Virtual Mic System By Slate Digital
Socky42
Jan 21 2014, 11:41 PM
GMC:er

http://www.slatedigital.com/vmspreview/

Introducing THE VIRTUAL MICROPHONE SYSTEM from SLATE DIGITAL. Using a super clean and transparent microphone and pre-amplification chain in conjunction with The VMS software, Slate recreates the color and character of some of the most beloved classic mic's and pre-amps used in the recording industry. Switch between a virtual 47 and a ribbon 121 and try them through different preamps. Or put a virtual 57 on a snare drum or guitar amp. Zero latency means you can record directly into your DAW using these virtual mics and preamps. And do it all at a fraction of the price! Slate Digital does it again with another groundbreaking product from the guys who really love this stuff.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jan 22 2014, 12:17 AM
Well spiff!!! I actually have test OVERLOUD TH2 for this sort of purpose as well by removing the amp from the signal chain.
QUOTE (Socky42 @ Jan 21 2014, 05:41 PM) *

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 22 2014, 08:30 PM
Their approach makes sense, results doesn't seem bad either and it would be unfair to expect identical (although their marketing is aimed that way).

But its seems like a very studio specific tool, I expect it to be pretty expensive?

Its been a while since Mic. and preamp impulses can be found, I've always wanted to test them using a room mic (and measure my room smile.gif ) but haven't bought one yet smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Socky42
Jan 22 2014, 08:40 PM
Over on another forum, he said about $2000. Looks interesting and could be a real game changer, but definitely not for the bedroom guitarist like many of us at GMC. laugh.gif

Hi guys. The initial package will be the dual preamp/converter, ML-1 large mic, and ML-2 small mic. Price is somewhere in 2k range.

It will ship with several classic models of large diaphragm mics for the ML-1, and tons of classic AND custom mics for the ML-2. We will absolutely have models of the mic you mention above as it is a personal favorite.

This is beyond exciting for us. We've been working extremely hard on this for so long, and as all the NAMM visitors are about to hear... the results are pretty insane. The 47 we will be A/Bing is one of the most characteristic that I've heard, and our ML-1 model absolutely nails it.

We also have several great preamp models, starting of course with two of the classics, the British 73 and the Tube 76.

So much more to say, but back to NAMM prep!

Cheers,
Steven

We're gonna model LOTS of mics. LOOOOOTS. All kinds of vintage and modern goodies. I hope people can still check out the newer demos I posted too since after my tweak it seems so stupidly close..

www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSA.wav
www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSB.wav

www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSC.wav
www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSD.wav

www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSE.wav
www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSF.wav

www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSG.wav
www.slatedigital.com/vmsaudio/VMSH.wav

Happy times. Music making is fun and rewarding, and I genuinely hope this product enhances the process.

Cheers,
Steven

--------------------

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jan 22 2014, 08:58 PM
hehe yeah but 2k (thinking studio, not bedroom biggrin.gif) doesn't seem bad at all?

its usually best to wait a year or 2 before buying these sort of stuff, during that period lots of independent reviews will pop-up on youtube and it will give a better idea of what it can and can't do.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 01:04 PM