> HEY MAN, I really need your help...

...the thing is, I need you to start progressing faster then ever, but to achieve that I need your help:

* Don't know where to start? Just pm me and we will sort it out directly, I am online every day.

* Join My Army. Sounds aggressive? It is! We can study anything from the most fearsome picking techniques to bombastic songwriting. A medal of honor awaits the brave. Seriously, this is an opportunity for you to get a personalised learning experience...what are you waiting for?!

* Join my next video chat! GMC startpage holds a video chat schedule. We always cover a lot of ground and have fun. Remember that you don't need any previous knowledge, and you can be passive in the chat.

* Jam with me - you will find active collabs here.

* Post a topic on this board, guitar related or not - doesn't matter! You will find that chatting with instructors boosts your motivation to practice.

* You haven't missed my latest video lessons, have you?

* Finally I want to tell you a secret. Nah I changed my mind - pm me instead ;)

45 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > »   
Cael's Composition Workouts, for Gab's Army
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 9 2015, 03:10 PM
Instructor
Definitely! It's a great idea! I think that having a partner can bring motivation! Let's see what happens. Maybe you could search at this forum too... what do you think?

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
My lessons

Do you need a Guitar Plan?
Join Gab's Army

Check my band:Cirse
Check my soundcloud:Soundcloud

Please subscribe to my:Youtube Channel
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Apr 28 2015, 07:49 AM
Learning Rock Star
Damn, it's hard finding someone who's on the same wavelength as one self.

Also, on another note, my girlfriend of 4 years broke up with me, so I'm kinda hitting rock bottom at the moment.

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------

Check out my TikTok! - or check out my GMC video comments on YouTube

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Apr 28 2015, 09:05 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, I'm sorry about it. Yes, it's difficult to find a partner at first, but once you create a solid project, there will be a lot of musicians that will want to join so maybe using this time to create your own project is a clever idea.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 10 2015, 05:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
*knock knock*

Hey Gabriel,

I've not been playing guitar a lot recently, but since last thursday I've been working with a teacher, who I'm seeing tomorrow as well. Every thursday is the plan. He's not an actual teacher, but it's more just like sitting and jamming, and last time we started working on one of the songs I have been working on. Very nice! I think he talked about that we could try and record it tomorrow at their place.

But...yeah, I'm sorry for not being more active lately. I wish I could find the motivation to play some more guitar and work on my own material.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 11 2015, 01:40 PM
Instructor
Hi Cael! Nice to hear from you!

That's a cool decision. Jamming with other musicians is usually very inspiring and keeps us motivated to learn new things, new licks and new concepts. Maybe you could use it as an excuse to work on 1 topic each week and then apply what you've worked during the week on the jam session.

Concepts like:

- Vibrato
- Bending
- Ornamentation
- Playing thirds
- Playing sixths
- Following the chords
- Dynamics
- Playing horizontally

What do you think?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 12 2015, 12:40 PM
Learning Rock Star
QUOTE (Gabriel Leopardi @ Jun 11 2015, 01:40 PM) *
Hi Cael! Nice to hear from you!

That's a cool decision. Jamming with other musicians is usually very inspiring and keeps us motivated to learn new things, new licks and new concepts. Maybe you could use it as an excuse to work on 1 topic each week and then apply what you've worked during the week on the jam session.

Concepts like:

- Vibrato
- Bending
- Ornamentation
- Playing thirds
- Playing sixths
- Following the chords
- Dynamics
- Playing horizontally

What do you think?

Yeah, there are lots of things I could be working on to improve my playing. I'd love to be able to play even more djenty like Periphery and what not other bands like that, with fast open arpeggiated chords, tapping sections and whatever else they have going on. I don't really know how I could or should go about that though. I don't know if I can even explain well enough what I mean, but I guess sort of like this guy's playing here:

https://www.facebook.com/antonowich/videos/...e=2&theater

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 12 2015, 04:08 PM
Instructor
Great stuff! My favorite in that style is Angel Vivaldi and also the first EPs of Chon.

What I can recommend you to do is to learn at least 5 complete songs in that style and analyze what's happening. Once you know how to play and the theory behind 5 songs, you will have the basics to know what other things you could learn to expand your playing in this direction.

I'm open to help you and follow your analysis here. smile.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 16 2015, 02:57 PM
Learning Rock Star
Sounds like a good plan. I should work on my ears a bit, but I'm terrible with that, so I've ordered the Modern Day Babylon tab book and will try and learn a few songs from that. Looking forward to getting it.

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 16 2015, 03:21 PM
Instructor
I've never heard them before, what song do you recommend to hear?

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 16 2015, 03:24 PM
Learning Rock Star

Check it out smile.gif Very cool song, I think!

--------------------

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 19 2015, 12:07 AM
Learning Rock Star
Also, here is a new idea I came up with:

Attached File  Chorus_Idea.mp3 ( 788.11K ) Number of downloads: 125

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 19 2015, 03:50 PM
Instructor
QUOTE (Caelumamittendum @ Jun 18 2015, 08:07 PM) *
Also, here is a new idea I came up with:

Attached File  Chorus_Idea.mp3 ( 788.11K ) Number of downloads: 125

This sounds awesome!!! smile.gif

You must build the song around it!

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 19 2015, 04:58 PM
Learning Rock Star
Very rough take on something based around that idea and sort of on the picture from your creativity workout:

I can't seem to play very tight today though, so it's a pain in the arse double tracking everything.

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 20 2015, 02:31 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 20 2015, 08:36 PM
Instructor
You ROCK, commented at the creativity thread.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 21 2015, 04:55 PM
Learning Rock Star
New short idea.

I can't upload to Soundcloud for some reason. When uploading it adds pops, clicks and crackling sounds to the track...

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 22 2015, 02:31 PM
Instructor
Hi Cael! This is VERY promising! Keep going! biggrin.gif

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 24 2015, 12:47 AM
Learning Rock Star
I finished writing a song based around that thing I posted yesterday. Going to start recording it tomorrow, but so far here's the Guitar Pro version.

Attached File(s)
Attached File  New_idea_for_song.gp5 ( 88.73K ) Number of downloads: 131

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 24 2015, 02:50 PM
Instructor
Hi Cael! This is awesome! Congrats on a new track finished!!! I like everything that happens on this one, all the different parts sound promising. I would like to hear this with real guitar to see how the parts work, but a first thought that comes to mind is that some parts could be repeated less times... but I wouldn't cut this before listening to the real guitar version.

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post
Storm Linnebjerg
Jun 24 2015, 10:39 PM
Learning Rock Star
I'm struggling massively double tracking the guitars, especially during the "verse". Any tips?

Also, there needs to be added some vocals to make some parts sound less boring smile.gif

This post has been edited by Caelumamittendum: Jun 25 2015, 02:51 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gabriel Leopardi
Jun 25 2015, 03:23 PM
Instructor
Hi mate, this sounds really good! The different parts sound killer. I also think that the overall tune is a bit repetitive or maybe long. So it's time to polish and thing on ideas to make it cooler to hear.

This is when song analysis comes to mind again. I don't think that you need vocals to finish this, but you need to add more melody here, and get inspired by instrumental projects in this style that you find entertained to hear...

what bands or albums can you list on this category? Maybe cloudkicker? angel vivaldi? Please share some songs...

--------------------
My lessons

Join Gab's Army

+Quote Post

45 Pages V  « < 6 7 8 9 10 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:46 PM