> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Melodic MacAlpine, Lesson By Daniel Realpe
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 2 ] ** [66.67%]
8 [ 1 ] ** [33.33%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 3

coffeeman
Dec 31 2011, 05:54 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
Original lesson: Melodic MacAlpine by Daniel Realpe

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
The only thing yo can do, is what you love!

Visit my youtube
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Dec 31 2011, 11:12 AM
Instructor
Hey, great to see another REC from you biggrin.gif

I love your bending and your general feel for the guitar, as you know...

I think you should spend some more time getting the timing of the phrases right. This is probably a really good lesson to choose to help you move out of your comfort zone and take your guitar playing to the next level. It's enough to push you into a higher level of dexterity but without being too much smile.gif

You've proven to me that you can do great bending and vibrato.. so now the challenge is to see that fretting hand raise it's level now wink.gif

Break the difficult sections down into small exercises that you can repeat over and over with a metronome, especially that lick at 0:44. That needs to be played in a triplet rhythm so first of all, sit down and map out exactly where your fingers need to go and memorise the movements. Then set your metronome at a slow pace that allows you to play the lick at the correct rhythm but at a slower pace. Have a rest after a while and do some more.

The key is always to give yourself 'time to get it right'. That includes thinking time and finger movement time. Gradually, the time you need to think and get your bearings will decrease and you will get faster and more natural at it.

I know you can do this and I would really like to see you come back and do it again and show us what your left hand can do ! cool.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jan 1 2012, 04:30 PM
Instructor
Great timing, very nice picking. I think you played this quite well, but perhaps you should insert a bit more emotion into it, and possibly a bit more dynamics. As far as technique goes, vibrato needs more focus, it should be more even, and so does the timing on those faster passages in the second part of the solo.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jan 2 2012, 05:36 PM
Instructor
Hey friend! This is a good take. I can note that you already know all the passages but you are a bit insecure with it. That's why I can note that the take need more expression and also there are some faster parts with timings issues. I think that this one just needs some more practice to master it. Keep on working! wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
skennington
Jan 3 2012, 06:41 PM
Learning Roadie - Never Give Up - Moderator
close man.. 7.3

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:01 PM