4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4  
Jessej Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Aug 8 2012, 08:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Jul 29 2012, 01:52 PM) *
I am really sorry I have not put anything up yet. I have been very busy with work. Because I am in highschool I can only have a Casual job and I work kinda on and off but Lately I have been called in a lot. I will try to get one up soon .

Hi I just wanted to check on you and see how the things are going? Do you have any questions or need help with anything? Let me know!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:11 AM
Instructor
Hello! How are you? Are you ready for a new challenge? Let me know!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Sep 28 2012, 11:46 PM
GMC:er
Hi alex

Sorry for the 3 month late reply sad.gif I feel terrible for leaving you hanging for so long. If you still want me as a student I can pick up where we left off.

--------------------
Never miss an opportunity to play

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 1 2012, 02:11 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Sep 28 2012, 10:46 PM) *
Hi alex

Sorry for the 3 month late reply sad.gif I feel terrible for leaving you hanging for so long. If you still want me as a student I can pick up where we left off.

Of course I am happy to have you back! smile.gif
I am excited to continue and looking forward to keep mentoring you!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Oct 2 2012, 03:22 PM
Part of my problem was I just had to many mentors and was getting swamped with things to practice till I couldn't keep up. So I am just going to go with one mentor for now smile.gif So what should I work on? Those licks we were working on earlier?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 3 2012, 05:07 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Oct 2 2012, 02:22 PM) *
Part of my problem was I just had to many mentors and was getting swamped with things to practice till I couldn't keep up. So I am just going to go with one mentor for now smile.gif So what should I work on? Those licks we were working on earlier?

I think it would be cool to start getting into improvisation? What are your favorite styles?

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Oct 14 2012, 09:41 PM
That's a tough question! Well I like pretty much all styles of music. But my favorite guitar player/ improviser is Mark Tremonti from alter bridge. The solo in Rise today is my favorite solo I have ever heard.

I put the link for the song up. The solo is at the very end.

http://youtu.be/ZYG3BPvFOgs

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 16 2012, 08:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Oct 14 2012, 08:41 PM) *
That's a tough question! Well I like pretty much all styles of music. But my favorite guitar player/ improviser is Mark Tremonti from alter bridge. The solo in Rise today is my favorite solo I have ever heard.

I put the link for the song up. The solo is at the very end.

http://youtu.be/ZYG3BPvFOgs

Unfortunately I can't teach you copyrighted material but I can explain you how this solo was done what scales he used and what shapes so we will get pretty close to learning it! smile.gif
What do you think?

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Oct 17 2012, 02:19 PM
That would be awesome! Like I mentioned it is my favorite solo so if I could learn the structure to it that would be amazing smile.gif Where do we start?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 17 2012, 09:12 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Oct 17 2012, 01:19 PM) *
That would be awesome! Like I mentioned it is my favorite solo so if I could learn the structure to it that would be amazing smile.gif Where do we start?

Give me a few days to transcribe it! I will let you know what's going on when I will sit with it for a little bit!

+Quote Post
JesseJ
Oct 18 2012, 08:23 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 17 2012, 08:12 PM) *
Give me a few days to transcribe it! I will let you know what's going on when I will sit with it for a little bit!

Sounds good. In the meantime I will keep running through those modes exercises you showed me .

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 19 2012, 07:50 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JesseJ @ Oct 18 2012, 07:23 PM) *
Sounds good. In the meantime I will keep running through those modes exercises you showed me .

Awesome it is a very good exercise you will see a lot of progress if you are consistent!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 31 2012, 08:09 AM
Instructor
Hi! So I think I am ready with the solo! smile.gif I transcribed it and it is not as complicated as it seems!
How the exercise is coming along? Are you ready to start working on the solo?
Let me know!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 30 2012, 03:32 AM
Instructor
Hi I just wanted to follow up I transcribed tho and ready to explain it part by part I will also create a similar backing track for you to jam over just let me know when you are ready!

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  « < 2 3 4
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:06 AM