Ax7 Steals Metallica?
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 26 2013, 02:49 AM
Instructor
Hey guys! I have seen a lot of discussions about this new song by AX7 which sounds very inspired by Metallica.

If I would compose a lesson in the style of Metallica, I would be proud of this one.... biggrin.gif

What do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DeGroot
Aug 27 2013, 03:07 AM
Experienced Guitar Hero
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 26 2013, 01:49 AM) *
Hey guys! I have seen a lot of discussions about this new song by AX7 which sounds very inspired by Metallica.

If I would compose a lesson in the style of Metallica, I would be proud of this one.... biggrin.gif

What do you think?

It is uncanny how much some of this sounds like Sad But True... mostly the first verse with the vocals.

I wonder what Lars will say about this? biggrin.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
uncguy4321
Aug 27 2013, 04:08 AM
GMC:er
Avenged , though i love the band, has always been derivative of Metallica and guns n roses, in my mind. Even before this song, I remember several songs of theirs that sounded like near copies of both metallica and GnR, but never to be considered plagiarized. More like you said -- "in the style of" smile.gif

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 27 2013, 08:48 AM
Instructor
Ha ha ha ha biggrin.gif Indeed sounds a bit like M smile.gif

How funny world is - many bands allover again uses those few old notes...but only when some famous band makes something similar sounding to the other famous band than it's an affair biggrin.gif

Remember the Gibson vs PRS process ? There were always tons of companies copying Les Paul almost like original but when PRS made a single cut, which is pretty different instrument, only a bit similar to LP....then....they wen to court smile.gif)) How ridicolous is that ?smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 27 2013, 12:41 PM
Instructor
It is a very clear and up front resemblance to a certain Metallica tune. But then again, if we were to round up every band that has been influenced by them then we'd all be guilty, wouldn't we ? smile.gif

I think there' been numerous accounts of Metallica themselves plagiarising other people's riffs too..

Never listened to Avenged before the other day... Brett (The Uncreator) posted another song on FB and I have to say, it's really listenable. Will I get shot for saying that ? wink.gif

+Quote Post
Taka Perry
Aug 27 2013, 12:44 PM
Learning Rock Star
My friend is a pretty big A7x fan, but from my understanding, he's not too fond of their latest album ohmy.gif I can see where he is coming from, I kinda think they've lost that 'A7x sound' that they had back in City of Evil and Nightmare smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
jstcrsn
Aug 27 2013, 01:22 PM
Learning Tone Master
ya, but someone had to sound like Metallica, their not laugh.gif

This post has been edited by jstcrsn: Aug 27 2013, 01:23 PM

+Quote Post
Slavenko Erazer
Aug 27 2013, 01:26 PM

This post has been edited by Slavenko Erazer: Aug 27 2013, 01:33 PM

+Quote Post
Ben Higgins
Aug 27 2013, 08:56 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (jstcrsn @ Aug 27 2013, 01:22 PM) *
ya, but someone had to sound like Metallica, their not laugh.gif

Ooooooh, comment of the day !! smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 27 2013, 11:02 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Taka Perry @ Aug 27 2013, 08:44 AM) *
My friend is a pretty big A7x fan, but from my understanding, he's not too fond of their latest album ohmy.gif I can see where he is coming from, I kinda think they've lost that 'A7x sound' that they had back in City of Evil and Nightmare smile.gif

I love the album Nightmare, it's fantastic. It's true that the overall sound of this track isn't close to the quality of that one. But I still like it.
I'm not very into their information but I heard that their drummer (rip) was very involved in composition. Is this true?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 28 2013, 11:32 PM
Instructor
From all this conversation I like Slav's empty post most biggrin.gif

But to be serious...I don't like people who think everything they do is original and it doesn't sound like anything else that was done before...at least as a part tongue.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 28 2013, 11:49 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Ben Higgins @ Aug 27 2013, 08:41 AM) *
It is a very clear and up front resemblance to a certain Metallica tune. But then again, if we were to round up every band that has been influenced by them then we'd all be guilty, wouldn't we ? smile.gif

I think there' been numerous accounts of Metallica themselves plagiarising other people's riffs too..

Never listened to Avenged before the other day... Brett (The Uncreator) posted another song on FB and I have to say, it's really listenable. Will I get shot for saying that ? wink.gif

I recommend you to start with this album which is my favourite. Mike Portnoy is the drummer on this one:

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Darius Wave
Aug 29 2013, 11:18 AM
Instructor
I did a short rehearsal of them while doing the metalcore series smile.gif

+Quote Post
liveOASISforever
Aug 29 2013, 07:16 PM
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Aug 27 2013, 11:02 PM) *
I love the album Nightmare, it's fantastic. It's true that the overall sound of this track isn't close to the quality of that one. But I still like it.
I'm not very into their information but I heard that their drummer (rip) was very involved in composition. Is this true?

Hi Gabriel

I really like A7X. I have to admit that I thought nightmare was a much better album but I still like Hail To The King.The Rev was involved in everything he was very talented its tragic that he passed away at such a young age.

One of my favourite songs from the new album smile.gif

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Aug 29 2013, 09:26 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (liveOASISforever @ Aug 29 2013, 03:16 PM) *
Hi Gabriel

I really like A7X. I have to admit that I thought nightmare was a much better album but I still like Hail To The King.The Rev was involved in everything he was very talented its tragic that he passed away at such a young age.

One of my favourite songs from the new album smile.gif

Thanks for the link. I'm listening to the track right now. It starts very EPIC. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 04:04 AM