3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Guitar players and the women
Guitar players and the women
Do guitar players really get the girls ?
Yes [ 45 ] ** [72.58%]
No [ 17 ] ** [27.42%]
Total Votes: 62
Guests cannot vote 
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 23 2007, 09:08 PM
GMC:er
Kinda thought this would be a good topic idea. Do guitar players really get the girls ? Or is this simply a myth. biggrin.gif tongue.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
VinceG
Feb 23 2007, 09:14 PM
hah I think its a myth. It only works if your trendy.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis

+Quote Post
ezravdb
Feb 23 2007, 09:32 PM
I HOPE SO biggrin.gif

--------------------
The coolest new community: Lockerz Wanna join Lockerz?
Send me a PM with your mailadress.

+Quote Post
Pavel
Feb 23 2007, 09:51 PM
Instructor
It depends on how you play wink.gif So get back to practice!

This post has been edited by Pavel: Feb 23 2007, 09:52 PM

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MickeM
Feb 23 2007, 10:11 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Yes they do!!!! But only the ones the singer rejects... tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Robin
Feb 23 2007, 11:59 PM
Where I live its cool to drink, smoke, snuff and listen to piece of crap music. Thats how you get girls. Everyone here are complete idiots. You wont get girls only by playing guitar, thats for sure.

Edit: also, its super duper cool to run around in big gangs and beat up 1 kid, thats freakin typical.

This post has been edited by Robin: Oct 20 2007, 07:04 AM

+Quote Post
TheNung89
Feb 24 2007, 02:09 AM
Girls don't give a damn how fast you play, as long as you play something they like.

So don't try to impress them with worthless shred or metal. They won't care. You'll get farther with some soft pop-rock song.

+Quote Post
brainlesswonder
Feb 24 2007, 02:52 AM
Unless there is a Sax player in your band, that bastard gets all the chicks. On the other hand, the bass is like Chick repellent. Sorta like, "man, the singer, drummer, and guitarist are all taken - I guess I'll have to nail the bass player".

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Feb 24 2007, 03:16 AM
lol idk if i agree with that bass guitar point of view, does seem like the lead singer gets alot of girls ( imo).

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
buckjones
Feb 24 2007, 05:05 AM
i guess i lucked out... i play sax, lead guitar and sing in my band wow nice! hahaha

nate biggrin.gif

--------------------
See profile for gear...

Tim Mahoney makes my day.

+Quote Post
PickNGrin
Mar 2 2007, 07:51 PM
My guess is that for the most part, they are a little more attracted to the singer /player..AKA John Mayer types than the shredder types.

+Quote Post
Rob_g
Mar 2 2007, 09:11 PM
I think next to singers guitarist get the ladies.

It would help if a girl answered this question

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Mar 2 2007, 11:25 PM
QUOTE (Rob_g @ Mar 2 2007, 12:11 PM) *
I think next to singers guitarist get the ladies.

It would help if a girl answered this question

Yeah rob it would. Yet robin already did but i wasnt sure if her answer was a yes or no ? blink.gif

--------------------

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Robin
Mar 3 2007, 01:40 AM
QUOTE (Eat-Sleep-andJam @ Mar 2 2007, 11:25 PM) *
Yeah rob it would. Yet robin already did but i wasnt sure if her answer was a yes or no ? blink.gif

Uhm maybe I missunderstood, but are you talking to me? I'm a guy laugh.gif and my point was that people are complete idiots where I live, so playing guitar or anything else that requires skill doesnt make you popular with the girls tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Rockwouldbe
Mar 3 2007, 08:05 PM
Rock Instructor
sure it helps . but commen guys, it is not like they are falling to our hands, i agree with pavel tops

--------------------
My gear:
Ibanez Rg2570, Pod XTL, peavey classic 30w
Guitar it is a passion

a link to the Aspiring instructor

+Quote Post
Braymond
Mar 3 2007, 09:27 PM
The way to a girls heart (pants) is not with an electric guitar. Its with an acoustic. Chicks dig soft nice sounding pretty music. Trust me, Take your acoustic to a party and the girls will be all over you

--------------------
One day I will be as great as Kristofer Dahl.....MUHAHAHAHAHA

+Quote Post
LiquidFusion
Mar 6 2007, 06:00 AM
Acoustic guitar - play some good blues w/ soul. Keith Richards / Stones / double stops. Songs like: "Wild Horses." "Love in Vain."

This post has been edited by LiquidFusion: Mar 6 2007, 06:02 AM

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Mar 6 2007, 09:41 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Well all i can say is that most chicks arent "impressed" when i play something like Necrophagist (even though i only know one song) or something like Nevermore, Iron Maiden, Dream Theater, but the second they see a kid that can play some basic chord progression from some newer trendy band (not trying to bash anyone) they find it more impressive then.

I think that if they recognize the song and they like it it might help you get the girl, but overall, i dont think guitarists get the girls as much as the "myth" goes, Maybe because we give our guitars female names and spend more time with them and buy them nicer things. (or is that just me?)

+Quote Post
GTK
Mar 17 2007, 11:28 AM
QUOTE (Robin @ Feb 23 2007, 11:59 PM) *
Where I live its cool to drink, smoke, snuff and listen to piece of crap music. Thats how you get girls. everyone here are complete idiots. you wont get girls only by playing guitar, thats for sure.

Edit: also, its super duper cool to run around in big gangs and beat up 1 kid, thats fucking typical.

OMG it's the same where I live laugh.gif

+Quote Post
moorkop
Mar 17 2007, 03:21 PM
i'm telling you..
after a nice gig where the crowd is digging it
and you blasted out some awesome solos...

being in an almost-all-girl band also works laugh.gif

--------------------
gear
guitar: ibanez SA 260 FM
amp: hughes & ketler blue edition 60 wts (in garage)
amp you hear: crappy yahama borrowed from friend
effects: dunlop jimi hendrix wahwah

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:36 AM