> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
George Ilio's Thread
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 11 2014, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hi George!! This is your thread for Gab's Army. Here I will help you with your guitar progress and many other things to help you to become a more complete musician.

This is your info:

Name: George Ilio
Playing since: 7 November 2013 (aproximately 3 months)
Influences: Down, Kyuss, Fu Manchu, Spiritual Beggars, Alice in Chains, Lamb of God, Disturbed, Opeth, Katatonia
Diary practice: 2 hours every day
Goals: To become a good guitar player and musician!

What lessons have you been practicing here?
What equipment and computer do you have? Maybe I can help you to record your playing.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 11 2014, 02:46 PM
GMC:er

What lessons have you been practicing here?
What equipment and computer do you have? Maybe I can help you to record your playing.
[/quote]

Just became a member! I started practicing the first step lesson series!
As far as equipment is concerned, i have a left-handed Ibanez SA260fm gutiar, a Marshall Amp and a very common computer which is not capable of doing many things. Actually I feel quite lost...I don't know if I can record myself sad.gif
I have Windows 7
And I have a camera for Skype and stuff.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 11 2014, 03:22 PM
Sorry Camera not working but I will have this problem solved within a few days...
So Gabriel, what do you think should be my first step???

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2014, 01:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 11 2014, 11:22 AM) *
Sorry Camera not working but I will have this problem solved within a few days...
So Gabriel, what do you think should be my first step???

Ok mate! These are our first two works to do:

1. Set your computer to be able to record audio.

To make everything the cheaper and smoother and I will recommend you free software. Then you can upgrade to paid one, but it doesn't mean that there is a big difference in the quality you'll get. Please download Reaper, install it in your computer and let me know when it's ready. There is a free version here: http://www.reaper.fm/

2. Continue working on first steps lessons. Please tell me which ones you've worked and what you felt.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 12 2014, 01:58 PM

Installed the program successfully, but no idea how it works.

2. Continue working on first steps lessons. Please tell me which ones you've worked and what you felt.

To tell you the truth I'm kinda bored with the beginner series, although I appreciate their value. Perhaps you could reccomend an easy lesson of yours if you'd like

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 12 2014, 02:54 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 12 2014, 09:58 AM) *

Installed the program successfully, but no idea how it works.

To tell you the truth I'm kinda bored with the beginner series, although I appreciate their value. Perhaps you could reccomend an easy lesson of yours if you'd like

1. Excellent! Well. You can let this 11 minutes video for tomorrow because I want to keep my word when I said just "15 minutes every day". So this is the plan:

Tomorrow: Watch this video

Thursday:
Download the driver and amp emulator and install them.

Friday:
Start experimenting with it.

2. These are my suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Classi...nk-Sex-Pistols/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Classic-Punk-Ramones/

PS: I didn't say to you that this would take 15 minutes each day... hahaha. But I wanted to say it. biggrin.gif Let's focus on guitar playing and dedicate a few amount of time to set up your recording gear. biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Gabriel Leopardi: Feb 12 2014, 03:05 PM

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 13 2014, 05:26 PM

1. Excellent! Well. You can let this 11 minutes video for tomorrow because I want to keep my word when I said just "15 minutes every day". So this is the plan:

Tomorrow: Watch this video

Thursday:
Download the driver and amp emulator and install them.

Friday:
Start experimenting with it.

Already downloaded the software, because I'll be on vacation for 3 days!! Seems really nice!!! Thank you smile.gif

2. These are my suggestions:

https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Classi...nk-Sex-Pistols/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/solo-guit...sciante-lesson/
https://www.guitarmasterclass.net/ls/Classic-Punk-Ramones/

For classic Punk Ramones: I find it easy as far as the power chords are concerned, but I have some trouble with alternate picking more than one string at a time, so I am using only downstrokes...Any suggestion about my picking hand?(angle, place, or whatever you think is important) Thanksss

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2014, 07:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 13 2014, 01:26 PM) *
For classic Punk Ramones: I find it easy as far as the power chords are concerned, but I have some trouble with alternate picking more than one string at a time, so I am using only downstrokes...Any suggestion about my picking hand?(angle, place, or whatever you think is important) Thanksss

Hi mate, I'm recording a video for you! It's be uploaded in some minutes.

Cheers!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2014, 08:23 PM
Instructor

Let me know if it helps!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 13 2014, 09:32 PM
Really helped Gabriel!!! Thank you!!! I'm gonna work it out!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 13 2014, 10:16 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 13 2014, 05:32 PM) *
Really helped Gabriel!!! Thank you!!! I'm gonna work it out!!!

Great! I recorded the video with my cellphone. Maybe you can borrow one to show me a bit your playing...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 14 2014, 06:57 AM

Great! I recorded the video with my cellphone. Maybe you can borrow one to show me a bit your playing...

That sounds good!!! Ok I'll try recording something with my cell phone and I will upload it here! But this will happen in a couple of days, since today I'm leaving town...See you soon!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 14 2014, 11:34 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 14 2014, 02:57 AM) *

That sounds good!!! Ok I'll try recording something with my cell phone and I will upload it here! But this will happen in a couple of days, since today I'm leaving town...See you soon!!!

Ok! This sounds good! Have a great time! See you back. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 17 2014, 01:51 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 14 2014, 10:34 AM) *
Ok! This sounds good! Have a great time! See you back. smile.gif

I used a camera and I created an mp4 file but it cannot be uploaded...I don't know what's going on...

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 17 2014, 07:43 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 17 2014, 09:51 AM) *
I used a camera and I created an mp4 file but it cannot be uploaded...I don't know what's going on...

Are you using a youtube account?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 12:53 AM
Instructor

Hi mate! I got the video via PM!! It works great! We can go for this videos for the mentoring thread! Your rhythm guitar ability sounds very good. You are more than a beginner. Congrats friend!

Your right hand looks very good, just remember to relax it a bit more, it's not urgent but your should tend to it.

Have you started with the suggestions that I gave?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 18 2014, 12:59 AM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 17 2014, 11:53 PM) *
Hi mate! I got the video via PM!! It works great! We can go for this videos for the mentoring thread! Your rhythm guitar ability sounds very good. You are more than a beginner. Congrats friend!

Your right hand looks very good, just remember to relax it a bit more, it's not urgent but your should tend to it.

Have you started with the suggestions that I gave?

Thank you very much for your good words!!!
Actually I was going to start tomorrow with the Metallica if you don't mind, cause it's mindblowing....!!!
I think I can get it, although the solo part seems difficult to me, because of it's speed!
Thanks for the advise. Since I am a left handed you were talking about my fretting hand right???
Also what would you suggest? Should I check your other lessons, or can I give it a try to the metallica one???

Thank you Gabriel!!!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 01:32 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 17 2014, 08:59 PM) *
Thank you very much for your good words!!!
Actually I was going to start tomorrow with the Metallica if you don't mind, cause it's mindblowing....!!!
I think I can get it, although the solo part seems difficult to me, because of it's speed!
Thanks for the advise. Since I am a left handed you were talking about my fretting hand right???
Also what would you suggest? Should I check your other lessons, or can I give it a try to the metallica one???

Thank you Gabriel!!!

hahah ups, I was wrong! I was talking about your picking hand, your left. biggrin.gif

Metallica's lesson would be a great lesson to continue. It includes riffing and soloing and you will be able to master it soon. Let's go for it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
George Ilio
Feb 18 2014, 02:00 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 18 2014, 12:32 PM) *
hahah ups, I was wrong! I was talking about your picking hand, your left. biggrin.gif

Metallica's lesson would be a great lesson to continue. It includes riffing and soloing and you will be able to master it soon. Let's go for it!

Sounds nice Gabriel, thank you!!!
If any problem occurs, I 'll let you know!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 18 2014, 02:05 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (George Ilio @ Feb 18 2014, 10:00 AM) *
Sounds nice Gabriel, thank you!!!
If any problem occurs, I 'll let you know!

yes, please. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th March 2024 - 05:02 AM