Other Talents, ...Not just in music!
VinceG
Dec 20 2007, 11:48 PM
GMC:er
QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Dec 21 2007, 03:34 AM) *
Oh yeah, the "special water" laugh.gif

"special water" laugh.gif

Sorry I watch too much Futurama.

Did you know Adult Swim's contract with Futurama will end in January. I'm deeply saddened.

Edited for language. Tony

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by tonymiro: Dec 21 2007, 12:20 PM

--------------------
METAL SUCKS

My Last.fm account. View it for all the terrible music I play on a daily basis
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 22 2007, 03:26 AM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Dec 21 2007, 08:13 AM) *
I bake too...

Unfortunately I'm not very good at baking cookies. unsure.gif

It looks like a cookie cake!!! laugh.gif Not a bad thing...
I like swimming. Grade 4 piano. That's about it. unsure.gif sad.gif dry.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Kevin98497
Dec 24 2007, 08:03 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Dec 20 2007, 07:13 PM) *
I bake too...

mmmmmm alien blob square!

+Quote Post
AdamWest
Dec 29 2007, 03:10 PM
QUOTE (botoxfox @ Dec 21 2007, 06:13 AM) *
I bake too...

Hey, id eat it, a cookie is a cookie. wink.gif

Well, im good at being a couch potato. biggrin.gif I also figure that im good with computers, i wish i was as familiar with computers as i was guitar unsure.gif

--------------------
My Gear:

-Nature by Jixing Electric guitar (E30 Model)
-JX-6520 30W Amplifier w/ headphones

-IPB Image-
-IPB Image-
-IPB Image-
-IPB Image-
-IPB Image-

+Quote Post
Iluha
Dec 29 2007, 03:17 PM
Well I'm a great swimmer, when I was 16 I broke the Israeli record for 100m freestyle, but not officially cause I practiced privatly and never took part in any competition sad.gif

--------------------

My Latest Upload: Here!

My Practice Agenda/Blog: Here!

+Quote Post
botoxfox
Dec 29 2007, 03:41 PM

This post has been edited by botoxfox: Apr 22 2011, 08:58 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post
shellshock1911
Dec 31 2007, 05:04 AM
I have no luck at anything at all ever, and so when I was born I was given no natural talent in anything whatsoever, so the only things I am good at are the only two things in the world that require no natural talent, music, and weight-lifting/running/fitness.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tomy Jeon
Dec 31 2007, 05:29 AM
QUOTE (Iluha @ Dec 30 2007, 03:17 AM) *
Well I'm a great swimmer, when I was 16 I broke the Israeli record for 100m freestyle, but not officially cause I practiced privatly and never took part in any competition sad.gif

That's amazing!!! ohmy.gif ohmy.gif ohmy.gif Ninja speed! ph34r.gif

QUOTE (shellshock1911 @ Dec 31 2007, 05:04 PM) *
I have no luck at anything at all ever, and so when I was born I was given no natural talent in anything whatsoever, so the only things I am good at are the only two things in the world that require no natural talent, music, and weight-lifting/running/fitness.

You'll find your natural talent soon. Try new stuff out smile.gif

--------------------
IPB Image
Obi-Wan Kenobi dislikes babies!

+Quote Post
Tuubsu
Dec 31 2007, 03:32 PM
I used to be a pretty promising bodybuilder...
When I was just 15 years old I, Benchpressed 120kg easily, squatted around 150-160kg and
deadlifted 160-170 kg, my arms were about 40-41cm(15,6-16inch.) can't remember any other measurements.

after that I cracked my right shoulder twice and my left knee ones(knee in MMA)
Then when I finally seemed to get things rolling a little better, I got this condition called overtraining(I think that's what is in english) and that condition is actually a lot worse the it sounds, your muscles heal slower, all your results start to drop slowly, you feel like doing nothing all the time, you are very tired all the time, you feel little soreness on your joints, and the recovery can take many many weeks and ofcourse you must stay away from the gym during the recovery... dry.gif

During that recovery time I started playing guitar seriously and after the recovery I just didn't feel like going to the gym anymore. I have been thinking about restarting that hobby, but we'll see...

Now what comes to my excersising, I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and play the guitar all night long...
rolleyes.gif

--------------------
Anyone can learn to play fast, like anyone can learn to type quickly. But not everyone can write a book.
- Yngwie J. Malmsteen

Idols:

Jason Becker (ex-Cacophony, ex-David Lee Roth, Solo)
Marty Friedman (ex-Cacophony, ex-Megadeth, Solo)
Niccolo Paganini (Solo)
Eddie Van Halen (Van Halen....Duh!)
Frederic Chopin (Solo)

+Quote Post
stratman33
Jan 3 2008, 06:51 PM
QUOTE (Tuubsu @ Dec 31 2007, 09:32 AM) *
Now what comes to my excersising, I smoke two packs of cigarettes a day and play the guitar all night long...
rolleyes.gif

well thats a real great way to exercise dry.gif

tongue.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Philippe
Jan 4 2008, 08:13 AM
Karate and snowboarding. I used to be quite good at snowboarding but I'm not that much into it now.

+Quote Post
JasoninOhio
Jan 23 2008, 09:04 PM
QUOTE (Smikey2006 @ Dec 19 2007, 03:26 PM) *
Im a world champion sleeper.. but i don't think it counts as a talant.. I can swim (used to race in highschool) and i .... can't do too much else smile.gif

If you could swim sleeping...now that would be a talent!

--------------------
My gear includes:
An acoustic Alvarez RD20CU
An electric Ibanez GR10
An electric Yamaha-on loan to my younger brother
Another electric Ibanez-I don't play it much
And an electric Kramer-in pieces awaiting another paint job (this is year 7 I believe)
Peavey Renown 212

And some various pedals as well as a BOSS BR1600 studio.

+Quote Post
Robin
Jan 23 2008, 09:08 PM
Hmm... I was a really good WoW player, ROFL! Lame, I know...

+Quote Post
Gen
Jan 23 2008, 09:19 PM
I can draw a little bit smile.gif
but i dont really practice anymore..

--------------------
"Fact is, nothing in the world bores me more than gear...If I played thru your rig, I would still sound like me. Van Halen would sound like Van Halen. Brian May...etc. Very early in my career I decided to focus on creating music and not being a guitar tech. Being a good guitar tech is a very different and extremely difficult job, so why not leave it to a pro?"

Marty Friedman -

Guitars: ESP LTD viper-500, a fake strat and an acoustic guitar( dont know the brand)
Amp: Randall RX20R
Effects: Boss mt 2 distortion pedal, Line 6 pod floor plus

+Quote Post
fatb0t
Jan 23 2008, 09:56 PM
I live near the ocean, so I surf! Computers is my original hobby, but now most of my free time goes to guitar =)

I can't wait for summer, I hate surfing in the winter, water is too freakin' cold!

I am also into working out, I stopped a while and did what Tuubsu did, smoke cigarettes and play guitar all day. My endurence when through the floor and my body was starting to atrophe, so I'm in the gym every other day again!

+Quote Post
Mr T
Jan 23 2008, 11:20 PM
I've done quite a bit of long distance running over the past year, participating in a couple events in the Netherlands. Used to hate running, now I love it.

And another quite recent passion of mine is Floorball, for which I train 3 times a week and play competition in the weekends.

None of the above is at a very high level, but it's good enough for me to enjoy smile.gif

--------------------

Roland Cube 30; Toneport GX; Cort kx1; Ibanez RG1570; Ibanez EW35ABE-NT

http://www.last.fm/user/Mr_T83

+Quote Post
Luciana Segovia
Jan 27 2008, 01:52 AM
Singing Instructor
I think I'm good at sports: I used to play hockey on lawn. And I've been training with the Argentine selection for one year!.- tongue.gif

and now I dance hip hop, jazz and other styles in a competition group!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Nobody
Jan 27 2008, 02:11 AM
Hm.. When I had the time to play I was pretty good at Freestyle Footbag but had real fun with Footbag on a Net. It's like volleyball but it's much harder since you have to hit a very small "ball"(the footbag) and you play only with your feet. Here's a video to get the idea.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=RQR77E7F-O8

And the other thing I really regret for having to quit was breakdancing. After 6-7 years dancing nearly all of my brightest memories are connected with it. The dancing in the neighborhood with a big casette player with people from all around the city coming to see us... The dance competitions which were really fun... But then I had a very big problem with some kind of nerves on my neck and had to stop dancing :/

Ah and the other thing I'm very good at - looking stupid on photos. For my new job I needed a photo and went to get one.. And it was a disaster again biggrin.gif In the moment I know someone's taking a photo I put the most stupid face ever biggrin.gif Damn..

Hristian biggrin.gif

--------------------
ARM THE HOMELESS!!

IPB Image

+Quote Post
leedbreak
Jan 27 2008, 02:29 AM
I spent many years of my life fishing for bass. Had some decent luck in tournaments but fell in love all over again with these six strings. Now I would rather stay home and play while my bass boat collects dust. We used to say the 10% of fishermen catch 90% of the fis, I feel I am in the 10% when I go. cool.gif

This post has been edited by leedbreak: Jan 27 2008, 02:30 AM

--------------------
- leedbreak

Practice Makes Perfect, only when it is perfect practice :-)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V  < 1 2 3
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 06:09 PM