> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

161 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > »   
Phil66's Thread, for Gab's Army
Phil66
Oct 19 2018, 02:20 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Doing okay thanks Gab, been a bit unstructured in my practise since my holiday but have been playing as you know with the jamming with Gab workshop.

You doing ok?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 22 2018, 02:58 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Oct 19 2018, 10:20 AM) *
Doing okay thanks Gab, been a bit unstructured in my practise since my holiday but have been playing as you know with the jamming with Gab workshop.

You doing ok?

Cool Phil. I'm ok, thanks! I've received your PM, I'll answer it in a moment.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 22 2018, 08:51 PM
Thanks Gab, I have replied twice to your reply. I hope it all makes sense.

Cheers buddy

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Success is not obtained overnight. It comes in instalments; you get a little bit today, a little bit tomorrow until the whole package is given out. The day you procrastinate, you lose that day's success.

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 26 2018, 08:26 PM
Hello Gab,

I'm still on it, my attention span isn't too good while I adjust to this new stage in my father-in-law's illness.

I have been trying to catch up on Todd's Quick Licks as you can see by my badge below.

Cheers buddy.

Phil

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 29 2018, 03:47 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil, ok! Thanks for the update!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Oct 31 2018, 11:28 PM
I am still playing buddy but I'm exploring my blues side.
Only news I have is this https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...showtopic=59683 and this https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/guitar_fo...st&p=763108

Cheers buddy, I WILL be back on schedule very soon.

Cheers buddy

This post has been edited by Phil66: Oct 31 2018, 11:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 1 2018, 08:09 PM
Instructor
Thanks Phil!! Checking those thread now!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 2 2018, 09:49 AM
Thanks Gab,

I can't remember but I think I tried to link to the two posts with pictures in but I've noticed that they take you to the beginning. Anyway it doesn't matter, you've seen the guitar.

Gab, if you ever get chance, (maybe you have) to try a guitar with Dunlop 6105 frets in you have to give it a go. They feel great, I really really really like this guitar.

I'm not a fan of gold hardware at all but on this guitar with the sunburst and antique look to it it just looks awesome. It's gold on white or black guitars I don't like.

It has highlighted one small accuracy issue of mine though which is already imrpving. When I first had it I kept slipping off the neck when playing the high E, this is getting better already.

Cheers buddy smile.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 2 2018, 06:57 PM
Instructor
Yeah! I've seen it and I love it!! Are you playing SRV lessons on it? How does it sound?? smile.gif

I would like to see a video of you playing it. When is it coming?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 2 2018, 08:20 PM
Soon buddy. I need to change the strings to 10s, they are 9s and feel too light. I'm scared of the vintage slotted tuners, they are supposed to be a swine laugh.gif

Soon buddy. I need to change the strings to 10s, they are 9s and feel too light. I'm scared of the vintage slotted tuners, they are supposed to be a swine laugh.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 4 2018, 05:05 PM
Instructor
Oh yeah, SRV used even thicker strings. Are you going to set it to Eb tuning?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 4 2018, 06:19 PM
I'm not sure about Eb maybe but I can alter that anyway. I might eventually go up to 12s I know that the strings Stevie used are the stuff of legends, I've even heard 17s mentioned which seem too big but I do believe he used 15s..

https://www.stringjoy.com/stevie-ray-vaugha...tring-gauges-3/

I have a confession to make, I played the guitar for a solid hour and a half the other night and when it was time to finish, I stood the guitar up on my leg, learned the neck on my shoulder and hugged it laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif it feels incredible. I'm just going to get it to my luthier for a setup to suit me then I'll be using it all the time.

Cheers

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 5 2018, 01:05 PM
Instructor
hahaha that's so cool Phil! If you are planning to change strings gauge, it's a good idea to send it to a luthier to set it correctly. Then, you'll love it even more.

On a side note, Have you ever heard Kenny Wayne Shepherd?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 5 2018, 01:12 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 5 2018, 01:05 PM) *
hahaha that's so cool Phil! If you are planning to change strings gauge, it's a good idea to send it to a luthier to set it correctly. Then, you'll love it even more.

On a side note, Have you ever heard Kenny Wayne Shepherd?

Yeah, the first time I heard KWS I thought it was newly discovered, previously unreleased SRV material biggrin.gif I have one of his albums.

I am taking it to my friend who is an amazing guitar tech/repair man, he can check the frets over and give it a full service wink.gif

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 6 2018, 02:45 PM
Instructor
This band recorded a cover of him so that's why I was thinking on KWS.

Cool version:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 8 2018, 07:22 PM
PM Gab

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 9 2018, 03:09 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Phil66 @ Nov 8 2018, 03:22 PM) *
PM Gab

Got it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 12 2018, 10:00 PM
UPDATE: I've posted this in the THEORY section now, it may help others so you are probably better to answer there.

Hello Gab,

Can you tell me what the interval is in the first one please, I find it sounds very very sad if played slowly, either individual notes or letting the first note ring. Is the interval the same in the second TAB? I can't get my head around it as it's the same notes but one going down to A and one going up to A. The second one I still find sad but not as sad as the first, kind of like having a glimmer of hope but the sadness is still there. I hope this makes sense.

Thank you.

-----------|
-----------|
-----------|
-14--------|
------12---|
-----------|

-----------|
-----------|
------14---|
-14--------|
-----------|
-----------|

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 12 2018, 10:02 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Nov 13 2018, 03:13 PM
Instructor
Hi Phil!

The first one is a 5th, while the second one is a 4th. This sounds like power chords, I don't get the sad feel.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Phil66
Nov 13 2018, 07:28 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Nov 13 2018, 03:13 PM) *
Hi Phil!

The first one is a 5th, while the second one is a 4th. This sounds like power chords, I don't get the sad feel.

Thanks Gab,

So the first one you count E D C B A with E being 1 and A being 5.
The second one you count E F G A where E=1 A=4.

Why don't we count the sharps/flats?

I'm going to post this in the theory area maybe we should keep it there? What do you think?

Thanks

This post has been edited by Phil66: Nov 13 2018, 07:31 PM

--------------------

SEE MY GMC CERTIFICATE

Israelmore Ayivor

+Quote Post

161 Pages V  « < 83 84 85 86 87 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:27 PM