Chroma Key Greenscreen Tutorial, Nice fx for your vids
Jeroen
May 7 2014, 06:21 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Ok, as promised a basic tutorial on the use of video backgrounds in your (Youtube) vids.

This is a basic tutorial for filming with a chroma key greenscreen and editing in Sony Vegas Movie Studio. You will need a good green screen, a camera, 1 or more daylight lamps and editing software. The better your lighting is, the better the result. Watch out for shadows on your greenscreen and do not use direct sunlight! To reach pro results you will need 4 to 5 daylight lamps and a cotton non reflective greenscreen. Light yourself from two sides under a 45 degree angle and light the greenscreen seperately. The green screen I use in this video is an affordable non reflective cotton. In this vid I use only one daylight lamp from Falcon Eyes with a color temperature of 5500K.

Have fun editing your own movies and share me a link of your greenscreen video's if you like.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Jeroen: May 7 2014, 09:36 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 6)
Todd Simpson
May 8 2014, 09:32 PM
GMC:er
Great tutorial!! Thanks much smile.gif You have a very nice video setup and your vids are top quality. Some folks are struggling a bit with the quality of their vids so these types of tutorials are great.

Could you maybe make one about your camera and basic shooting/lighting?

QUOTE (Jeroen @ May 7 2014, 01:21 PM) *
Ok, as promised a basic tutorial on the use of video backgrounds in your (Youtube) vids.

This is a basic tutorial for filming with a chroma key greenscreen and editing in Sony Vegas Movie Studio. You will need a good green screen, a camera, 1 or more daylight lamps and editing software. The better your lighting is, the better the result. Watch out for shadows on your greenscreen and do not use direct sunlight! To reach pro results you will need 4 to 5 daylight lamps and a cotton non reflective greenscreen. Light yourself from two sides under a 45 degree angle and light the greenscreen seperately. The green screen I use in this video is an affordable non reflective cotton. In this vid I use only one daylight lamp from Falcon Eyes with a color temperature of 5500K.

Have fun editing your own movies and share me a link of your greenscreen video's if you like.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Jeroen
May 9 2014, 10:06 AM

Hi Todd, I will make one about camera setup and lighting soon.smile.gif

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 8 2014, 10:32 PM) *
Great tutorial!! Thanks much smile.gif You have a very nice video setup and your vids are top quality. Some folks are struggling a bit with the quality of their vids so these types of tutorials are great.

Could you maybe make one about your camera and basic shooting/lighting?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
May 11 2014, 04:05 AM
Cool! Your vids are some of the best looking I've seen on GMC so it's great that your willing to share! PM me when you put up the vid and I"ll ask BOGDAN to add it to the wiki thread on making better videos!!!!

QUOTE (Jeroen @ May 9 2014, 05:06 AM) *
Hi Todd, I will make one about camera setup and lighting soon.smile.gif

+Quote Post
Jeroen
Jun 21 2014, 10:04 AM
Still have to do this, didn't find any time yet in my busy schedule..

QUOTE (Todd Simpson @ May 11 2014, 05:05 AM) *
Cool! Your vids are some of the best looking I've seen on GMC so it's great that your willing to share! PM me when you put up the vid and I"ll ask BOGDAN to add it to the wiki thread on making better videos!!!!

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jun 21 2014, 11:12 AM
Learning Tone Master
thanks, nice job

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jun 26 2014, 09:25 PM
Life can be a busy thing smile.gif Wouldn't mind seeing some "behind the scenes" posts as well about your work shooting various spiff bands also! Assuming of course, it wouldn't be against some sort of biz clause.

QUOTE (Jeroen @ Jun 21 2014, 05:04 AM) *
Still have to do this, didn't find any time yet in my busy schedule..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:01 PM