2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Sinisa Cekic's - A Story To Tell
wrk
Jun 1 2009, 10:48 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
Last night i recorded this take of Sinisa's beautiful solo "A Story to Tell" and i thought to share this one with you guys.
Video quality is quite bad. I was more in jam mood as to care about lights or anything else ... i love night sessions !!

Timing and phrasing i found very difficult on this solo. I change a few fingerings as well to make life easier for me, but i hope i still captured the "Story" Sinisa was telling ... anyway, a story is often told differently ... laugh.gif.

Hope you like it ... smile.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Matt23
Jun 1 2009, 11:01 AM
Accomplished Tone Master
Great playing wrk. I think your expression was really good too. Can I just ask, what gear did you use, because your tone absolutely awesome. smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 1 2009, 11:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
Really good take! I liked it as much as Sinisa´s or even more. Well done! smile.gif
Also, your tone is excellent. What preset are you using?

+Quote Post
sted
Jun 1 2009, 11:24 AM
Learning Rock Star
Bravo mate! Really nice playing there, thoroughly enjoyed that!

+Quote Post
Emir Hot
Jun 1 2009, 11:58 AM
Instructor
Sinisa will proud when he sees the video. Well done man.

--------------------
Check out my <a href="https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/instructor/Emir-Hot" target="_blank">Instructor profile</a>

www.emirhot.com
www.myspace.com/emirhotguitar
www.myspace.com/sevdahmetal

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 1 2009, 02:58 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Matt23 @ Jun 1 2009, 12:01 PM) *
Great playing wrk. I think your expression was really good too. Can I just ask, what gear did you use, because your tone absolutely awesome. smile.gif

Thanks Matt. As usual, i used a POD XT Live and Logic to record audio. The POD only for amp modulation and i added effects like delay, reverb, compression and EQ in Logic.

QUOTE (Tolek @ Jun 1 2009, 12:07 PM) *
Really good take! I liked it as much as Sinisa´s or even more. Well done! smile.gif
Also, your tone is excellent. What preset are you using?

Thanks Tolek. The preset you can find in my practice agenda (wrk_strat.l6t). It may not sound exactly the same because of the added effects in Logic, but it's the basic preset i use quite often.

QUOTE (sted @ Jun 1 2009, 12:24 PM) *
Bravo mate! Really nice playing there, thoroughly enjoyed that!

Thanks sted, glad you enjoyed it .. smile.gif

QUOTE (Emir Hot @ Jun 1 2009, 12:58 PM) *
Sinisa will proud when he sees the video. Well done man.

Thank you Emir, i hope Sinisa will like. He already can be proud to have composed this nice solo !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
kjutte
Jun 1 2009, 03:04 PM
GMC:er
Breathtaking!

+Quote Post
Tolek
Jun 1 2009, 05:53 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Jun 1 2009, 03:58 PM) *
Thanks Tolek. The preset you can find in my practice agenda (wrk_strat.l6t). It may not sound exactly the same because of the added effects in Logic, but it's the basic preset i use quite often.

Thanks a lot. Will test it. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Velvet Roger
Jun 1 2009, 08:06 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Very, very nice Andy, love your tone and expression smile.gif

--------------------
"Don't practice until you get it right. Practice until you can't get it wrong."

Guitars & Amps
Brian Moore DC-1 Custom Shop (Cherry Sunburst, mahogany/rosewood)
Eric Johnson Signature Strat (2-tone Sunburst, alder/maple)
Ibanez RG770 (Black, basswood/rosewood)
Peerless Journeyman (solid spruce/maple)
Sixt Bov-105C (Ovation-like acoustic) - Ibanez SGT-130 (Jumbo acoustic)
London City VS-1 (Precision bass) - Baton Rouge U3S (Ukelele)
Fender HotRod Deluxe 40W combo - Fender Princeton Reverb Reissue 5W combo - Marshall JCM 900 50W Hi-Gain combo

Effects & Other stuff
POD Studio UX2 audio interface - Edirol MA-15D monitors
EH Double Muff - Fulltone GT-500 - Fulltone Fulldrive 2 Mosfet - Guitarsystems TrebleTool Junior - Guitarsystems FuzzTool Junior
Korg Pitchblack Tuner - MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay - TC Electronics Nova Modulator - Morley Bad Horsie 2 Wah
Shure SM58 - Roland PCR-500 midi controller/keyboard & Yamaha Clavinova CL-910 piano

My Website
My MySpace Page
My YouTube Channel
My Twitter Account
My Band 'Gonzo!'

+Quote Post
lcsdds
Jun 1 2009, 09:05 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Just awesome Andy!!!! I love your playing man.....I know I've told you that a billion times but I really do. I also got to see you do some tapping and a little tremolo bar work. Careful with that tremolo Andy......don't want you hurting yourself now.... tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 1 2009, 09:45 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thanks Roger and kjutte smile.gif

QUOTE (lcsdds @ Jun 1 2009, 10:05 PM) *
Just awesome Andy!!!! I love your playing man.....I know I've told you that a billion times but I really do. I also got to see you do some tapping and a little tremolo bar work. Careful with that tremolo Andy......don't want you hurting yourself now.... tongue.gif tongue.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.gif ... Too kind Monte, first you are worried that i fall from the chair and now i should keep an eye on the tremolo bar. Man, playing guitar is way more dangerous as i was thinking.. laugh.gif ohmy.gif
Thanks Monte !!

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Jun 1 2009, 10:31 PM
Instructor
This sounds great man, and your sound is excellent. Keep it up man, really well done! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
UncleSkillet
Jun 2 2009, 03:29 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
'Stands and Claps!!' tongue.gif

Great work Andy, it sounds really nice. I haven't ever heard this peice of music until now. Thanks for turning me on to this. I'll have to check it out. smile.gif

Rock On!

--------------------
"Think of a guitar solo as a paragraph. You need a clear beginning, a middle, and an end. Look at musical phrases like sentences, and make sure you break them up using punctuation—or space. You pause naturally when conversing, right? If you don't, you'll bore the listener. The same thing will happen with your audience if your solo is one dimensional. You'll wear them out and lose their attention." —Tom Principato

+Quote Post
superize
Jun 2 2009, 10:32 AM
Ultimate Tone Guru
Wow wow wow your tone and feeling is amazing

--------------------
My Gear

Ibanez RG
Jackson js30 warrior
jackson rr24
Line 6 Spider III amp
Line 6 pod xt live
Washburn acoustic

Youtube Account
My bands Myspace

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
Jun 2 2009, 10:43 AM
Instructor
Hey wrk,

I'm very pleased, you did awesome job man !

I am glad that you hit the point- It is not quite important that you copy all the exact tones but to talk the whole thing through personally expression,and you did it ! Well done !

btw, guitar sounds marvelous,great setup!

Thanks and keep rockin smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 2 2009, 11:06 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Sinisa Cekic @ Jun 2 2009, 11:43 AM) *
Hey wrk,

I'm very pleased, you did awesome job man !

I am glad that you hit the point- It is not quite important that you copy all the exact tones but to talk the whole thing through personally expression,and you did it ! Well done !

btw, guitar sounds marvelous,great setup!

Thanks and keep rockin smile.gif

Thank you very much Sinisa for taking the time to listen and give feedback to this take.

It's a lovely solo you composed there. I could not stop listen to it when it was published. Somehow it made me quite emotional. If you have more stories of this kind, i would love to listen to all of them !!! Thank you ... smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 2 2009, 11:33 AM
Instructor
Great playing as always Andy ! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sensible Jones
Jun 2 2009, 12:14 PM
Awesome job Andy!! That tone is stunning!!!!
biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

--------------------
I'd rather have a full Bottle in front of me than a full Frontal Lobotomy!!

+Quote Post
wrk
Jun 2 2009, 12:39 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Thank you guys !

Interesting that some of you like the tone that much. I normally played/practiced this solo with a different setting, more gain and effects. Just before the record i changed to this setting as it was more pleasant for the late night hour.

+Quote Post
Santitv
Jun 2 2009, 07:19 PM
Great playing ¡

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 12:32 PM