3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >  
Jaxn4 Guitar Mentoring
JD_
Jul 3 2012, 12:05 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 3 2012, 03:17 PM) *
Great I am looking forward to hear your take!
My approach is very simple! smile.gif Take a lick you want to master, learn it, and start using it when you are jamming! Use it as much as you can, change it up if you want! You can noodle through the track but make sure to concentrate and use lick you are learning!
Do it for a couple of days and this lick will become your own!

That makes more sense than the way I have been doing it. :-)
I shall start doing this right away.

Here is my take

http://soundcloud.com/j_davis/alex-jax-jam

This was fun! It was a challenge at first, as your take is smooth, tasty, and professional, I had to come up with something that would suit it.
Looking forward to your feedback...

(I wish my Vibrato was alot more developed) dry.gif

Thanks cool.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by JaxN4: Jul 3 2012, 12:45 PM

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 3 2012, 03:51 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 3 2012, 11:05 AM) *
That makes more sense than the way I have been doing it. :-)
I shall start doing this right away.

Here is my take

http://soundcloud.com/j_davis/alex-jax-jam

This was fun! It was a challenge at first, as your take is smooth, tasty, and professional, I had to come up with something that would suit it.
Looking forward to your feedback...

(I wish my Vibrato was alot more developed) dry.gif

Thanks cool.gif

Let me prepare some exercises to help you with vibrato! Give me a few hours!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 4 2012, 10:25 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 4 2012, 12:21 AM) *

Thanks alot. cool.gif

Did you have any comments / suggestions from my take? smile.gif

Thanks

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 4 2012, 04:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 4 2012, 09:25 AM) *
Thanks alot. cool.gif

Did you have any comments / suggestions from my take? smile.gif

Thanks

I thought I did! smile.gif
Your take was amazing! I was very very impressed! Very nice sound and great playing! I actually have decided to switch the track and get into something more complicated with you! smile.gif
This one has chord changes!
C6, Am9, Dm9, G11, C, Am7, Bm7, D7, G6, G6, F#m7, B9, E, G7#5.
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/jazzy

Let's work on this chord progression If we will analyze the first three chords we will get this:
C6 - C - E - G - A
Ami9 - A - C - E - G - B
Dmi9 - D - F - A - C - E
You can play C major scale over it
or A minor, D minor, E minor pentatonics

I would like you to analyze the rest of the chords we are going diatonic only so no melodic or harmonic minor yet!
But we will be using this track for those as well!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 4 2012, 05:01 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 5 2012, 12:49 AM) *
I thought I did! smile.gif
Your take was amazing! I was very very impressed! Very nice sound and great playing! I actually have decided to switch the track and get into something more complicated with you! smile.gif

This one has chord changes!

Thanks alot! That's a great compliment coming from you. ohmy.gif
After your suggestion of reducing the amount of gain, I spent a fair bit of time on the tone setting on the AXE FX 2 until i found something that reacted well with the dynamics of the left and right hand....

The next task will be a good process for me as i have never sat back and broke down a backing track like this.

I'll start on this tomorrow and let you know how it goes,

Thanks cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 5 2012, 05:22 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 4 2012, 04:01 PM) *
Thanks alot! That's a great compliment coming from you. ohmy.gif
After your suggestion of reducing the amount of gain, I spent a fair bit of time on the tone setting on the AXE FX 2 until i found something that reacted well with the dynamics of the left and right hand....

The next task will be a good process for me as i have never sat back and broke down a backing track like this.

I'll start on this tomorrow and let you know how it goes,

Thanks cool.gif

I am glad you are learning new things! smile.gif
Makes me feel happy!
It is a very good idea to analyze tracks before you play over them and know the chord progressions and what you can play over those! It is also a very fun thing to do! I remember when I started doing it I was opening a "Real Book" and just analyzing standards! This system works very well! Eventually you will see yourself seeing a chord and playing over it without thinking!

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 7 2012, 12:24 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 4 2012, 12:21 AM) *

Hi Alex, Just wondering if you had this excercise available?

Thanks cool.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 8 2012, 01:10 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 7 2012, 11:24 AM) *
Hi Alex, Just wondering if you had this excercise available?

Thanks cool.gif

When I heard your take I thought your vibrato sounded great! That's why I didn't post the exercise! If you still want me to just let me know!

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 8 2012, 10:09 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 8 2012, 09:40 AM) *
When I heard your take I thought your vibrato sounded great! That's why I didn't post the exercise! If you still want me to just let me know!

HaHa... what a compliment cool.gif

That's great to hear. No need for specific excercise... I will work off your feedback from future recordings.

Thanks

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 9 2012, 06:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 8 2012, 09:09 AM) *
HaHa... what a compliment cool.gif

That's great to hear. No need for specific excercise... I will work off your feedback from future recordings.

Thanks

So how is it going with the assignment I gave you? The one with the chord changes?

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 10 2012, 07:42 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 10 2012, 02:32 AM) *
So how is it going with the assignment I gave you? The one with the chord changes?

Slowly. I have broken down the backing into 3 key changes at this stage.

But I am finding it difficult to match licks to the backing as it's a constantly changing chord progression. I'm all good with a blues or rock sort of backing, as it is usally in the same key, but this one has got me working on it alot.

Thanks

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 10 2012, 06:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 10 2012, 06:42 AM) *

But I am finding it difficult to match licks to the backing as it's a constantly changing chord progression. I'm all good with a blues or rock sort of backing, as it is usally in the same key, but this one has got me working on it alot.

Thanks

It's good! If it's challenging means you are learning something new!
The reason I gave you this chord progression is because you are sounding very good over Diatonic chord progressions and this challenge will change the way you usually analyze chord! It will challenge you in a new way! Let me know if you have any questions or need helP! s

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 14 2012, 06:27 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 10 2012, 06:42 AM) *

Thanks

Just wanted to check and see how is everything going? Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 15 2012, 01:52 AM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Jul 15 2012, 02:57 AM) *
Just wanted to check and see how is everything going? Let me know if you have any questions or need help!

Yea Alex I do need some help with this one.

I havit it in the Key of Amin, and changes to B min when the Bmin7 chorde comes in. I know there needs to be another change when F#m7 comes in.... but not sure what key.

I am ok with blues backing as it is only a few chords, but this one has me stuck a bit :-)

Thanks

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 17 2012, 01:09 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 15 2012, 12:52 AM) *

I havit it in the Key of Amin, and changes to B min when the Bmin7 chorde comes in. I know there needs to be another change when F#m7 comes in.... but not sure what key.

I am ok with blues backing as it is only a few chords, but this one has me stuck a bit :-)

Thanks

There are a few options:
F#m7, B9, E - F# dorian/ F#minor pentatonic/B major pentatonic/ E major pentatonic
G7#5 E harmonic minor

F#m7, B9 - F# dorian
E, G7#5 - E melodic minor

Let me know if it helps! smile.gif If not I will do more detailed explanation

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 21 2012, 05:31 AM
Instructor

Thanks

Hi! I wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? Do you have any questions or need help with anything let me know!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 23 2012, 06:23 PM
Instructor

Thanks

Hi! I just wanted to check and see how are you doing? Do you need help with anything? Let me know!

+Quote Post
JD_
Jul 24 2012, 11:01 AM
Learning Roadie
Hi Alex, thanks for the message. I am still working on this one, you will have my take by Friday. Thanks again Mate

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 25 2012, 06:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (JaxN4 @ Jul 24 2012, 10:01 AM) *
Hi Alex, thanks for the message. I am still working on this one, you will have my take by Friday. Thanks again Mate

Sounds good! Let me know if you have any questions or need help! smile.gif

+Quote Post
JD_
Aug 20 2012, 01:51 PM
Learning Roadie
Hi Alex.... No real progress here mate.... I cant click with the backing... I have a few melodies but nothing decent and it's been ages. ???? mellow.gif

--------------------
ESP E2 VIPER CAMO,
ENGL INFERNO 100w,
TWO NOTES CAPTOR X

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:10 AM