Christmas Songs, for playing live
FretDancer69
Dec 8 2007, 07:10 PM
GMC:er
Hello guys, im gigging for the first time in my life this December 18th. Im playing Neil Zaza's I'm Alright. But i was also thinking on playing a guitar song solo style similar to "Carol Rock" by Funtwo. Do anyone of you know cool songs like these that can stun an audience?tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Dec 8 2007, 11:22 PM

--------------------
Playing Guitar Since: December 2006
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
rokchik
Dec 8 2007, 08:00 PM
The Dark Canuck
QUOTE (FretDancer69 @ Dec 8 2007, 02:10 PM) *
Hello guys, im gigging for the first time in my life this December 18th. Im playing Neil Zaza's I'm Alright. But i was also thinking on playing a guitar song solo style similar to "Carol Rock" by Funtwo. Do anyone of you know cool songs like these that can stun an audience?tongue.gif

Thanks smile.gif

I'm not very familiar with the song you mentioned but last night I was at a gig at a local bar, the band played "Run Run Rudolf" by Chuck Berry and the crowd loved it. The guitarist improvised over the song a bit and did an awesome job too. I wish I had had my cell to take some video.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Dec 8 2007, 08:37 PM
Instructor
Well if you wanna "stun" the audience on your first night live good old rock`n`roll always does the trick in those situations wink.gif
It also depeds on the crowd. Whats the crowd like? If it is rock or metal, try ACDC they are playing some great "happy" rock, or metallica famous songs. THat works with metal crowds definately smile.gif

This post has been edited by Milenkovic Ivan: Dec 8 2007, 08:38 PM

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 8 2007, 09:59 PM
QUOTE (Milenkovic Ivan @ Dec 8 2007, 01:37 PM) *
Well if you wanna "stun" the audience on your first night live good old rock`n`roll always does the trick in those situations wink.gif
It also depeds on the crowd. Whats the crowd like? If it is rock or metal, try ACDC they are playing some great "happy" rock, or metallica famous songs. THat works with metal crowds definately smile.gif

the crow is not very metal, but thats not what i want to play, i want to play a Christmas solo song. Im sure I'm Alright will amaze them, but i want to play something related to christmas as well.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 8 2007, 10:04 PM
Play.. No Presents For Christmas by King Diamond.. Its metal.. but u get all the christmas tunes in there + u get some wicked guitar solos. change the vocals to your preferance smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post
FretDancer69
Dec 8 2007, 10:43 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Dec 8 2007, 03:04 PM) *
Play.. No Presents For Christmas by King Diamond.. Its metal.. but u get all the christmas tunes in there + u get some wicked guitar solos. change the vocals to your preferance smile.gif

no, i dont want to play metal and definately NOT black metal tongue.gif . ive heard the song before, i want to play something similar like this

sad.gif

This post has been edited by FretDancer69: Dec 8 2007, 10:44 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
MickeM
Dec 9 2007, 12:24 AM
Born of NWOBHM, Moderation Team Leader
Something like Rudolf the red nosed raindeer then?

A really cool song is "Go tell it on the mountain", sort of christmas gospel. I like the version the Blind boys of Alabama made. You could simply run the melody as solo.

+Quote Post
Zephyr
Dec 9 2007, 12:26 AM
You should check out Merry Axemas Volumes 1 & 2, guitar instrumental versions of a whole bunch of Christmas songs. It's got Satriani, Vai, Johnson, all kinds of awesome stuff!

+Quote Post
Smikey2006
Dec 9 2007, 12:30 AM
heh good call on the Carol over king Diamond.. it seems alot more fun on guitar.. King Diamond is what im playing for my christmas gig biggrin.gif.. as well as Snow by Red Hot chili Peppers smile.gif

--------------------
Schecter Exotic Star+ Peavey VK
Ibanez Xiphos 707 + Krank Revolution 100
Damien 7

Wishlist
Schecter Customshop
Schecter 2008 Blackjack
Damage Control Timeline Delay Pedal/Distortion
a laptop that runs protools :'(

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:12 PM