Hey There Everybody!, My journey into the GMC
SpaseMoonkey
May 8 2011, 03:48 PM
GMC:er
Hello everyone,

I'm glad to have joined, I am an avid Facebook follower, I must say I enjoy going on break at work and seeing a post. It just makes me want to rush home and play my guitar even if its only for 30m or less. I actually remember years ago being on youtube and watching Kristofer's videos for the Zakk Wylde / chicken picking lessons and always wished I could find a local instructor with that energy but that is truly hard to come by. I've seen the vast instructors and even the members here who all have that energy so I feel this place is a great place to call home. smile.gif

I have owned a guitar for I want to say 14yrs I never really took it serious and then it ended up in the closest because I got frustrated when I was younger. A few years ago I picked it back up and have been self-taught since. I listen to all music for the most part because I think it helps broaden my horizons as a guitarist.

Axes:
Gibson LP
Gibson Explorer
Dean Dime-O-Flame (Daily driver)

Amp/Effects:
Egnator Renegade 65w
Marshall 1960s Slant
Pod HD500

Coming Soon:
I've been thinking of a 7-string, but thats just on the rear burner for now.

- Travis S.

You are at GuitarMasterClass.net

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 11)
Bogdan Radovic
May 8 2011, 04:11 PM
Bass & Beginner Instructor
Hey Travis! Great to have you here with us! biggrin.gif

Great gear man - you are going to enjoy your stay here! smile.gif

See you round the forum! smile.gif

Don't miss today's free lick. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

Don't miss today's free blues, jazz & country licks. Plus all our lessons are packed with free content!

--------------------
For GMC support please email support (at) guitarmasterclass.net
Check out my lessons and my instructor board.
Check out my beginner guitar lessons course! ; Take a bass course now!

+Quote Post
quadrium
May 8 2011, 05:04 PM
Learning Tone Master
Welcome to the GMC man! smile.gif

Dogukan,

--------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SPOTIFY PAGE

YOUTUBE CHANNEL

+Quote Post
Justin Myrick
May 8 2011, 08:18 PM
GMC Administrator
Welcome welcome! Glad to have you aboard. If you have any questions please feel free to PM me or send me an email.

[email protected]

--------------------
About Me

Cheers,
Justin Myrick
GMC Administrator

+Quote Post
Ivan Milenkovic
May 8 2011, 08:27 PM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Travis!

You have some fine axes and gear - and playing on them can also become very awarding.

If you need any help, feel free to post on the forum or in chat. We will be glad to help! smile.gif

--------------------
- Ivan's Video Chat Lesson Notes HERE
- Check out my GMC Profile and Lessons
- (Please subscribe to my) YouTube Official Channel
- Let's be connected through ! Facebook! :)

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 8 2011, 08:33 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! Really feels like a great place to call home. biggrin.gif

--------------------
Guitars:
Ibanez S770PB (Natural Flat) , Ibanez XPT700 (Chameleon) , Sterling J Richardson Signature , Squire IV Jazz Bass (Sunburst)
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2011, 08:46 PM
GMC Founder
Hey Travis - awesome to have you here! Please come to Stockholm and I will give you an energetic guitar lesson =)

By the way do you have any specific goal with your stay at GMC?

--------------------

+Quote Post
SpaseMoonkey
May 8 2011, 09:18 PM
Haylos Kris,

Goals yes sir! I would like to tighten my rhythm playing, be more accurate and articulate in soloing. But most importantly to have my own style and not just copy other great musicians.

--------------------
Guitars:
Gear:
Neural DSP Plugins

My YouTube Page.

+Quote Post
Nava
May 8 2011, 09:51 PM
Learning Tone Seeker
Welcome Travis cool.gif
Great to have you here.. Its the perfect place and the ONLY place for the real guitarist biggrin.gif

--------------------
If it sounds good, it IS good! And if you think its good then there is gonna be someone else in the world that thinks its good:)Wise words from former instructor Marcus Lavendell.

+Quote Post
Kristofer Dahl
May 8 2011, 09:52 PM
GMC Founder
You have come to the right place then! smile.gif Your playing will become exponentially tighter as you learn new material (and play to the backings) here at GMC.

As for bcomming a great and unique musician I think the forums should help you with that part =) (given the fact we have so many great musicians here)

--------------------

+Quote Post
Sinisa Cekic
May 9 2011, 12:39 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Travis wink.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jerry Arcidiacon...
May 9 2011, 09:38 AM
Instructor
Welcome to GMC Travis smile.gif You've some great gear!

--------------------

::: Main Gear :::

Guitars: Washburn N4 Vintage | Washburn N2 | Washburn WI67Pro | Washburn WG-587 | Washburn EA20B
Amps: Laney GH50L (head) | Laney GS410 & GS212IE (cabinets) | Rocktron PROGAP Ultra (rack preamp) | Rocktron Velocity 150 (power amp) | Marshall VS230 (combo)
FXs: Rocktron Intellifex + custom pedalboard (check my video demo)
Other: Shredneck | Intellitouch PT10 tuner
Picks: Esseti Picks

Software & Recording Gear: Cubase 4 | Overloud TH1 | Mackie Onyx 400F | EZdrummer | Korg Pandora PX4D

-------------------------------------------------------

myspace.com/jerryarcidiacono

Check out my video lessons and instructor board!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 09:21 AM