I wake up and curse [ 5 ] ** [15.15%]
I count every second that goes by while I'm at work [ 4 ] ** [12.12%]
Total Votes: 33
Guests cannot vote 
fatb0t
Oct 8 2008, 08:43 PM
GMC:er
Guys,
I hate my job - I hate the people I have to work with, I think my pay is pathetic, holidays are a joke, I feel underpaid, over educated, and over used.

I'm a computer tech.

What do you guys do and how do you feel about it?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 17)
jer
Oct 8 2008, 08:56 PM
Works keeps me from enjoying my time on this planet.

My family

My hobbies

etc....

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My Gear

Jackson SL-1 USA Soloist
Jackson DK2M
ESP LTD MH-400
ESP LTD EC-1000
Ibanez Custom S-Series
Martin 001 Acoustic

Handmade Marshall JCM800 50watt head (with mods)
Carvin 50x2 Stereo Tube Amp
Boss GT-10 Preamp/Effects Processor
Digitech GSP-1101 Preamp/Effects Processor
Behringer FCB1010 Midi Controlled Floorboard
Behringer Dualfex EX2200
Behinger Stereo EQ
Line 6 POD with 2.3 upgrade
Line 6 Floor Board
Line 6 Spider III Practice Amp
Nady UHF Wireless

"Who will eat the decay, when the worms have lost their sight?"

+Quote Post
MickeM
Oct 8 2008, 08:56 PM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
IT consultant, I'm getting real boored with it after soon 20 years but I have to stick with it since it's my main income. If I had an alternative I wouldn't, that's for sure.

I have a company on the side (weborder) which I hope will lift off real well some day. It's still kind of fresh and not so big but still a lot more fun than IT business. All income from that gets reinvested aswell, no gear. sad.gif
Me and my wife also got 3 airport taxis in Manila which works rather well. All income from that business gets reinvested (no gear there either) so I hope I'll live to see early retirement when the kids are grown.
Man, I'm not even half way through a working carreer and already dreaming of retirement mellow.gif

EDIT: Meaning I'm not so fond of my real job, which qualifies me for this poll laugh.gif I more enjoy the other business' but they don't generate enough, I don't hate them.

This post has been edited by MickeM: Oct 8 2008, 09:03 PM

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Oct 8 2008, 10:09 PM
I love my job biggrin.gif im a student! i'm taking business and i absolutely love it! trying to make money on the side is hard but the more i learn in school the better i get at it smile.gif I hope to have a job doing something in business where the harder i work the more i make, and since i love what i do working hard wont be a problem smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
IDontWantMyUsern...
Oct 8 2008, 10:17 PM
Well, my "work" is going to music high school, so I think that says it all biggrin.gif

--------------------
My stuff:

Ibanez S320
Marshall MG100HDFX half stack
Line6 PODxt
Digidesign Mbox Pro

Songs I'm writing down/learning at the moment:

Children of Bodom - Downfall

+Quote Post
Kizaze44
Oct 8 2008, 10:23 PM
QUOTE (fatb0t @ Oct 8 2008, 03:43 PM) *
Guys,
I hate my job - I hate the people I have to work with, I think my pay is pathetic, holidays are a joke, I feel underpaid, over educated, and over used.

I'm a computer tech.

What do you guys do and how do you feel about it?

Fatb0t - I noticed you're on Long Island. My company is looking for a Jr. Systems Admin. We are in Brooklyn. Check us out @ www.brainstorm-digital.com

Looking for an IT guy who can also learn to work on VFX shots for feature films. If you're overqualified for this, ignore this post and accept my apologies!

-Kizaze

+Quote Post
Muris Varajic
Oct 8 2008, 10:46 PM
Instructor
Nice so far,only music,guess I'm lucky guy. smile.gif

--------------------
Youtube
MySpace
Website

Album "Let It Out" on
iTunes
and CD Baby

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

The Pianist
tune is progress,check it out!

"ok.. it is great.. :P

have you myspace? Can i to personalize this for you guy?"

+Quote Post
Canis
Oct 8 2008, 10:49 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm a student as well, and I love it ^^
Gotta get me a job on the side though, and I'm not sure if I'll love it as much when that time comes tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Oct 9 2008, 12:19 AM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
While I'm in the music industry I'm not complaining smile.gif

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
Lian Gerbino
Oct 9 2008, 12:32 AM
Instructor
I love it, just music... lucky guy too!

+Quote Post
blindwillie
Oct 9 2008, 06:35 AM
QUOTE (MickeM @ Oct 8 2008, 09:56 PM) *
IT consultant, I'm getting real boored with it after soon 20 years but I have to stick with it since it's my main income. If I had an alternative I wouldn't, that's for sure.

Same situation but add some years. I'm so sick of this business. If I had knowledge in any other field I would change but this is what I know. I have some dream projects but they aren't possible to make a living of here in Sweden because of regulations. I'm also dreaming of an early retirement but I can't see how right now.

Good luck with your real business Micke.

--------------------

Schecter C1 Hellraiser EMG 81/85, replaced with JB/Jazz (SH4/SH2n) w. coilsplit
Schecter Revenger HB-105, replaced with EMG 81/85
Stratocaster Deluxe Players Noiseless
Ibanez 2550z
Blackstar HT5H, Blackheart BH5H w. BH112, Laney LX35D, Line6 Pod XT, Marshall MS-2
Headphones: Sennheiser RS120

Stay tuned...

+Quote Post
superize
Oct 9 2008, 08:16 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
I hate not having i job..........

But i love not having a job.....

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
kaznie_NL
Oct 9 2008, 08:39 AM
Experienced Tone Seeker
My job payes kinda well (for a fourteen year old that is tongue.gif ) In the summer I got payed around 4 euros per hour, for kids like me, that's quit a lot!

Sometimes it gets a bit boring, but I don't realy care, nice people and that's important!

--------------------
My YouTube Channel Here

My Rec Takes Here

--- GEAR ---
Ibanez SA08LTD2 BAR
Vox AD50VT
Pod Farm
Line 6 Pod Studio GX
El Cheapo Strat
Dunlop Slide
Korg Toneworks AX5G

+Quote Post
Chris Evans
Oct 9 2008, 09:11 AM
Learning Tone Guru - Community Coordinator & Moderator
I went with wake up and curse, my job is boring, I cant stand spending a moment of my time with some of the people that work within the company as a whole, fortunatly I work in a satelite depot 60 odd miles from the head office so dont get bugged too much providing things are running as they should, nothing much changes from day to day, just the same old same old, but ... it pays quite well and I get a lot of time (especially through the summer months) to sit on the internet (GMC biggrin.gif) so it has its advantages smile.gif

I still curse when the alarm goes off in the morning though!

--------------------
Show us what part of the world you live in and get yourself
ON THE GMC:er Location MAP

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Oct 9 2008, 09:24 AM
I hate work with a passion. There is nothing good apart from the pay. I got a pay rise yesterday by £500 ($1000) a year. Woohoo.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Oct 9 2008, 07:41 PM
Instructor
So far musician and love it smile.gif

This post has been edited by Ivan Milenkovic: Oct 9 2008, 07:41 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Tolek
Oct 9 2008, 07:54 PM
Learning Rock Star
I´m still a student. smile.gif After school, I want to go to university and study music. After this, I wanna be a pro. biggrin.gif I´m satisfied till now. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Duncan
Oct 9 2008, 07:59 PM
I've pretty much hated every job I've ever had. After I leave uni I'm going to pre-occupy myself with a season boarding in Canada. Anything to postpone responsibility for another year.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:44 PM