> NAH this can't be...

... the opportunity of your lifetime to learn guitar? - It is, but only if you do one of the following:

* Send me a pm and I will show you where to start. I am online every day and I will help you out directly!

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

-- Sinisa

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Balkan Music Style Lesson, Request
Maris
Jul 25 2011, 12:43 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey Sinisa! I really enjoy your 'Around the World' series and I think you can add some balkanic music(something like Romanian, Serbian music) to it. Something like this:

I really enjoy this type of music and i want to learn some basics, chord progressions, scales...so I hope you can help me! Thanks!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Maris: Jul 25 2011, 12:44 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 26 2011, 02:34 PM
Instructor
Well, that's my pitch! Believe me, I'm in doubt which song to choose! There are so many beautiful ethno compositions, but I will do something as soon as possible!!!Thanks wink.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 27 2011, 12:13 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Maris @ Jul 25 2011, 01:43 PM) *
Hey Sinisa! I really enjoy your 'Around the World' series and I think you can add some balkanic music(something like Romanian, Serbian music) to it. Something like this:

I really enjoy this type of music and i want to learn some basics, chord progressions, scales...so I hope you can help me! Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't give you a complete answer:
Song that you put in is a classic Serbian "deuce", or Es-Tam(2/4) rhythm. Consider the following progression, usually used for the Serbian deuce:

Amajor/Dminor/B7/ E7.

Try to play A major as follows: Root note A on sixth string to be Es, the second tact would be Tam, and there would be played Amajor chord without root note !

[--------------5(TAM)---------]
[--------------5(TAM)---------]
[--------------6(TAM)---------]
[--------------7(TAM)---------]
[--------------7(TAM)---------]
[----5(ES)---------------------]

Usually, every chord is played twice : A,A7, Dm,Dm7, B,B7, E,E7, and made a circle smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Jul 27 2011, 08:53 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Around the world - Serbia would be an awesome lesson smile.gif

Time to go home sometimes hehhehhe

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jul 28 2011, 11:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Bogdan Radovic @ Jul 27 2011, 09:53 PM) *
Around the world - Serbia would be an awesome lesson smile.gif

Time to go home sometimes hehhehhe

Hehehe, do you have any suggestions Bogdan? smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maris
Aug 27 2011, 03:56 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hi there Sinisa! Thanks for reply! I recorded something and I want to know if this is right:
Attached File  2011_08_27_17_50_56.467.wma ( 155K ) Number of downloads: 594

Thanks!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 27 2011, 09:24 PM
Instructor
LOL ,great !!! Have gig for you ,right now !!! biggrin.gif
Now,this style is played in many variations, what are you played is the basic version "Chool example".
"Kalea minijatura" is played in G minor variant ! Take a look this progression : Gm/ Gm/ Dsharp/ Dsharp (parallel chord of Cminor)
Aminor/ A7/ D/D7 ! The first eight bars are Gminor/D7. Like it ?? biggrin.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maris
Aug 30 2011, 04:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hei Sinisa! I'm working on kalea minijatura , but it doesn't sound right, maybe i'm not playing the chords properly.
I use:- G minor with the root note on the 10th fret of the A string.
- D # with the root note on the 11th fret of the E string.
- A minor with the root note on the 12th fret of the A string.
-A7:
---------------
-------10-----
-------12-----
-------11-----
-------12-----
---------------
-D with the root note on the 10th fret of E string
-D7 exactly like D ,but without my pinky.
I don't know where is the problem, but it doesn't sound right when i change from D to D7 because i don't really hear any difference between those chords. Maybe i'm doing something wrong.

I have another recording for you...this is from Cocek by Zoran Starcevic.Hope you enjoy it!

Attached File  2011_08_30_18_17_34.483.wma ( 99.8K ) Number of downloads: 366

Thanks for your replies!

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 30 2011, 07:44 PM
Instructor
Heehe,Cocek is very good ,but you have minor rhythm issues with trills smile.gif . Keep practicing !
Now , Minijatura ! Give me day or two (very busy at the moment), and I'm gonna shoot some video guide for you ,ok?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maris
Aug 30 2011, 09:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hei Sinisa! Thank you very much...i really appreciate it! Wow...I'm so glad!!! I can't wait for the video! biggrin.gif
THANKS!!!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Aug 30 2011, 09:58 PM
GMC:er
Very cool stuff! Another one of the killer aspects of GMC, so many influences from all over the Globe. I recently discovered that the word Balkan comes from two Turkish words for Blood and Honey. Just adds to the mystery of the place and the region.

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Aug 31 2011, 01:31 PM
Instructor
Yes, Balkan has always been a crossroads of East and West.That's why they gave him such a name !

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maris
Nov 12 2011, 07:18 PM
Learning Rock Star
hey Sinisa ...i just made a video of me playing some gypsy music and i don't want to make a new topic so i will post it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rderD153GCw...nel_video_title ... I want to know what do you think about it and maybe you can give me some advices...thanks ! biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 13 2011, 12:47 AM
Instructor
I laughing at a title " OPA CUPA' xaxaxa! Superb rhythm, played exactly on the gipsy way ! Now, the only small criticism I have of progression - every round you playing the same progression, and somehow after the third round looks boring a bit! Am,E7,B7,E7 it's good start, but during the songs progression are expanded !
I am a little tired now, so let me rest, and I'll shoot a video today, with extended chords on the same topic wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 14 2011, 05:25 PM
Instructor
Ok ,here it is,quick arrangement on a A minor progression with some substitution chords wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Maris
Nov 14 2011, 07:09 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Nov 14 2011, 06:25 PM) *
Ok ,here it is,quick arrangement on a A minor progression with some substitution chords wink.gif

Thank you Sinisa for this video! Very interesting! Now I'm waiting for your around the world - serbian kolo biggrin.gif...hope i can play it smile.gif) Thank you again Majstore smile.gif

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Nov 15 2011, 01:37 AM
GMC:er
Very cool stuff! Maybe a Gypsy Collab?

QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Nov 14 2011, 11:25 AM) *

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Nov 15 2011, 03:42 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ Nov 15 2011, 01:37 AM) *
Very cool stuff! Maybe a Gypsy Collab?

Quite interesting idea Todd,thanks wink.gif !!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Nov 21 2011, 02:58 PM
Instructor
I think you're awesome ethno musician (among other things) man, and Serbian traditional music should sound awesome for GMCers.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Maris
Dec 11 2011, 05:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hei Sinsia ! I just uploaded a video on youtube...and i want to know what you think about it and maybe you can give me some advices...thanks

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th March 2024 - 09:52 AM