Where I Was, Where I Am, Where I'm Going, My progress
edgor67
Oct 3 2007, 10:12 AM
GMC:er
Well, well, well. Ya know Kris I truly was impressed when I joined your site last Feb. After a 25 year guitar coma using the GMC site has truly brought me beyond the folk guitar player I was two decades ago. I’m on my 12th month of my return to playing guitar and I’m jamming on my Fender GDEC amp to the Blues 1, 2, and 3. I’m doing a slower jam using the Metal Blues (I have to refine the tapping). I’m working through the SRV lesson. I put a jam together in E using GMC Steve Vai riffs and other riffs I’ve picked up. I am confident I could do a blues jam in the key of E and A and hold my own, not sound mechanical and put some real feeling into it.

I’m practice using Vai’s workout from the magazine, 7 Maj scale boxes and 5 pentatonic boxes over the entire fretboard. I use your “how to practice guitar techniques” also. The metronome is instrumental. The biggest challenge I’ve taken on is teaching myself to sight read music. That is gonna take awhile but I take baby steps (1 e & a 2 e & a 3). I try to push my practice beyond two hours a night, which is hard to do and get sleep. I segment it through out the week. I keep trying to push it but the need to sleep for work gets in the way.

On the down side I have acquired an immune deficiency. I have caught Guitar Acquisition syndrome. It may be incurable. I have a ’72 Martin D-28, an ’06 Martin cut away, an American made Fender Stratocaster (which is a work horse) and a PRS CE-22. I bought a Martin backpacker so I can take it on business trips. My trips take me to some exotic places (helicopters and ships). I also bought an Ibanez bass for $180. in a local pawn shop. I have my eye on a Telecaster and a small Marshall amp. I need more power.

I’ve watched your site develop into a wealthy resource for the guitar player. My eventual goal is to shred and your site will get me there. Well done Kris. I look forward to the future. Maybe this year I’ll find someone to jam with. ROCK ON!

g

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by edgor67: Oct 3 2007, 10:15 AM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 05:56 AM