Michael Angelo Batio Style Request
MattE
Aug 23 2007, 11:35 AM
GMC:er
Ok...this is probably like asking a baby to do a hand stand...(which apaprently can be done o.o)
But I think a lesson in the style of Michael Angelo Batio would be cool

And no Pavel, your sweeping lessons dont count biggrin.gif

They're pretty kick ass already happy.gif

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nick325
Aug 23 2007, 11:42 AM
that would be awsome if someone could pull it off. but i dont think anyone has a double guitar tongue.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

+Quote Post
MattE
Aug 23 2007, 12:29 PM
haha XD
I was thinking more along the lines of a nice fresh exercise to help build our skills on sweep and speed picking
And maybe some tapping somewhere :]

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 23 2007, 12:47 PM
i can do cross handed tapping on a single neck if thats what your asking but its not too practical...

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 23 2007, 12:48 PM
Sounds like a great idea:)

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Sergeant_Ant
Aug 23 2007, 12:52 PM
its a fun way to show off wink.gif and its not too hard if you practice pavels legato lessons, it starts off with regular tapping like EVH and he starts tapping notes closer to eachother until he switches positions and yea... hard to explain, maybe ill try makin a vid smile.gif

--------------------
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix

"Whenever society gets too stifling and the rules get too complex, there's some sort of musical explosion" - Slash / Guns 'n Roses

"Play the music, not the instrument." - Author Unknown

Equpiment
Guitars: Ibanez RG350EX
Fender Stratocaster S-S-S
Effects: None
Amps: Fender SP-10

www.myspace.com/sergeantant

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 23 2007, 05:35 PM
Instructor
Ok, what exactly do you expect this lesson to contain? Alternate picking? GMC is full of it biggrin.gif Sweeping? Well, there are some sweeping lessons. Basically that's all MAB uses! laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

"PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE!" -- Michael Angelo Batio

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post
MattE
Aug 24 2007, 01:50 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 23 2007, 05:35 PM) *
Ok, what exactly do you expect this lesson to contain? Alternate picking? GMC is full of it biggrin.gif Sweeping? Well, there are some sweeping lessons. Basically that's all MAB uses! laugh.gif laugh.gif

We want to see more of your godly alternate and sweep picking in neoclassical form ;]

haha

Are there any Neo Classical theory lessons here?

+Quote Post
Andrew Cockburn
Aug 24 2007, 01:55 AM
Moderation Policy Director
QUOTE (MattE @ Aug 23 2007, 08:50 PM) *
Are there any Neo Classical theory lessons here?

Well theory doesn't usually have a lot to say about particular genres, its more about how you apply the theory but I know what you mean smile.gif There are no lessons on this yet, but there is a good post by Kaneda here.

This post has been edited by Andrew Cockburn: Aug 24 2007, 01:55 AM

--------------------
Check out my Instructor profile
Live long and prosper ...

My Stuff:

Electric Guitars : Ibanez Jem7v, Line6 Variax 700, Fender Plus Strat with 57/62 Pickups, Line6 Variax 705 Bass
Acoustic Guitars : Taylor 816ce, Martin D-15, Line6 Variax Acoustic 300 Nylon
Effects : Line6 Helix, Keeley Modded Boss DS1, Keeley Modded Boss BD2, Keeley 4 knob compressor, Keeley OxBlood
Amps : Epiphone Valve Jnr & Head, Cockburn A.C.1, Cockburn A.C.2, Blackstar Club 50 Head & 4x12 Cab

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 24 2007, 02:26 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (MattE @ Aug 24 2007, 02:50 AM) *
We want to see more of your godly alternate and sweep picking in neoclassical form ;]

Angelo is not actually Neoclassical guitarist! Sweep picking is on the way and also power metal riffing. i think last AP lesson will be enough for some time, ha?

--------------------
"It isn't how many years you have been playing, it's how many hours." -- Prashant Aswani

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2007, 04:18 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
I think if you just did a song or solo inspired by his work that would be cool, like something that would sound like its from Planet Gemini or Hand Without Shadows would be neat.

And your definetly the most qualified instructor here on GMC to do the lesson.

+Quote Post
Eat-Sleep-andJam
Aug 24 2007, 04:24 AM
QUOTE (Pavel @ Aug 23 2007, 05:26 PM) *
Angelo is not actually Neoclassical guitarist! Sweep picking is on the way and also power metal riffing. i think last AP lesson will be enough for some time, ha?

As much as I love all the lessons here it Gmc and im eager to have new ones, Pavel deserves a break.
Give new lesson requests a break for a little bit guys smile.gif

- John

--------------------
Join Me On the Lyrics Board !

"Find something worth dying for...

...And live for it"
-The Uncreator

+Quote Post
Pavel
Aug 24 2007, 04:41 AM
Instructor
Thanks guys!

I'll have a break when my new guitar arrives - i'll definitely be too occupied by getting to know a 7-string monster!

As for Angelo lesson - i'll try! smile.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
The Uncreator
Aug 24 2007, 04:45 AM
Fire Up The Blades, Moderator
Hey once you get your 7 string and get used to it, you could do a "Detuned lesson", like for some people like me who quite often tune there guitars down to B Standard and stuff. smile.gif

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 02:08 AM