Cologne [ 8 ] ** [19.51%]
Hamburg [ 7 ] ** [17.07%]
Total Votes: 41
Guests cannot vote 
Tolek
Feb 12 2009, 10:12 PM
Learning Rock Star
Hey guys!
Velvet Roger, chast and me are discussing our meeting right now. Fact is that most of people could come to Germany. Now, we still need to know what city you prefer? We selected 5 metropoles which are widespread in Germany. Also, it is important to know when this should happen, this time only the month, another more precise poll is going to follow.

So, please let us know what your preferences are.

Cheers,
Tolek

PS:
I made some research on the attractivity of the cities. Here are my results:
Frankfurt -> MusikSchmidt
Berlin -> Hardrock Cafe
Munich -> Hardrock Cafe
Köln -> MusicStore, Hardrock Cafe
Hamburg -> (reeperbahn (© by Roger) laugh.gif)

Opened until 19th February

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

This post has been edited by Tolek: Feb 12 2009, 10:47 PM
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Start new topic
Replies (1 - 19)
Pedja Simovic
Feb 12 2009, 10:22 PM
Instructor
I voted Munich and August.
I don't know if I could make it 100%, but estimate for expanses would very welcome smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 12 2009, 10:24 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 12 2009, 10:22 PM) *
I voted Munich and August.
I don't know if I could make it 100%, but estimate for expanses would very welcome smile.gif

Ok, fine. I hope a wonder happens and you can come. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Ajmurrell
Feb 12 2009, 10:24 PM
Learning Tone Master
Should be in Berlin in August with my girlfriend so it would work out well for me!

--------------------
GMC Travel Agent, at your service.

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 12 2009, 10:25 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 12 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Ok, fine. I hope a wonder happens and you can come. smile.gif

I have Visa shengen so I can come but financially I am worried thats all smile.gif

Keep me updated I will try to get like 1000$ on the side somehow for that event.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 12 2009, 10:27 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Ajmurrell @ Feb 12 2009, 10:24 PM) *
Should be in Berlin in August with my girlfriend so it would work out well for me!

Great! biggrin.gif Take your mum with you. We need someone who taps you on the back. laugh.gif

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 12 2009, 10:25 PM) *
I have Visa shengen so I can come but financially I am worried thats all smile.gif

Keep me updated I will try to get like 1000$ on the side somehow for that event.

Would be cool! smile.gif We try to make it as cheap as possible.

+Quote Post
SonofDestiny
Feb 12 2009, 10:31 PM
GMC:er
I am actually fine with every city, but I voted for Cologne as it is the closest to me. As for the month, July for me.

--------------------
Wishlist: the world.

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 12 2009, 10:53 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
My vote goes for August/Berlin, but i will be open for the other dates and locations as well. Cologne/Munich is even more practical for me.

My only concern is before to decide on the city, it could be good to define what's the goal of this meeting. If it's just for to meet an evening and spend some time together, all the locations are fine. If it's about to find a place to be on our own, spend a few days together, jam, discuss, etc, ... Berlin is a great place. The underground scene of bars and other locations is huge and quite cheap compared to settled major cities like the other 4. I would like to see a lot of GMCers there, so the budget is quite important i guess.

+Quote Post
Mrblomme
Feb 12 2009, 11:01 PM
Learning Apprentice Player
Voted for Cologne/August smile.gif

--------------------
Homer J. Simpson: Rockstars is there anything they dont know?

+Quote Post
chast
Feb 12 2009, 11:21 PM
Learning Roadie
QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 12 2009, 10:53 PM) *
My vote goes for August/Berlin, but i will be open for the other dates and locations as well. Cologne/Munich is even more practical for me.

My only concern is before to decide on the city, it could be good to define what's the goal of this meeting. If it's just for to meet an evening and spend some time together, all the locations are fine. If it's about to find a place to be on our own, spend a few days together, jam, discuss, etc, ... Berlin is a great place. The underground scene of bars and other locations is huge and quite cheap compared to settled major cities like the other 4. I would like to see a lot of GMCers there, so the budget is quite important i guess.

The goal of the meeting at first is to meet over one weekend, have a good time and jamming together.
Everything else like going to a concert is a nice bonus if it happens.

This post has been edited by chast: Feb 12 2009, 11:22 PM

--------------------
"They play it extremely fast, it doesn't make any sense, but it's Slayer so it makes a lot of sense" :)

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
Feb 12 2009, 11:29 PM
Instructor
Munich and August would suit me very nicely, since it is closer. Don't know about the Berlin tho, maybe I could pull it to there as well.

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
Bogdan Radovic
Feb 12 2009, 11:36 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
I voted for Berlin and August , but I can't make any promises because its hard for me to get the Visa to travel..And I have no idea what expences we are talking about.But I will do my best to pull something off smile.gif

This post has been edited by Bogdan Radovic: Feb 12 2009, 11:36 PM

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
berko
Feb 12 2009, 11:43 PM
August and Munich for me...

Munich is only due to practical reasons. If Berlin for example turns out to be cheaper overall (though I have no idea how) then I guess it'll suit me as well smile.gif

--------------------
High speed, low drag

Check out my YouTube channel
HERE!

Here you can find my
MYSPACE

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 12:37 AM
Instructor
I am with Andy here !

If we are meeting for couple of days budget will be important as hotel/hostel and food will be expensive, not to mention bars where drinks are 3 euros minimum smile.gif

I haven't been to Germany yet so I am very much looking forward to outcome of everything. Perhaps somebody who is close to Berlin and Munich can pull out some prices for hotels/hostels for all of us ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 13 2009, 12:44 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (berko @ Feb 12 2009, 11:43 PM) *
... If Berlin for example turns out to be cheaper overall (though I have no idea how) then I guess it'll suit me as well smile.gif

It is maybe hard to believe why Berlin could be a cheaper option. It's the capital of germany, but beside the government, all the headquarters and the main industry of german or international companies are still in cities like Hamburg, Munich, Frankfurt, .... Unemployment is quite high in Berlin. Big parts of Berlin are still today a bit "underdeveloped" because of the est-west story, means, a lot of empty buildings, used temporarily as bars, clubs etc.

Sorry, it's a bit obvious that i'm in love with Berlin smile.gif ... but living costs are way cheaper than other capital cities.

QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 13 2009, 12:37 AM) *
I haven't been to Germany yet so I am very much looking forward to outcome of everything. Perhaps somebody who is close to Berlin and Munich can pull out some prices for hotels/hostels for all of us ?

I don't live there anymore since a few years, but for Berlin i still have a lot of friends there, which i can ask to get informations.

This post has been edited by wrk: Feb 13 2009, 12:44 AM

+Quote Post
OrganisedConfusi...
Feb 13 2009, 12:51 AM
I voted August and Cologne but I'm fine for meeting any of those three months and any city. Apart from 14th, 15th and 16th August 2009 weekend.

--------------------
Gear
Guitars:- Caparison Horus Snowcloud, Parker Nitefly M, Parker Nitefly SA, Gibson SG, Parker P10e, 40 Year Old Spanish Acoustic
Amps:- Framus Ruby Riot 2x12" stack

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 13 2009, 12:54 AM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (wrk @ Feb 13 2009, 12:44 AM) *
I don't live there anymore since a few years, but for Berlin i still have a lot of friends there, which i can ask to get informations.

That´s a very useful information, thanks, we´ll use it maybe. smile.gif

+Quote Post
Pedja Simovic
Feb 13 2009, 12:55 AM
Instructor
QUOTE (Tolek @ Feb 13 2009, 12:54 AM) *
That´s a very useful information, thanks, we´ll use it maybe. smile.gif

You mean we will use his friends ? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
wrk
Feb 13 2009, 12:58 AM
Learning Tone Seeker
QUOTE (Pedja Simovic @ Feb 13 2009, 12:55 AM) *
You mean we will use his friends ? laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

laugh.giflaugh.gif ... friendships have to be tested sometime laugh.gif

+Quote Post
Tolek
Feb 13 2009, 01:01 AM
Learning Rock Star
Crazy guys! laugh.gif

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 04:55 AM