Looking For A Gig Amplifier
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 2 2019, 12:34 AM
GMC:er
Hello folks.
So ive been working with some dudes. Trying to make some music and we already got some gigs dates around winter time.

Which means, ill need some gear.
My main focus right now is getting a new amp for gigs and rehearsals.
Because right now all I got is an almost 10"years old roland cube.
Bugdet is around 1200€ or 1350usd. But I have no idea what to look for that can provide the sound that I have in my head.

I am not looking for something high gain or metal and I could care less about build in effects.
I am just looking something with a good clean and some dirtiesh clean/over drive that you could bite with.

I am sorry being this vague. But I am pretty noob when it comes to this kind of stuff.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by MonkeyDAthos: Jul 2 2019, 03:04 AM

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Jul 3 2019, 02:09 AM
Learning Tone Master
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 2 2019, 12:34 AM) *
Hello folks.
So ive been working with some dudes. Trying to make some music and we already got some gigs dates around winter time.

Bugdet is around 1200€ or 1350usd. But I have no idea what to look for that can provide the sound that I have in my head.

I am not looking for something high gain or metal and I could care less about build in effects.
I am just looking something with a good clean and some dirtiesh clean/over drive that you could bite with.

I am sorry being this vague. But I am pretty noob when it comes to this kind of stuff.

I would find an amp with solid state amplification , yes you give up a little tone , but for reliability , and on the tone side only you would probably even be able to tell. I would start with a Harley benton 212 cab which are getting great reveiws for a few https://www.thomannmusic.com/harley_benton_g212_vintage.htm which would leave a good budget left for an amp and a few pedals

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 3 2019, 04:31 AM
Here ya go smile.gif Plenty loud, sounds great clean, classic amp that will hold on to it's value. I give you, the Roland JC120 about $1000 new.
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/JC1...tereo-combo-amp

QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 1 2019, 07:34 PM) *
Hello folks.

+Quote Post
Mertay
Jul 3 2019, 09:58 AM
I still keep my old Peavey 50w amp, it was loud enough for even open-air small crowd environments. Here is a video I remembered;

Not sharing because the amp but 50-60w with 12" speaker seems to be a good minimum. Amps can get as loud as needed but carrying them around is the main problem so keep that in mind too.

Also yeah non-tube makes sense. A fender hotrod deluxe is probably the most famous option for these kind of needs, but having tubes usually a hardcase is made for them by regularly gig'ing musicians. But if you're comfortable with the idea as to not going to do a lot of gig's and have a comfy space for it, then the Fender is a very safe option (works great with pedals too if needed).

This post has been edited by Mertay: Jul 3 2019, 10:00 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
klasaine
Jul 3 2019, 01:48 PM
1200 euros can get you new Marshall tube combo with money to spare. Good clean and dirty tones.
The origin 50 is only about 700 euros via Thomann.

A marshall dsl40 is probably 800 euros.

*Personally, I'd go with a tube amp. If you take care of them and don't bang them around when you transport them, they last plenty long. Don't order one to be delivered unless you can service a damaged tube socket yourself. Buy from a shop and get a warranty.

Lotta options for quality gear in your price range.

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jul 3 2019, 04:31 PM
Instructor
You won't get wrong if you go for any Fender, Marshall or Vox combo.

Check Fender's amp demos playlist, just as an example:

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
MonkeyDAthos
Jul 4 2019, 02:17 AM
Cheers for the suggestions!

Think I'll be able to go to a Warehouse/Shop by the end of the month,
And from what I see they have most of the models suggest here. So I think I'll probably bring my guitar and try them out.

--------------------
It's a proven fact that guitar faces have a bigger impact on tone than wood does.

+Quote Post
Todd Simpson
Jul 4 2019, 06:35 AM
Good plan!!!! Always try before you buy if at all possible. I know it's not always possible for many folks as they just dont live near a place they can go to try stuff out so some folks have no choice but to get as much advice as possible and just go for it.

Bring your axe, spend some time.

Todd
QUOTE (MonkeyDAthos @ Jul 3 2019, 09:17 PM) *
Cheers for the suggestions!

Think I'll be able to go to a Warehouse/Shop by the end of the month,
And from what I see they have most of the models suggest here. So I think I'll probably bring my guitar and try them out.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:19 AM