4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >  
Rlemes Guitar Mentoring
RLEMES
Sep 15 2012, 05:13 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Sep 15 2012, 03:17 PM) *
LOL! I like it! You did a very good job!
On this lick first bend was perfect the second one got a little out of pitch and also your timing was a little shaky on the second half! But you are getting there! Keep up a good work! smile.gif

It is so good to hear that from you, man. Really. Because I am really putting up a lot of effort on it, smile.gif

Oh, by the way, sorry to bother you again and that's ok if you don't have the time to address it now, but could you help me out with the two questions I made in the last post above?

Alex, that would nice.

Thanx in advance, bro.

Blessings.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 15 2012, 05:37 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Sep 15 2012, 04:13 PM) *
It is so good to hear that from you, man. Really. Because I am really putting up a lot of effort on it, smile.gif

Oh, by the way, sorry to bother you again and that's ok if you don't have the time to address it now, but could you help me out with the two questions I made in the last post above?

Alex, that would nice.

Thanx in advance, bro.

Blessings.

the first one is, how can I improve my chord changing technique? I still seem to sruggle with some changes, such as changing from G to C, or Dm to C or from Am open to F barre form, and so forth...

I have a perfect lesson that will help you with this issue! smile.gif
Check it out!:
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Chord-Picking-Etude/
The second question is, does all the bends you use in the 15 blues licks are full tone bends? I ask this because sometimes in the tablature it seems that sometimes there is no express mention of the type of band and sometimes there is only the letter indicating that the note is played with a bend.

It depends most of them full steps but some are half step
Let me know which once you are talking about and I will help you out! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Sep 18 2012, 03:40 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Sep 15 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Check it out!:

Ok, I'll check them up again and will let you know which ones I am talking about. Anyway, in the meantime, could you take a look at two videos I made of me playing some hammer ons and pull offs? I want you to visualize the problem I was teliing you about my pull off, that when I do it my finger touches the string below.... and also, I recorded one where I am doing some hammers and a few pull offs and the second one doing only hammers (which I was told that is the way Allan does it, which I am not sure is true).

Please tell me what you think. Show no mercy on me, lol lol.. biggrin.gif

looking forward to hear from you. I'll do the chord picking etude.

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Sep 21 2012, 03:37 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Sep 15 2012, 04:37 PM) *
Check it out!:

All right, the first bends I want to ask you are the ones in the second lick (step number 3). Are those full bends or 1/2 bends?

thanx a lot, Alex

Whenever you have a little time off could you give me a hand on those two videos I have sent you? No pressure here, ok? Sorry to be asking you to do that again, but I am not sure whether you have seen my last post or not.

Thanx in advance, bro.

R

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 21 2012, 10:20 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Sep 21 2012, 02:37 AM) *
All right, the first bends I want to ask you are the ones in the second lick (step number 3). Are those full bends or 1/2 bends?

thanx a lot, Alex

Whenever you have a little time off could you give me a hand on those two videos I have sent you? No pressure here, ok? Sorry to be asking you to do that again, but I am not sure whether you have seen my last post or not.

Thanx in advance, bro.

R

Hello! smile.gif
You are doing a very good job! And I can hear that you are getting better at the licks! Just sounds a little insecure and it will change with time! smile.gif
I did see your videos and actually have an idea I think what will help to speed up the process if I will record let's say 5 first licks at a very slow tempo and will create a long loop so you can play along? How does that sound?
P.S. those are full step bends!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Sep 22 2012, 03:05 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Sep 21 2012, 09:20 PM) *
Hello! smile.gif
You are doing a very good job! And I can hear that you are getting better at the licks! Just sounds a little insecure and it will change with time! smile.gif
I did see your videos and actually have an idea I think what will help to speed up the process if I will record let's say 5 first licks at a very slow tempo and will create a long loop so you can play along? How does that sound?
P.S. those are full step bends!

Thanx for the kind words, my friend. I appreciate that. When you say you would record the five first licks you are refering to your 15 blues licks, right? that would be awesome and I could practice and learn in bits of work, not the entire lesson at once, which would be so helpful, sure.

When you did whatch the videos you noticed something bad about those hammer and pull offs? Sometimes I get the impression that the pull offs are being poorly executed... Don't know if that's just me... Anyway, I remember you mentioning that you would prepare something about you preparing a task related to Allan Holdsworth's technique. Do you want me to finish the 15 blues licks first?

What do you want me to do?

Blessings

R

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 25 2012, 12:46 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Sep 22 2012, 02:05 AM) *
Thanx for the kind words, my friend. I appreciate that. When you say you would record the five first licks you are refering to your 15 blues licks, right? that would be awesome and I could practice and learn in bits of work, not the entire lesson at once, which would be so helpful, sure.

When you did whatch the videos you noticed something bad about those hammer and pull offs? Sometimes I get the impression that the pull offs are being poorly executed... Don't know if that's just me... Anyway, I remember you mentioning that you would prepare something about you preparing a task related to Allan Holdsworth's technique. Do you want me to finish the 15 blues licks first?

What do you want me to do?

Blessings

R

I would suggest to finish up the licks first I will prepare a Holdsworth assignment for you very soon as well but let;s concentrate on one thing at a time!
Give me a few hours and I will post 15 licks loops!
Your pull offs are fine it will take time to get them right and build strength in your hands! Just make sure to practice with a click and at a slow tempo and you will be fine!
To be honest I haven't really seen anything wrong with your playing mostly it is a lack of experience and it will change with time and more you are practicing better it will get!
timing issues and pulloffs will be fixed when you will be playing along with a slow track!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Sep 25 2012, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Sep 24 2012, 11:46 PM) *
I would suggest to finish up the licks first I will prepare a Holdsworth assignment for you very soon as well but let;s concentrate on one thing at a time!
Give me a few hours and I will post 15 licks loops!
Your pull offs are fine it will take time to get them right and build strength in your hands! Just make sure to practice with a click and at a slow tempo and you will be fine!
To be honest I haven't really seen anything wrong with your playing mostly it is a lack of experience and it will change with time and more you are practicing better it will get!
timing issues and pulloffs will be fixed when you will be playing along with a slow track!

Alright, Alex, you're the boss. biggrin.gif lol. I agree with you.

That's very good news. Looking forward two work on the loops.

One last thing: as you must remember me telling you about it, I broke a string while doing a bend practice and decided to change the whole set of stribgs, since they were getting old. But the gentleman from the store forgot to lower the tension of the strings (a few months ago I paid for someone to adjust and lower the strings for me so that it could be easier to play) and then the strings are much higher .ow and I am having a little trouble with bends and stuff. Do you think I should pay again for somebody to lower the strings for me or is it more benefitial in the long term for me if I try harder and get used with the strings as high as they are right now?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Sep 27 2012, 03:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Sep 25 2012, 02:26 AM) *
Alright, Alex, you're the boss. biggrin.gif lol. I agree with you.

That's very good news. Looking forward two work on the loops.

One last thing: as you must remember me telling you about it, I broke a string while doing a bend practice and decided to change the whole set of stribgs, since they were getting old. But the gentleman from the store forgot to lower the tension of the strings (a few months ago I paid for someone to adjust and lower the strings for me so that it could be easier to play) and then the strings are much higher .ow and I am having a little trouble with bends and stuff. Do you think I should pay again for somebody to lower the strings for me or is it more benefitial in the long term for me if I try harder and get used with the strings as high as they are right now?

I will post loops today! Bouncing them right now! smile.gif
About the strings tension they have redo it for you! I am not sure how long it is been but if a week or so they should fix it with no charge!
It is very important to have your guitar set up properly it will prevent injuries and will help your progress!
I think it is better to pay a little more and get a professional to do that! After they are done try it out before you leave the store! and if you are not satisfied ask them to fix the problem!
Let me know how it goes! wink.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 6 2012, 09:12 AM
Instructor
Hey!! So I have a new assignment ready for you!
I have created a loop of 15 blues licks lesson each lick repeats itself 10 times I would like you to start playing along everyday and you will see a lot of progress very fast! Just make sure you are in tune and sounding exactly as the main track! I also took the backing track off so you can pay a full attention to the lead part!
Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif
Attached File  15_blues_licks_loop.mp3 ( 25.88MB ) Number of downloads: 131

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Oct 7 2012, 06:42 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Sep 27 2012, 02:43 PM) *
I will post loops today! Bouncing them right now! smile.gif
About the strings tension they have redo it for you! I am not sure how long it is been but if a week or so they should fix it with no charge!
It is very important to have your guitar set up properly it will prevent injuries and will help your progress!
I think it is better to pay a little more and get a professional to do that! After they are done try it out before you leave the store! and if you are not satisfied ask them to fix the problem!
Let me know how it goes! wink.gif

cool Alex. that is amazing! thanx for the help. I have downloaded the file and I'll use it along with the tablature you posted on the lesson. Then, when I am finished, with a lof of hard work I think I can be able to play together with your original recording.. (hopefully)
I will study them, practice and will keep you posted, my friend

All the best

R

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 8 2012, 12:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Oct 7 2012, 05:42 AM) *
cool Alex. that is amazing! thanx for the help. I have downloaded the file and I'll use it along with the tablature you posted on the lesson. Then, when I am finished, with a lof of hard work I think I can be able to play together with your original recording.. (hopefully)
I will study them, practice and will keep you posted, my friend

All the best

R

That sounds great! I am glad you like it! smile.gif
And looking forward to hear you playing those licks!
Also if you are interested we can start getting into ear training a little bit more!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Oct 8 2012, 12:27 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 7 2012, 11:13 PM) *
Also if you are interested we can start getting into ear training a little bit more!

Great! I must confess that ear trainning is not my best, Alex, and if you could help me with that...
Well, actually I have to start trainning my ears, quite honestly... lol

Bring it on, my friend!

QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 7 2012, 11:13 PM) *

Oh, and one more thing:

I know a few pentatonic boxes and I know the theory behing the major scale, harmonization of the major scale, intervals, and so forth, as I have told you before. but, to be a good improviser, I need to know the pentatonic (both major and minor), arpeggios, triads, major scale (both the 5 positions system and the 7 position system, I think), natural minor, modes, altered minor scales (harmonic, melodic, any other?), (diminished scale too?)

My question is, and I know that is a lot to ask, but, could you give a help on making sense on how to learn all those things, the order for me to study them and a plan to do it? or is it not the time for me to focus on those?

Let me know what you think

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 9 2012, 06:15 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Oct 7 2012, 11:27 PM) *
Great! I must confess that ear trainning is not my best, Alex, and if you could help me with that...
Well, actually I have to start trainning my ears, quite honestly... lol

Bring it on, my friend!

Oh, and one more thing:

I know a few pentatonic boxes and I know the theory behing the major scale, harmonization of the major scale, intervals, and so forth, as I have told you before. but, to be a good improviser, I need to know the pentatonic (both major and minor), arpeggios, triads, major scale (both the 5 positions system and the 7 position system, I think), natural minor, modes, altered minor scales (harmonic, melodic, any other?), (diminished scale too?)

My question is, and I know that is a lot to ask, but, could you give a help on making sense on how to learn all those things, the order for me to study them and a plan to do it? or is it not the time for me to focus on those?

Let me know what you think

I will start posting ear training exercises let me prepare something and it will be up in a few hours! smile.gif

Yes you have to know all those things in order to improvise but you also don't want to learn everything at once just one step at a time!!! And you will get there! smile.gif
How about I will suggest you another lesson to work on while you are doing licks and than we will be adding one by one this way you will get a lot of progress and still won't be too confused!
Let me know!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Oct 9 2012, 07:47 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 9 2012, 05:15 PM) *
I will start posting ear training exercises let me prepare something and it will be up in a few hours! smile.gif

Yes you have to know all those things in order to improvise but you also don't want to learn everything at once just one step at a time!!! And you will get there! smile.gif
How about I will suggest you another lesson to work on while you are doing licks and than we will be adding one by one this way you will get a lot of progress and still won't be too confused!
Let me know!

Well, you could give me anothet lessons, because, as much as I enjoy practicing those licks you gave me, of course I know that my musical knowledge has to be extended if I want to be the guitar player I want to be...

Side note for you: I have a very very dear friend who is an amazing guitar player (sadly we don't live in the same city anymore) and I have told him about GMC and about you, and also have showed him some of your videos, alogn with the ones you played with Gambale and Howe. My friend is a extreme metal/rock/blues/fusion player, and he liked your songs and said good things about you. His name is Luis Maldonalle and there are some videos from him on youtube, if you're interested in watching, of course.

Ok, goinb back to the main topic here, cool.gif , it would be really nice if we could work together on more things. You can add whatever you want to my assignments

Can abuse of your generosity a little bit more? sorry for that, but, when you were studying and learning guitar in the beginning, how would you combine the main areas of study, Alex? I mean, how can I combine studying chords, with studying harmony, theory, scales and arpeggios? is there a correct order of some sorts?

Thanx again, my friend

Peace

R

Let me

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 11 2012, 06:29 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Oct 9 2012, 06:47 PM) *
Well, you could give me anothet lessons, because, as much as I enjoy practicing those licks you gave me, of course I know that my musical knowledge has to be extended if I want to be the guitar player I want to be...

Side note for you: I have a very very dear friend who is an amazing guitar player (sadly we don't live in the same city anymore) and I have told him about GMC and about you, and also have showed him some of your videos, alogn with the ones you played with Gambale and Howe. My friend is a extreme metal/rock/blues/fusion player, and he liked your songs and said good things about you. His name is Luis Maldonalle and there are some videos from him on youtube, if you're interested in watching, of course.

Ok, goinb back to the main topic here, cool.gif , it would be really nice if we could work together on more things. You can add whatever you want to my assignments

Can abuse of your generosity a little bit more? sorry for that, but, when you were studying and learning guitar in the beginning, how would you combine the main areas of study, Alex? I mean, how can I combine studying chords, with studying harmony, theory, scales and arpeggios? is there a correct order of some sorts?

Thanx again, my friend

Peace

R

Let me

I have a new assignment for you! I think it will be really nice if you will learn this chord picking etude it is beginner friendly and you will have a lot of fun playing it!

I will also suggest to post it to REC thread when we will work on it for a little bit!

About studying it takes time and everything will come with practice! smile.gif You will get better everyday! I will be adding new assignments that I think will fit your needs we have a lot of cool lessons on GMC! smile.gif
You are in good hands and I will make sure that you are getting the best treatment possible! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 19 2012, 08:09 AM
Instructor
Hi I just wanted to check and see how are you doing?
I was looking into Allan Holdsworth assignment and here is my idea! After you will finish picking etude lesson I will suggest you a few lessons from GMC you can work on plus will prepare a backing track and licks in his style so you can work on that as well! How does it sound?
Let me know!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Oct 19 2012, 09:04 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 19 2012, 07:09 AM) *
Hi I just wanted to check and see how are you doing?
I was looking into Allan Holdsworth assignment and here is my idea! After you will finish picking etude lesson I will suggest you a few lessons from GMC you can work on plus will prepare a backing track and licks in his style so you can work on that as well! How does it sound?
Let me know!

Well, that would be great Alex. thank you. I really need to improve my pull offs.. when I do them from the second string down to the sixth, sometimes my finger still touches the sting just below (below on placement, not on pitch), and it produces a little buzz... And Allan is amazing. I have a natural curiosity for learning new things and developing myself, so, that would be awesome

Hey, and what about the ear training? Should we skip it for now or do I have to work on that at the same time, in parallalel to the other things? I am asking this because you told me that you would give an assignment to work on ear training, but, if you think I need to put it on the shelf for now, you the boss, Alex.

I am working on the blues licks and in the scales workout.. it is an amazing workout program, Alex, thanx again for what you did. I appreciate that a lot.

Do you want me to record the chord picking and post it on the REC session? The REC is the place in which everyone get to give me feedabck, right? I think I can overcome a litte shyness and post the vid for everyone to see, if you want me too...
wink.gif

Ok, let me know what you think

Finally have the money to take the guitar for a luthier... the sad part now is having to take it and having to spend some days without the guitar and without playing... that is bad, my friend... but, eventually I'll have to take it to repair, the string buzzing is terrible and the last guy to whom I took the guitar seemed to have done a poor job fixing it..

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 22 2012, 04:38 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (RLEMES @ Oct 19 2012, 08:04 AM) *
Well, that would be great Alex. thank you. I really need to improve my pull offs.. when I do them from the second string down to the sixth, sometimes my finger still touches the sting just below (below on placement, not on pitch), and it produces a little buzz... And Allan is amazing. I have a natural curiosity for learning new things and developing myself, so, that would be awesome

Hey, and what about the ear training? Should we skip it for now or do I have to work on that at the same time, in parallalel to the other things? I am asking this because you told me that you would give an assignment to work on ear training, but, if you think I need to put it on the shelf for now, you the boss, Alex.

I am working on the blues licks and in the scales workout.. it is an amazing workout program, Alex, thanx again for what you did. I appreciate that a lot.

Do you want me to record the chord picking and post it on the REC session? The REC is the place in which everyone get to give me feedabck, right? I think I can overcome a litte shyness and post the vid for everyone to see, if you want me too...
wink.gif

Ok, let me know what you think

Finally have the money to take the guitar for a luthier... the sad part now is having to take it and having to spend some days without the guitar and without playing... that is bad, my friend... but, eventually I'll have to take it to repair, the string buzzing is terrible and the last guy to whom I took the guitar seemed to have done a poor job fixing it..

Hi! It's cool that you are working on those exercises and enjoying it! smile.gif
I am very glad! About the etude if you can post it here before the REC I want you to get the highest rating possible so I would like to maybe give you some advices before submission smile.gif
We will continue doing ear training let's just do one step at a time! I don't want to confuse you and get confused myself! smile.gif
I am sorry to hear that the repair guy didn't do a good job! Juke sure to sit down and play for a little while before you take it back and even than they have to fix any issues I think within a month!

+Quote Post
RLEMES
Oct 31 2012, 02:42 AM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 22 2012, 01:38 PM) *
Hi! It's cool that you are working on those exercises and enjoying it! smile.gif
I am very glad! About the etude if you can post it here before the REC I want you to get the highest rating possible so I would like to maybe give you some advices before submission smile.gif
We will continue doing ear training let's just do one step at a time! I don't want to confuse you and get confused myself! smile.gif
I am sorry to hear that the repair guy didn't do a good job! Juke sure to sit down and play for a little while before you take it back and even than they have to fix any issues I think within a month!

Hey, Alex the great!

I'd like you to know that thanx to you and to Cosmin I am starting to see some progress. It is slowly happening and the progress is little but, as I said do Cosmin, it is fun to be growing. Anyway. I am working on the licks and also on your workout program (which you already know since you are following my progress over there, right? cool.gif ) and it is so much fun to do it, Alex.
Anyway, I did a little video of myself last sunday playing some things just for fun, just playing with no thoughts on doing things right or being precise, so that I could show my current level to Gabe (he asked me if he could give me some advice and tips and I said why not. the more the merrier, right? and he is also a great guy and happens to be my neighbor, me being from Brazil and him from Argentina)

so, anyway, it is not your video yet but it is something else so that you guys can see and know that I am taking my guitar playing studying very serious and I am in fact studying those things that you are giving me to work on and that you are not losing your time mentoring me.

I posted the video at Gabe's forum, but here is the link:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=46430

have a great week, Alex, and wait to hear more from me in the near future... wink.gif

+Quote Post

4 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 11:31 AM