2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Rescuing Runaways ?
Ben Higgins
Feb 4 2012, 08:10 PM
Instructor
This morning, as me and my girlfriend approached the horse's stables we could hear dogs barking. Turns out that 2 dogs were in the hay store, next to the stables. They had most likely been there all night as the smaller dog was shivering terribly. We don't know where they came from and they had no collars or name tags so we had to take them back home with us (in a single cab pickup truck with 2 seats so I had the pleasure of 2 dogs sat on me). They were both female, looked very well kept and really lovely.

A few hours and loads of phone calls to authorities later, my girlfriend took them to a local vet to scan them for microchips. Luckily the scan picked up the info of the dog's owner and they rang the owner who collected them.

Here they are.. I wanted a pic of them while they were still with us:

Attached Image

Has anybody else had to rescue stray or runaway animals ?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Feb 4 2012, 08:14 PM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I've taken In about 5 cats and 2 dogs. my friend and I used to always take care of strays. All of his dogs are former strays, and with the exception of my current pets, all mine were too.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Feb 4 2012, 09:16 PM
Instructor
Well done Ben! smile.gif
One year ago, me and my ex-girlfriend saw how a car hurt a dog in front of us and didn't stop to help it. mad.gif
We take the dog to the veterinarian and heal it. We take care of him for some months until his hurt leg was fine again and then we searched for a new owner ('cause we already had 3 dogs!). I can't understand a person that run over and hurts a dog and don't stop to help him.

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 5 2012, 09:44 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Feb 4 2012, 08:16 PM) *
Well done Ben! smile.gif
One year ago, me and my ex-girlfriend saw how a car hurt a dog in front of us and didn't stop to help it. mad.gif
We take the dog to the veterinarian and heal it. We take care of him for some months until his hurt leg was fine again and then we searched for a new owner ('cause we already had 3 dogs!). I can't understand a person that run over and hurts a dog and don't stop to help him.

That's a great thing that you did Gab. The same thing happened to one of ours years ago.. her leg was badly mashed up and the driver never stopped. Thankfully she was ok .. now she's just as annoying as ever smile.gif

QUOTE (The Uncreator @ Feb 4 2012, 07:14 PM) *
I've taken In about 5 cats and 2 dogs. my friend and I used to always take care of strays. All of his dogs are former strays, and with the exception of my current pets, all mine were too.

Woah, you're a veteran, man smile.gif

I don't know if you guys ever got the feeling of 'Of all the places they could have gone, why did I have to find them?' I look at it in this kind of way: They had to be found by us because somebody else might not have cared. Like fate led them to someone who wouldn't just turn them away.

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 6 2012, 09:02 AM
Instructor
Yesterday, one of my bandmates from Aria, found a half frozen pidgeon on his car and was ready to take it home and see that it heals and warms up, till a guy came and asked that he would take it as he was fond of pidgeons. Hope he didn't make a stew out of it sad.gif

Anyway, I got a big issue with the stray dogs. I think I already told you about the huge pack living on the deserted field near my home...

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 6 2012, 09:29 AM
Instructor
Never had a chance of doing such a good dead, but I really like animals, it's always wrong to see them suffer. Very nice of you Ben for helping them out.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 6 2012, 09:41 AM
Moderator - low level high stakes
Lots of stray dogs and cats where we live in the campo sadly.

Our dog Mo was an abandoned dog left at a local restaurant. The restaurant owner tried to look after him but he got in the way too much so we took him in. When he first came to us he used to answer to the name 'Toma' even though he's called Momo/Geronimo. People at the restaurant used to give Mo food and at the same time say 'Toma' and he thought it was his name. Toma is a way of saying 'you take/you have this' and though.

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 6 2012, 10:36 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 6 2012, 08:02 AM) *
Yesterday, one of my bandmates from Aria, found a half frozen pidgeon on his car and was ready to take it home and see that it heals and warms up, till a guy came and asked that he would take it as he was fond of pidgeons. Hope he didn't make a stew out of it sad.gif

Anyway, I got a big issue with the stray dogs. I think I already told you about the huge pack living on the deserted field near my home...

Oh man.. that's not soething you expect to find on your car is it ?

QUOTE (Ivan Milenkovic @ Feb 6 2012, 08:29 AM) *
Never had a chance of doing such a good dead, but I really like animals, it's always wrong to see them suffer. Very nice of you Ben for helping them out.

Yeah, wasn't sure what else to do.. we couldn't leave them there and I'm glad we took the time to make sure they got back to their owner safely.

QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 6 2012, 08:41 AM) *
Lots of stray dogs and cats where we live in the campo sadly.

Our dog Mo was an abandoned dog left at a local restaurant. The restaurant owner tried to look after him but he got in the way too much so we took him in. When he first came to us he used to answer to the name 'Toma' even though he's called Momo/Geronimo. People at the restaurant used to give Mo food and at the same time say 'Toma' and he thought it was his name. Toma is a way of saying 'you take/you have this' and though.

That's great. We can't really imagine how good it must feel for these animals to finally get some care and consistency in their lives after going from one place to another.

+Quote Post
llibach
Feb 7 2012, 10:33 PM
Learning Rock Star
A few years ago my missus saw a kitten in the middle of the road where she works, was definately a stray because it was covered in fleas and one eye was cloudy. Took it to the vet who gave us something for the parasites and told us to watch the eye in case it got worse. After a few days the eye started to swell and was like a marble sticking out of it's head so he had to have it removed and was only about 6-8 weeks old. All went well and went to pick him up which cost me 175 british pounds huh.gif But he was a character, named him Hendrix, after guess who? biggrin.gif Sadly he died a couple of years ago. sad.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 11:54 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (llibach @ Feb 7 2012, 09:33 PM) *
A few years ago my missus saw a kitten in the middle of the road where she works, was definately a stray because it was covered in fleas and one eye was cloudy. Took it to the vet who gave us something for the parasites and told us to watch the eye in case it got worse. After a few days the eye started to swell and was like a marble sticking out of it's head so he had to have it removed and was only about 6-8 weeks old. All went well and went to pick him up which cost me 175 british pounds huh.gif But he was a character, named him Hendrix, after guess who? biggrin.gif Sadly he died a couple of years ago. sad.gif

That's great that you guys took him in.. so sad about his eye though. I can't stand it how people just cast animals out without a care. It's great that he had some good years with you guys. smile.gif

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
Feb 8 2012, 12:46 PM
GMC:er
In the course of my life we have had around 12 dogs. All but 5 of them are dogs from the pound or taken in from people who tried to get rid of them. We just found out that the one was an all out stray, she was very unhealthy when she was a pup living on the streets day to day. I would like to say she is 2 years old and doing great!

In our house me and my parents all work different schedules so that pretty much someone is always at home with the animals. They have a nice sized backyard to run in. Tons of toys to play with scattered all over the house. (They don't seem to understand the put it back when your done with it theory laugh.gif). They are pretty spoiled they get to go for car rides at least 2 times a week and so on.

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 12:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 8 2012, 11:46 AM) *
In the course of my life we have had around 12 dogs. All but 5 of them are dogs from the pound or taken in from people who tried to get rid of them. We just found out that the one was an all out stray, she was very unhealthy when she was a pup living on the streets day to day. I would like to say she is 2 years old and doing great!

In our house me and my parents all work different schedules so that pretty much someone is always at home with the animals. They have a nice sized backyard to run in. Tons of toys to play with scattered all over the house. (They don't seem to understand the put it back when your done with it theory laugh.gif). They are pretty spoiled they get to go for car rides at least 2 times a week and so on.

Man that's awesome ! Love the fact they have toys laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Saoirse O'Shea
Feb 8 2012, 01:02 PM
Moderator - low level high stakes
QUOTE (SpaseMoonkey @ Feb 8 2012, 11:46 AM) *
...They are pretty spoiled they get to go for car rides at least 2 times a week and so on.

A little OT - sorry Ben...

I can never understand why my wife puts our dog in the car to drive him someplace for a walk. We live in the countryside and we own a 4 acre field behind our house rolleyes.gif .

--------------------
Get your music professionally mastered by anl AES registered Mastering Engineer. Contact me for Audio Mastering Services and Advice and visit our website www.miromastering.com

Be friends on facebook with us here.

We use professional, mastering grade hardware in our mastering studo. Our hardware includes:
Cranesong Avocet II Monitor Controller, Dangerous Music Liasion Insert Hardware Router, ATC SCM Pro Monitors, Lavry Black DA11, Prism Orpheus ADC/DAC, Gyratec Gyraf XIV Parallel Passive Mastering EQ, Great River MAQ 2NV Mastering EQ, Kush Clariphonic Parallel EQ Shelf, Maselec MLA-2 Mastering Compressor, API 2500 Mastering Compressor, Eventide Eclipse Reverb/Echo.

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 8 2012, 01:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (tonymiro @ Feb 8 2012, 12:02 PM) *
A little OT - sorry Ben...

I can never understand why my wife puts our dog in the car to drive him someplace for a walk. We live in the countryside and we own a 4 acre field behind our house rolleyes.gif .

Very true !! I think the same thing when I see epople driving out somewhere just to walk the dogs smile.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 8 2012, 05:02 PM
Instructor
I finally managed to convince my big dog to come inside - the last few days have been incredibly nasty sad.gif and I found him all curled up at the front door and having snow on his fur. Well, he doesn't like going inside and I had to sway him for about 20 minutes. Once he was in he settled quite nicely smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 11:00 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 8 2012, 04:02 PM) *
I finally managed to convince my big dog to come inside - the last few days have been incredibly nasty sad.gif and I found him all curled up at the front door and having snow on his fur. Well, he doesn't like going inside and I had to sway him for about 20 minutes. Once he was in he settled quite nicely smile.gif

Wow, he's got his proper dog instincts dictating to him. Hopefully he's getting used to C-Maestro's castle now wink.gif

+Quote Post
Cosmin Lupu
Feb 9 2012, 11:47 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Feb 9 2012, 10:00 AM) *
Wow, he's got his proper dog instincts dictating to him. Hopefully he's getting used to C-Maestro's castle now wink.gif

smile.gif found him on a rug last night near the staircase - he started enjoying the heat biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 9 2012, 12:19 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Cosmin Lupu @ Feb 9 2012, 10:47 AM) *
smile.gif found him on a rug last night near the staircase - he started enjoying the heat biggrin.gif

They all succumb to the human comforts eventually biggrin.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Feb 19 2012, 04:47 PM
Instructor
As an update to this story, me and the GF went up to the stables a couple days ago to find a box of expensive chocolates hanging in a bag from a stable door. It was from the owner of the two dogs to say thank you because my girlfriend refused any reward or anything so he insisted he at least buy her some chocolate or something. We thought no more of it until we found them up there. Luckily the horses didn't find them first. I don't exactly have the best track record of animals and chocolate... wink.gif

But that's not the main update.. there's now a cat that's decided to live up there. It's a ginger female and looks really young. Not sure if she has a proper home or not.

Here we go again...!! tongue.gif

This post has been edited by Ben Higgins: Feb 19 2012, 04:48 PM

+Quote Post
AK Rich
Feb 24 2012, 06:19 PM
Learning Guitar Hero
Its great to see there are so many animal lovers here and it moves me reading all these stories of rescue and rehab.My hat is off to all of you and God bless you. For some reason my place seems to attract lost dogs, over the years Stacie and I have taken in and found the owners of about a half a dozen dogs including a couple sled dog pups that somehow got out of their kennel that turned out were owned by a local dog musher, and a beautiful Newfounland hound and Siberian husky owned by a family that had recently moved into this area. Its very rewarding to see little kids reunited with their pets. smile.gif

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 02:27 AM