> Rules

Here is where the magic happens: the REC board turns bedroom guitarists into real pros. Remember - it doesn't matter if you fail or pass, as long as you keep posting REC takes you will progress.

The entries will be graded by a number of instructors. After grading, members will be accredited with the appropriate points if they pass, and adjustments will be made to their REC level.
Passing grade is 6 or higher.

* Submit your REC take!
* More info
* Score board
* Recording tutorial

Modal Madness pt 4 - 5 String Patterns, Lesson By Zsolt Galambos
Grade
1-10
1 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
2 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
3 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
4 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
5 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
6 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
7 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
8 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
9 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
10 [ 0 ] ** [0.00%]
Total Votes: 0

Vulpine
Oct 30 2012, 06:17 PM
GMC:er
Original lesson: Modal Madness pt 4 - 5 String Patterns by Zsolt Galambos

(Take 1)

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 4)
Ben Higgins
Oct 30 2012, 07:03 PM
Instructor
Hi my friend. It's good to see you working on this stuff but this won't be able to qualify to be graded as you need to play the track up to speed with the backing track smile.gif

Your left hand is gaining skill and you're adventuring into 3 note per string territory which is great. All the ingredients are there, you just need to tighten up the actual co ordination between right hand and left hand. This is easier done when playing slow to medium tempo. If you're going to aim for fast run-throughs, stick to smaller speed bursts which increase your chances of hitting every note correctly because of the shorter duration.

Also, think about isolating and concentrating on the areas that give you the most trouble instead of going through the whole thing start to finish. Those areas where you have to pause and regroup your thoughts.. maybe they will be good sequences to focus on ! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Oct 30 2012, 08:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate! Thanks for posting this one! This will help us a lot with the Army's job. As Ben said, we can't grade it for REC but I will post this one in our thread to have it as a reference, and there I will give you some feedback. wink.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Oct 31 2012, 10:22 AM
Instructor
Howdy there! As the guys said, this won't make it as a REC take, BUT it's a good reference for your progress. My advice would be to slow things down and learn this bit by bit, mastering it's details, timing and interpretation. Once you have each part down, combine them at a slow tempo and then as you gain confidence and have EVERYTHING under control, increase the tempo, until you get to the point where you can play it without any stress.

All the best!

Cosmin

+Quote Post
Alex Feather
Nov 1 2012, 06:24 PM
Instructor
I agree with other instructors you need to bring it up to speed before we can grade you!

+Quote Post

Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 07:31 AM