2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Solo For Mayones Competition, Video in HD as always :)
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 06:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Hi guys,

I finally finished national exams and can focus on music again (yay!)

I meant to enter this competition since it started but had no time. Well here it is, in HD as always, here it is, hope you enjoy it smile.gif

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqKWxt7DcH4

Is anyone else form the forum participating?

Cheers!

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 08:17 PM
Learning Tone Guru
21 views and no replies, is it that sucky that no one wants to be the first to tell me? laugh.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 23 2009, 08:27 PM
Competitions Coordinator - Up the Irons
QUOTE (DaniHel @ Jun 23 2009, 09:17 PM) *
21 views and no replies, is it that sucky that no one wants to be the first to tell me? laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Great playing mate smile.gif
I found it a little bit boring I'm afraid, no offense.
You got great technique, just try to keep the solo more interresting.

Like repeating licks (maybe..?), intro and outro on the solo with a strong middle etc. smile.gif

I'm no soloist myself so I couldn't have done better. I could do much worse though laugh.gif

But as I said, you got some skills smile.gif
Just work on the writing/creating of the solo a bit and you'll do great!

+Quote Post
bladzerok
Jun 23 2009, 08:39 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
I wrote the first comment on your youtube page smile.gif
i found it really interesting!

btw i participated on the competition too! you can check out mine Here

i know its not all clean and sometime its off, but anyway! hope you enjoy it laugh.gif

--------------------
My gears are:
guitars:
-simon and patrick accoustic guitar
-ovation accoustic guitar
-Ibanez S320 electric guitar
-Ibanez RG7321 electric guitar
amp:
-Peavey valveking 112
effects:
-Boss SD-1
-Dunlop crybaby from hell
-Boss GE-7 7-Band Equaliser
-Boss NS-2 Noise Supressor

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Jun 23 2009, 08:52 PM
GMC:er
I've tried jamming to it too, but the backing just sucks!

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 08:57 PM
Learning Tone Guru
No offense taken audiopaal smile.gif

I just kept jamming arround with the track and every time it looped i´d add something to it. I have to be honest after i uploaded it i started to not quite be happy with the solo, not quite that dynamic is it? Kinda always arround the same register

--------------------

+Quote Post
Santiago Diaz Ga...
Jun 23 2009, 08:59 PM
Nice guitar man!! And your tone is very clear. I think that the things that is playing against you is that there's too much stops on the solo. You have to do it more fluid. But the rest is great. Great skills

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 09:16 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks Santiago smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Marek Rojewski
Jun 23 2009, 09:18 PM
Experienced Guitar Lord
I would make the backingtrack bit lauder, and maybe change dynamics a little. Very nice technique, I also agree with people, that the backingtrack for this comp is poor..

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 23 2009, 09:32 PM
QUOTE (DaniHel @ Jun 23 2009, 09:57 PM) *
No offense taken audiopaal smile.gif

I just kept jamming arround with the track and every time it looped i´d add something to it. I have to be honest after i uploaded it i started to not quite be happy with the solo, not quite that dynamic is it? Kinda always arround the same register

Good smile.gif

It might be because the backing, as people say, is boring.
But as Santiago says, the stops work against you.

I believe you can make something good of it though, just be more fluid smile.gif
You're good enough, so just keep at it smile.gif

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 09:35 PM
Learning Tone Guru
I just wanted to do the solo for the contest now im going to focus on that guitar master competition on GMC, i always loose track of that thread and can´t find it lool. So im going to work on making an interesting song, guess it´l be my attempt at solo guitar tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 23 2009, 09:42 PM
QUOTE (DaniHel @ Jun 23 2009, 10:35 PM) *
I just wanted to do the solo for the contest now im going to focus on that guitar master competition on GMC, i always loose track of that thread and can´t find it lool. So im going to work on making an interesting song, guess it´l be my attempt at solo guitar tongue.gif

Awesome, it's great your joining smile.gif
Looking forward to your entry!!

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 09:52 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Could you link me to the thread? I always loose track of it, need to bookmark it tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Alex Lewis
Jun 23 2009, 10:10 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
yeah i had a go too just for a laugh did some improv and some metal poses! check it out

--------------------

+Quote Post
audiopaal
Jun 23 2009, 10:30 PM
QUOTE (DaniHel @ Jun 23 2009, 10:52 PM) *
Could you link me to the thread? I always loose track of it, need to bookmark it tongue.gif

Competition thread

Upload thread

smile.gif

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 23 2009, 10:36 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks, it´s 22:39 here but i´l start working on it

--------------------

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Jun 24 2009, 02:42 PM
Instructor
DaniHel you have excellent technique man. I think you need to work more on structure into your solos. Intro , development, outro, repetition etc you get the idea smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 24 2009, 03:00 PM
Learning Tone Guru
Thanks Pedja smile.gif

I´m doing a new solo on a backing track for another youtube competition, i´ll try to be better on that one!

This post has been edited by DaniHel: Jun 24 2009, 03:00 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
coloneldrew
Jun 24 2009, 05:03 PM
I suggest you do it without pajama pants.

+Quote Post
DaniHel
Jun 24 2009, 05:27 PM
Learning Tone Guru
But they are so comfortable smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:10 PM