 PM) *

Hi! I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you have any questions or need help with anything? Let me know!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 23 2012, 09:19 PM
Oh yah sorry for not responding for so long. I went back and fixed that third lick that you said to look at and learnt the 2 next ones. So now I know 5. 1/3 of the way there ! I will try to record them shortly.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 25 2012, 10:16 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 23 2012, 08:19 PM) *
Oh yah sorry for not responding for so long. I went back and fixed that third lick that you said to look at and learnt the 2 next ones. So now I know 5. 1/3 of the way there ! I will try to record them shortly.

Perfect! I am looking forward to hear your take! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Jul 29 2012, 02:52 PM
I am really sorry I have not put anything up yet. I have been very busy with work. Because I am in highschool I can only have a Casual job and I work kinda on and off but Lately I have been called in a lot. I will try to get one up soon .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 30 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 29 2012, 01:52 PM) *
I am really sorry I have not put anything up yet. I have been very busy with work. Because I am in highschool I can only have a Casual job and I work kinda on and off but Lately I have been called in a lot. I will try to get one up soon .

Take your time! Summer jobs are fun! smile.gif
Let me know when you are ready!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:45 AM