2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Blister Guitar Mentoring
Alex Feather
Jul 22 2012, 12:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ Jul 21 2012, 04:58 PM) *
Thanks Alex! I like this type of exercise. smile.gif It will take me a while to work up to that speed while I get used to the patterns. Btw...what is the bpm in the Soundcloud bt?

It is a very good exercise! BPM is 100
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! wink.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Blister
Jul 26 2012, 02:28 AM
Learning Apprentice Player
Hi Alex. I know you use this exercise in mentoring other students so I wanted to mention a concern on the D Mixolydian scale. I believe there is a typo in regards to the B string 12-13-15 (B-C-D) frets going up & then 15-14-12 (D-C#-B ) coming down.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Blister: Jul 26 2012, 02:29 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Jul 27 2012, 06:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ Jul 26 2012, 01:28 AM) *
Hi Alex. I know you use this exercise in mentoring other students so I wanted to mention a concern on the D Mixolydian scale. I believe there is a typo in regards to the B string 12-13-15 (B-C-D) frets going up & then 15-14-12 (D-C#-B ) coming down.

Thanks! You are absolutely correct! Good job! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 8 2012, 08:46 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ Jul 26 2012, 01:28 AM) *

I just wanted to follow up and see how are you doing? I have a new assignment ready for you! Let me know how are you doing with the exercise I gave you and I will post it right away!! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 27 2012, 08:16 AM
Instructor
Hi! How are you doing? I have a new assignment ready for you! Let me know and I will post it right away!

+Quote Post
Blister
Aug 27 2012, 01:30 PM
Hi Alex! Sorry, I didn't realize it had been so long. I still am practicing the exercises but last year I made a goal to get 4 REC takes done before the end of 2012. I finally made my 1st one yesterday, so now you can at least hear how I play. Now that I have learned the "art" of recording, maybe I can get these exercises recorded. One of my biggest problems is not slowing the tempo down enough while practicing. I know I am supposed to do it, but it's hard to make myself do it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Aug 31 2012, 02:43 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ Aug 27 2012, 12:30 PM) *
Hi Alex! Sorry, I didn't realize it had been so long. I still am practicing the exercises but last year I made a goal to get 4 REC takes done before the end of 2012. I finally made my 1st one yesterday, so now you can at least hear how I play. Now that I have learned the "art" of recording, maybe I can get these exercises recorded. One of my biggest problems is not slowing the tempo down enough while practicing. I know I am supposed to do it, but it's hard to make myself do it.

Awesome! You have a very nice goal!
I saw your first take and you did very well!
If you can record the exercise it will be perfect! You can play it at a slow tempo! It is actually a very good idea to practice slow and gradually add speed!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 24 2012, 01:29 AM
Instructor

Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if you are ready for a new challenge! Let me know!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 17 2012, 11:04 AM
Instructor

Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if you are ready for a new challenge? Let me know! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Blister
Nov 24 2012, 04:33 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Nov 17 2012, 05:04 AM) *
Hi I just wanted to follow up and see if you are ready for a new challenge? Let me know! wink.gif

Time has been my nemesis lately & will be for the next month (I'm in retail blink.gif ). I'm not quite ready for my next challenge. I am working on these exercises but not as much as I should. I will continue to give them more time. I am still working on Cosmin's lesson on Combining Arpeggios & Scales, though this will be a slow progress but one I wish to accomplish at some point. I have had to put my goal of 4 REC takes on hold since I really need to get my guitar properly set up. The intonation is dreadful & I tried it on my own, which helped, but really needs a professionals touch. I still hope to get a video of myself on one of your assigned lessons uploaded soon.

I am also working on your Electric Fingerstyle Lesson (this reminds me so much of a song from the 60's(?) but I can't figure it out. mad.gif ) as Jazz Fingerstyle is the direction I am most interested in. I am also working on Chord Progression Analysis. I just love the sound of it. smile.gif

Thanks so much for your support, help & of course, your mentorship (is that even a word? unsure.gif )!!!

This post has been edited by Blister: Nov 24 2012, 04:34 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 25 2012, 11:35 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Blister @ Nov 24 2012, 03:33 AM) *
Time has been my nemesis lately & will be for the next month (I'm in retail blink.gif ). I'm not quite ready for my next challenge. I am working on these exercises but not as much as I should. I will continue to give them more time. I am still working on Cosmin's lesson on Combining Arpeggios & Scales, though this will be a slow progress but one I wish to accomplish at some point. I have had to put my goal of 4 REC takes on hold since I really need to get my guitar properly set up. The intonation is dreadful & I tried it on my own, which helped, but really needs a professionals touch. I still hope to get a video of myself on one of your assigned lessons uploaded soon.

I am also working on your Electric Fingerstyle Lesson (this reminds me so much of a song from the 60's(?) but I can't figure it out. mad.gif ) as Jazz Fingerstyle is the direction I am most interested in. I am also working on Chord Progression Analysis. I just love the sound of it. smile.gif

Thanks so much for your support, help & of course, your mentorship (is that even a word? unsure.gif )!!!

Awesome man! I am glad you are doing well! Take your time! I understand it is the end of the year and it is crazy for everybody!
I am honored that you are doing Electric fingerstyle lesson and hope to see it in the REC section at some point! smile.gif
Let me know when you are ready for a new challenge or if you have any questions or need help with anything!

+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 08:02 AM