3 Pages V  < 1 2 3  
Wollace03 Theory Mentoring
Alex Feather
Oct 4 2012, 08:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 3 2012, 08:16 PM) *
I was in Thessaloniki and returned ill cause of the aircondition in the hotel..outside temperature was 35 degrees!

So right now I am not able to play the guitar and practice but I hope that I will be up again tomorrow..

what amp do you use when you play live? do you go directly in to the PA with your axe II

I heard the axe ii is abslutely fantastic...but very expensive.. is that right?

hope to upload my first 15 licks solo soon...

It is all good take your time! smile.gif And stay cool!
Live I am using Fender and Ugly 18 Fractal is only for recording
It is gonna work great but with my traveling everything is getting messed up very fast so I am too scared to brake it!
Looking forward to hear your solo! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 5 2012, 09:26 PM
GMC:er
hi!
I was just tryoing out your licks but I cannot open the guitar pro file...without the puitar pro file it is very hard to learn the licks cause the written tabs don´t show the length of the notes....
it would also help if there is a recorded version of the licks then I can hear how they sound...

thanx in advance..

by the way..great backing track!

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 8 2012, 12:08 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 5 2012, 08:26 PM) *
hi!
I was just tryoing out your licks but I cannot open the guitar pro file...without the puitar pro file it is very hard to learn the licks cause the written tabs don´t show the length of the notes....
it would also help if there is a recorded version of the licks then I can hear how they sound...

thanx in advance..

by the way..great backing track!

Try this file and let me know if it works! wink.gif
Attached File  15_Fusion_Licks.gp5 ( 5.08K ) Number of downloads: 129

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 8 2012, 06:58 AM
great thanx!!
now it works!

will start on it tonight!

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 9 2012, 06:17 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 8 2012, 05:58 AM) *
great thanx!!
now it works!

will start on it tonight!

Awesome! Let me know if you have any questions or need help with anything! smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 13 2012, 10:43 PM
hi!

I worked on your licks...there are some pretty cool licks there..

here is my first take.. I am not so proud of the beginning and I think it gets better after the first 30 sec. or so.

Attached File  ii_v_i_jam_take1.mp3 ( 3.46MB ) Number of downloads: 151

it was not so easy cause this is not the kind of music I am used to but I like jamming overthis track very much...

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 14 2012, 05:30 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 13 2012, 09:43 PM) *
hi!

I worked on your licks...there are some pretty cool licks there..

here is my first take.. I am not so proud of the beginning and I think it gets better after the first 30 sec. or so.

Attached File  ii_v_i_jam_take1.mp3 ( 3.46MB ) Number of downloads: 151

it was not so easy cause this is not the kind of music I am used to but I like jamming overthis track very much...

Sounds beautiful! Some licks were a little bit off but the whole idea is great! I would suggest using Q&A technique at the start this way your solo will build up nice and smooth! I like what you did already just a few tweaks and it will be perfect! smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 16 2012, 04:35 PM
here is another take... its really cool jamming over this track..

Attached File  i_iv_ii_take_2.mp3 ( 1.85MB ) Number of downloads: 131

one question:

the progression is in Eminor... and you just put in some cromtic notes when you created the licks?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 18 2012, 06:52 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 16 2012, 03:35 PM) *
here is another take... its really cool jamming over this track..

Attached File  i_iv_ii_take_2.mp3 ( 1.85MB ) Number of downloads: 131

one question:

the progression is in Eminor... and you just put in some cromtic notes when you created the licks?

The chromatic trick is very simple all you have to do is fill out the gaps in between with passing tones as long as you are resolving into a chord tone it will sound good! I would suggest to play a little less in the beginning and try to develop your solo also I was missing dynamic in the beginning! This simple tricks will really help you develop a very solid solo!
I like your playing a lot just some polishing and you will do great! smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 21 2012, 03:10 PM
so..here´s another take...
i have very limited time to practice right now but I really try to find at least one hour every second day...

but I really tried to bring in some q&a and some dynamics...not sure if that worked...

Attached File  i_iv_ii_take_3.mp3 ( 1.88MB ) Number of downloads: 131

and you just told us (in the chat) about the tonal soloing system which I am really interested in...

This post has been edited by wollace03: Oct 21 2012, 03:39 PM

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 22 2012, 04:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 21 2012, 02:10 PM) *
so..here´s another take...
i have very limited time to practice right now but I really try to find at least one hour every second day...

but I really tried to bring in some q&a and some dynamics...not sure if that worked...

Attached File  i_iv_ii_take_3.mp3 ( 1.88MB ) Number of downloads: 131

and you just told us (in the chat) about the tonal soloing system which I am really interested in...

It sounds very good! You did an amazing job! I will prepare a chord tones assignment give me a few hours!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 28 2012, 05:04 PM
Great!

So do you have an idea what my next assignement will be?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Oct 31 2012, 08:39 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 28 2012, 04:04 PM) *
Great!

So do you have an idea what my next assignement will be?

I have prepared a very cool exercise for you it is based on II - V - I progression
Chords are" Emi7 - A7 - Dmaj7 this exercise includes all chord tones
By doing it you will develop your technique and will learn all chord tones that you can use over any II - V - I progression!
Also it will make your brain to think in a different direction and will give you more freedom when you are playing!
Here it is!
Attached File  Chord_Tones.gp5 ( 2.14K ) Number of downloads: 105

Let me know what do you think about it! smile.gif

+Quote Post
wollace03
Oct 31 2012, 08:15 PM
QUOTE (Alex Feather @ Oct 31 2012, 08:39 AM) *
I have prepared a very cool exercise for you it is based on II - V - I progression
Chords are" Emi7 - A7 - Dmaj7 this exercise includes all chord tones
By doing it you will develop your technique and will learn all chord tones that you can use over any II - V - I progression!
Also it will make your brain to think in a different direction and will give you more freedom when you are playing!
Here it is!
Attached File  Chord_Tones.gp5 ( 2.14K ) Number of downloads: 105

Let me know what do you think about it! smile.gif

sounds great!!
will start to work on it on the weekend!!
shall i record a backing track to play over?

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 2 2012, 07:17 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Oct 31 2012, 07:15 PM) *
sounds great!!
will start to work on it on the weekend!!
shall i record a backing track to play over?

I think I have posted the backing track you can use to play this exercise,
If not here it is!
http://soundcloud.com/alex-feather-akimov/ii-v-i-jam

+Quote Post
wollace03
Nov 16 2012, 06:26 PM
hi alex!

I justed wanted to tell you that due to health issues and especially due to my work agenda for the autumn month I have close to zero time for practicing. The only time I can pick up the guitar is when I try to be at the band rehearsals....

But, after christmas everything will get better and then I will start practising again and will work on the chord tone assignment....
Can´t wait to work on my playing again!!

Any news about your new job??

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 17 2012, 03:49 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (wollace03 @ Nov 16 2012, 05:26 PM) *
hi alex!

I justed wanted to tell you that due to health issues and especially due to my work agenda for the autumn month I have close to zero time for practicing. The only time I can pick up the guitar is when I try to be at the band rehearsals....

But, after christmas everything will get better and then I will start practising again and will work on the chord tone assignment....
Can´t wait to work on my playing again!!

Any news about your new job??

Thank you for letting me know! I am very excited to continue mentoring you! Take your time and come back soon! smile.gif
P.S. No nothing yet I lost about 15 pounds and have 15 more to go! It is very hard but I am getting there!

+Quote Post
wollace03
Jan 1 2013, 09:36 PM
hi alex!

back again with a little more practicing time. feels great!!!
I started to memorize the notes of the chord tone exercise and can play them to the backing very slowely...should I go on praticing until I bring them up to some speed?
because right now I really have to concentrate while playing them-......

any news about your new job?

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 07:31 AM