Winter Water Fall, Mattacuk shares some more photo Art !
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 01:24 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hello fellow GMC'ers. I was up early this morning in the hope of acehiving a technical masterpeice while the sun was still low in the sky. The resulting image was this;

As you can see I used the natural soft light of the low sun to highlight the ruin and tree. After some time spent angleing the camera on the tripod and selecting the right filters I set a long exposure and this was the result.

Hope you like it ! smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by mattacuk: Jun 3 2013, 09:06 AM

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Chris Evans
Dec 17 2007, 01:28 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
Nice one m8, I love the way the water has been captured, the scenery is so crystal clear too, I really liked it! , I wish I had an eye for that sort of thing smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Dec 17 2007, 01:39 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Really good foto Matt , I like it! wink.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
rokchik
Dec 17 2007, 01:47 PM
The Dark Canuck
Very nice Matt smile.gif You always have such beautiful photos.

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 01:51 PM
Lets go fishing!
Hey Im glad you like it guys ! biggrin.gif

Not sure if i shared this one with you yet, I took it as it was just getting dark one cold evening;

--------------------
mysql> SELECT * FROM master_name WHERE ((firstname = 'Paul') AND (lastname = 'Gilbert'));

"The Fundimental Difference between Paul Gilbert and Buckethead is that Paul Explores the Good side of the force, while Buckethead Explores the Dark Side of the Force" :)

+Quote Post
g-forcelover
Dec 17 2007, 01:56 PM
GMC:er
nice! does it have to have deviantart in the middle though? tongue.gif

--------------------

i tripped and broke my guitar's neck. :(

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 01:58 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (g-forcelover @ Dec 17 2007, 12:56 PM) *
nice! does it have to have deviantart in the middle though? tongue.gif

Nah it doesent, but I add the watermark so if people visit Deviant Art and want the work they have to buy it !! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Dec 17 2007, 02:01 PM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
wow they are so clear, capture all the detail, really good m8 smile.gif

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
DeepRoots
Dec 17 2007, 02:08 PM
Get to da Chopper!
the water looks good enough to dive in...however being a Brit i know thats probably not the case tongue.gif !

Great photos matt- you have a real talent there!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 02:10 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (DeepRoots @ Dec 17 2007, 01:08 PM) *
the water looks good enough to dive in...however being a Brit i know thats probably not the case tongue.gif !

Great photos matt- you have a real talent there!

haha yeah you wouldnt want to dive in there today mate, as your probably aware it was 0 degrees this morning !! brrrrrrrrr blink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Dejan Farkas
Dec 17 2007, 02:12 PM
Instructor
it's great how you achieved the feel of water flowing smile.gif

and I like the composition wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tank
Dec 17 2007, 02:33 PM
GMC Veteran
Nice photos mate. What gear are you using? smile.gif

+Quote Post
dango
Dec 17 2007, 02:51 PM
i like the way lights are changing and there is a big star shape in the middle. you made ordinary scene into such a beautiful landscape. i like it . very good. smile.gif

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 17 2007, 02:58 PM
nice thread matt. here is my contribution from Lawrence Kansas, at the Dog Park. As you see, BoBo just finished his laps, and is doing the dog shake thing.

Attached Image

+Quote Post
David.C.Bond
Dec 17 2007, 03:30 PM
Awesome photo matt, very well captured!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 04:09 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Tank @ Dec 17 2007, 01:33 PM) *
Nice photos mate. What gear are you using? smile.gif

Nothing flash, you can see my camera here ;

The main thing is that your camera has a high quality sensor, its less important how many "megapixels" it has as this only determins how big you can print off copys. Also its vital that your camera has full manual controls. I also use Hoya Neutral Density filters and a Polarizer Filter to stop over exposure ! smile.gif

QUOTE (dango @ Dec 17 2007, 01:51 PM) *
i like the way lights are changing and there is a big star shape in the middle. you made ordinary scene into such a beautiful landscape. i like it . very good. smile.gif

thanks! I used a bare lense here without filters so its even more special that i could capture the star shapes comeing from the lights. I used a super long exposure of 8 seconds which I think recorded the light movement !

QUOTE (fkalich @ Dec 17 2007, 01:58 PM) *
nice thread matt. here is my contribution from Lawrence Kansas, at the Dog Park. As you see, BoBo just finished his laps, and is doing the dog shake thing.

Attached Image

That is a really nice picture man! I like the way the water looks frozen and the dog makes for an interesting shot ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 04:28 PM
Lets go fishing!
Here is a potentially good photograph ruined by one major flaw!! The composer is not as good as the first, not by a long shot bu the water recorded well.

See if you can spot the flaw, I dubbed it "technical difficulties" laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pavel
Dec 17 2007, 04:37 PM
Instructor
Awesome pics Matt! Love nature smile.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
mattacuk
Dec 17 2007, 04:38 PM
Lets go fishing!
QUOTE (Pavel @ Dec 17 2007, 03:37 PM) *
Awesome pics Matt! Love nature smile.gif

Thanks Pavel - me too. I think it helps inspire music too ! wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
fkalich
Dec 17 2007, 04:45 PM
QUOTE (mattacuk @ Dec 17 2007, 09:28 AM) *
Here is a potentially good photograph ruined by one major flaw!! The composer is not as good as the first, not by a long shot bu the water recorded well.

See if you can spot the flaw, I dubbed it "technical difficulties" laugh.gif laugh.gif

Can't see a flaw. Is that bridge old? Around here we have very little prior to the 20th century. That looks like an very old and mostly gone bridge to me, but not sure.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 06:56 PM